Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So the 2020 model with the bigger screen, also has the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So the 2020 model with the bigger screen, also has the app?

Yes

OK apologies for the question overload...

But is the spec pretty rigid on Irish e-Niros? Spoke to the dealer and he doesn't seem to know too much about it. Says there was no difference in spec from UK to Ireland and that EVs don't have heat pumps...

Am I right in thinking that if its the bigger screen and has rear sensors, then it has:
    *Heat pump
    *App (yes, confirmed by Johnc)
    *Rear heated seats (yes, confirmed by chewed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

But is the spec pretty rigid on Irish e-Niros? Spoke to the dealer and he doesn't seem to know too much about it. Says there was no difference in spec from UK to Ireland and that EVs don't have heat pumps...

Am I right in thinking that if its the bigger screen and has rear sensors, then it has:
    *Heat pump

Facepalm at that dealer.

Unless something has changed recently, the single (Paddy) spec Niro doesn't have a heatpump - even if it has app support and rear heated seats.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

*Heat pump

Unless changed, there's no heat pump.

It has the front sensors too.

And there's 4 different specs in the UK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

graememk wrote: »
    Unless changed, there's no heat pump.

It has the front sensors too.

And there's 4 different specs in the UK!

UK spec has JBL speakers, compared to the (very) basic speakers in the Irish model. They also have front ventilated seats.

Grand job.

So is there a full list somewhere of the spec of this car? It's April 2020 and has the bigger screen, front sensors and rear heated seats.

So expanding from that, is it the spec list that is currently on Kia Ireland website? Or was there another update for the current 2021 car?

Kia MY20 spec on the website says only front heated seats, and also that the front seats are heated AND ventilated. I didn't think we ever got the vent seats.

Made the mistake of calling my local dealer... The lack of knowledge is absolutely staggering.

First of all they're quoting €39k or so for the car. I thought it was more, but Kia's own website says €38,337.

Next up, it only comes with a cream interior. Then went and had a look at one and decided it was more like light grey. I pointed out that I was at that moment on the Kia Ireland website where it offers only the black/blue interior.

I asked if it had the heat pump, he asked what a heat pump was.

He's gone off now to contact Kia for more info and (might) call me back.

Oh and he told me that the grant is going in June, so the car will jump to €45k.

Made the mistake of calling my local dealer... The lack of knowledge is absolutely staggering.

First of all they're quoting €39k or so for the car. I thought it was more, but Kia's own website says €38,337.

Next up, it only comes with a cream interior. Then went and had a look at one and decided it was more like light grey. I pointed out that I was at that moment on the Kia Ireland website where it offers only the black/blue interior.

I asked if it had the heat pump, he asked what a heat pump was.

He's gone off now to contact Kia for more info and (might) call me back.

Oh and he told me that the grant is going in June, so the car will jump to €45k.

You're better off contacting Kia directly. I wouldn't trust the website (they originally advertised Irish model as having the JBL speakers) or the dealer.

https://www.kia.com/ie/contact/form/#/

• Advertisement

Had 2 dealers now quote me €38.5k for a new one.

So what are the views on what happens next, with the grant changes etc. Will the overall price of the car increase? If so, will the second hand values bump up a little too?

Or will Kia just drop their prices to match the grant reduction?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Grand job.

So is there a full list somewhere of the spec of this car? It's April 2020 and has the bigger screen, front sensors and rear heated seats.

So expanding from that, is it the spec list that is currently on Kia Ireland website? Or was there another update for the current 2021 car?

Don't trust Kia Ireland anyway. There's little attention to detail.

Last time I checked, they still listed TPMS sensors as an accessory in the accessory brochure even though it's part of the Irish spec :rolleyes:

The PHEV only comes in the cream interior. Maybe mixing up the 2? :shrug:
    So what are the views on what happens next, with the grant changes etc. Will the overall price of the car increase? If so, will the second hand values bump up a little too?

I think the grant is going/is gone for the PHEV..

But the SEAI grant is going for cars over 60k, E niro is well under that.
    Whatever way you cut it, even taking off the VRT Rebate. - roughly if there was no grant or rebates it would still be 50k
    Grant changes effective 1st July 2021
    The following changes to the EV grant will take effect on 1st July 2021

BEV grant will continue at €5,000
    PHEV grant will reduce to €2,500
    Grants are only available on all BEV and PHEV costing less than €60,000
    Read the full press release from the Department of Transport.

