Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Wow, I didn't realise the difference was that bad. True example of the Paddy spec :mad:

Well it's costing Kia Ireland sales. I went to my local Kia dealer when I decided to move on from the e-Niro FE. I asked about the 4+ and was told that it wouldn't be available in Ireland so I just moved on from Kia. I would have been very interested in the 4+ spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Well it's costing Kia Ireland sales. I went to my local Kia dealer when I decided to move on from the e-Niro FE. I asked about the 4+ and was told that it wouldn't be available in Ireland so I just moved on from Kia. I would have been very interested in the 4+ spec.

Yeah I get the point that they want to keep the costs down so they strip the car back a bit, but why not offer these things as optional extras? It would still annoy that the UK gets them as standard, but we'd still have the choice.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Yeah I get the point that they want to keep the costs down so they strip the car back a bit, but why not offer these things as optional extras? It would still annoy that the UK gets them as standard, but we'd still have the choice.

They will only order one trim in bulk to keep costs down, blame VRT and VAT at 23% we're ripped off in Ireland by the Government both through income tax and VAT + import duties.

Hyundai do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

fafy wrote: »
    I was quoted on Monday, 37.5k for a brand new E Niro, including metallic paint, straight sale, choice of colours and free charger. An extra 3.5 k for a brand new one rather than 2 years old seems to make sense.

Hi,

I am in market for the new one. would you be ok to PM me what garage gave you 37.5K? I am looking to buy two.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

I came across this 'Hidden features of your Kia Back-up Camera - Kia Class'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMPNFachTpc.

It does not seem to be available in the menu on the E Niro or am I missing something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    I came across this 'Hidden features of your Kia Back-up Camera - Kia Class'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMPNFachTpc.

It does not seem to be available in the menu on the E Niro or am I missing something??

both features are available in my 211 soul
    the first feature is accessed by just clicking on the icon on the screen whilst in reverse (note the icon automatically disappears after a second or 2 but will reappear if you click on the screen
    The 2nd feature is accessed through the menu as demonstrated in the video
    By coincidence it was this same video that made me aware of the features .
    To reiterate, mine is a soul not a niro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I watched the same video recently too! The option for the camera to remain on at low speeds is in the Niro, and I had noticed that already when I got the car and was playing around with the menus. The alternate camera angle is not available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

JohnC. wrote: »
    The alternate camera angle is not available though.
    It's available on my Niro PHEV.

JohnC. wrote: »
    I watched the same video recently too! The option for the camera to remain on at low speeds is in the Niro, and I had noticed that already when I got the car and was playing around with the menus. The alternate camera angle is not available though.

I can't find it. Any chance you do put up a screen dump??

Found it! In advanced setting menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

€99+VAT for my first service today happy with that !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

kieran. wrote: »

Where about’s was that? Mine is due in July - the car doesn’t even have 2000kms on it yet lol.. so I don’t want to file out €199 for a car wash like others have been quoted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

tk123 wrote: »
    Where about’s was that? Mine is due in July - the car doesn’t even have 2000kms on it yet lol.. so I don’t want to file out €199 for a car wash like others have been quoted!

Rice & Roddy Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Same as mine, was about €120 with VAT in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Same in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Just wondering what was performed during the car service?

Ours was about €126 (including VAT) and slip was just "updates" really and didnt go into much. but i have not noticed anything different on the screen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    Just wondering what was performed during the car service?

Ours was about €126 (including VAT) and slip was just "updates" really and didnt go into much. but i have not noticed anything different on the screen etc.

For most EVs it's literally just an inspection, they just check the car over for issues, the only annual replacement would probably be the pollen filter in the AC

You'll still need to replace tyres, brake pads, coolant and brake fluid, but they're pretty irregular, should get a few years between changes

So basically, they updated the software and nothing else

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

For most EVs it's literally just an inspection, they just check the car over for issues, the only annual replacement would probably be the pollen filter in the AC

You'll still need to replace tyres, brake pads, coolant and brake fluid, but they're pretty irregular, should get a few years between changes

So basically, they updated the software and nothing else

For me they didn't do anything I'm aware of.
    They said the car is OK, so that's all.
    I asked if the battery was 100%, they said it didn't need to be checked.
    They said the software didn't need to be updated either (I'm still on the original green software from last year).
    That was 140 EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

xboxdad wrote: »
    For me they didn't do anything I'm aware of.
    They said the car is OK, so that's all.
    I asked if the battery was 100%, they said it didn't need to be checked.
    They said the software didn't need to be updated either (I'm still on the original green software from last year).
    That was 140 EUR.

EV servicing = most expensive car wash in Ireland

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

The MY20 e-Niro got a BMS firmware upgrade in late 2020, and I certainly got this. I didn't want the infotainment system to be updated. I asked about the battery and they just said it was OK and that it's all on the computer, but I would have liked some form of printout rather that a nonsense bit of paper with lots of ticks against bull**** items checked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

EV servicing = most expensive car wash in Ireland

No fricken way would I let a dealership wash my car. You might as well rub it over with a bucket full of sand.

When I got the Ioniq serviced, my very discrete dash cam was left running. They put the car up on a lift for 20 seconds and topped off the screen wash. Just as well I had a free service plan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

championc wrote: »
    I didn't want the infotainment system to be updated.

I'm torn between wanting the update and not wanting it.
    ...I do not want the purple color...
    ...but I use Android Auto a lot and 1/3rd of the screen is just displaying the AA logo and it can't be swapped out for anything.
    On the latest purple software I could swap the AA logo out for the EV information widget which is exactly how I always wanted to use my car: 2/3rd AA map and 1/3rd EV info widget.
    ...but I guess I hate the purple color more than I want the EV info widget.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

No fricken way would I let a dealership wash my car. You might as well rub it over with a bucket full of sand.

When I got the Ioniq serviced, my very discrete dash cam was left running. They put the car up on a lift for 20 seconds and topped off the screen wash. Just as well I had a free service plan. :D

Y'know you're right, I noticed a fair few hairline scratches after the wash but only when the light shines in a particular angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Just put a deposit down on a new eNiro, trading in the wife's car and going to a 2 EV household now. Should have it next weekend apparently. ðŸ‘ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Welcome to the two EV household club

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Did anyone get a service plan? Currently €600 for the e-Niro :eek: I assume they’ll want to change the coolant at the 3 year service regardless of mileage so I’d eventually make a saving? (there’s no way mine will be 45/60k as myself and the car are WFH!)

Interesting, they haven't mentioned anything to me about a service plan yet. I presume they'll try to upsell that and some sort of coating for the paint when I go in to collect the car and pay the balance etc.

Did anyone get a discounted service plan by any chance? And is the service plan only for that dealer/garage or can you use it at any Kia dealer?

Last q - how much does the 3rd year service with the coolant change cost? I hear it's made from a mix of unicorn tears and unobtanium?

Thanks,

Pete

A quick Google tells me that the 3 year service plan for the eNiro is 399?

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwcms/kme/ie/en/assets/Service/Care-3/Care-3_Service_Plans.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

A quick Google tells me that the 3 year service plan for the eNiro is 399?

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwcms/kme/ie/en/assets/Service/Care-3/Care-3_Service_Plans.pdf
    You need to look two columns to the right!

• Advertisement

Duh Pete - Thanks!

Bonkers that the EV is more expensive than the Hybrid one!

Advertisement