As for ventilated seats, the seats, I have has holes in the fabric, but no active ventilation. - Look at the Heated seats button, and if theres 2 rows of lights theres active ventilation on them, one row its just heated.

Any new '21 owners here that can confirm any of this?

As for ventilated seats, the seats, I have has holes in the fabric, but no active ventilation. - Look at the Heated seats button, and if theres 2 rows of lights theres active ventilation on them, one row its just heated.

Any new '21 owners here that can confirm any of this?

I have the 21 model and can confirm there is no ventilation option on the seats. Only heating.

Kia are a feckin joke so. Why list stuff online that isn't there.

So what else is missing on the Irish car that the UK did get?

Heat pump, vented seats, anything else?

And back to the previous question. Since Kia are too useless to have an accurate spec online, is there an actual accurate list of the full spec for the car? And is there any change from the 2020 model to what you'd get now?

€35k sounded good for an April 2020 car but with 2 different dealers offering me a new one for €38.5k it does make me wonder...

And back to the previous question. Since Kia are too useless to have an accurate spec online, is there an actual accurate list of the full spec for the car? And is there any change from the 2020 model to what you'd get now?

€35k sounded good for an April 2020 car but with 2 different dealers offering me a new one for €38.5k it does make me wonder...

Whats your cost to change on the 38.5k, Will you be trading the i3?

Also there is 4 (inc 1 39kwh one) different specs in the uk, Irish spec is somewhere in the middle of the 3 and 4+

maybe new imports will have the ventilated seats, but id say anything for delivery soonish is the same as we all have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone know what the lead in time after ordering is?

Whats your cost to change on the 38.5k, Will you be trading the i3?

Also there is 4 (inc 1 39kwh one) different specs in the uk, Irish spec is somewhere in the middle of the 3 and 4+

maybe new imports will have the ventilated seats, but id say anything for delivery soonish is the same as we all have.

Probably sell the i3 privately, I got a trade in valuation from the local Kia folks last year and it was a joke.

Pain in the arse that I can't get an accurate list of the features available on Irish cars, even from the actual bloody dealer.

Does the Irish wagon have power seats and seat memory?

No

Probably sell the i3 privately, I got a trade in valuation from the local Kia folks last year and it was a joke.

Pain in the arse that I can't get an accurate list of the features available on Irish cars, even from the actual bloody dealer.

I wouldn't get too het up about the features. The biggest disappointment for me was not having the decent speakers. I love listening to music in the car with a bit of decent bass, and I bought the car thinking there'd be the JBL speaker system, as was advertised on the Kia Ireland site. I even contacted them about it to say it was false advertising, but they weren't interested and just apologised for the error.

But other than that, the car is fantastic even without heat pump, memory seats or ventilated seats.

• Advertisement

I'm just a snobby fecker. I like my gadgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Sunroof, LED Headlights and the JBL full system stereo all on the UK 4+, which also came with the 11kW charger. It's possible too that the 4+ got BSD and the road sign speed limit reader thingy.

EDIT: The UK 4+ has power seats and folding mirrors when reversing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

I was looking for a 2020 E Niro and the quote I got from my local dealer (Newgate Kia) was poor despite me trading in a car I purchased from them. Ended up getting a new one in Joe Duffy Kia for same price Newgate quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

I know this is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question,

but just wondering of anyone who picked an e-niro this year, how long did it take from the day you ordered it for it to get to the dealer and you to get the key?

but just wondering of anyone who picked an e-niro this year, how long did it take from the day you ordered it for it to get to the dealer and you to get the key?

It was around 2 weeks for me from when I paid deposit and submitted my bank details to when I could drive it from the forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

About a week-car was in stock and I had finance in place. Still waiting on home charger which looks like another couple of weeks but not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    About a week-car was in stock and I had finance in place. Still waiting on home charger which looks like another couple of weeks but not an issue.

Yeh I'm just over a week at this stage, would have thought most of the car colours are available in stock at short notice, no update regarding the car delivery yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Hey @Silent Running, are you reading your PM's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

championc wrote: »
    Hey @Silent Running, are you reading your PM's ?

Yes, of course I am... maybe. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

championc wrote: »
    Sunroof, LED Headlights and the JBL full system stereo all on the UK 4+, which also came with the 11kW charger. It's possible too that the 4+ got BSD and the road sign speed limit reader thingy.

EDIT: The UK 4+ has power seats and folding mirrors when reversing too.

Wow, I didn't realise the difference was that bad. True example of the Paddy spec :mad:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement