Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

The free pulsar (basic)charger or, free €500 Easy Go account credit expired on May 14th, and is no longer appearing on kia Ireland website, but i would imagine, is likely to be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Duh Pete - Thanks!

Bonkers that the EV is more expensive than the Hybrid one!

It's to make up for all the money they lose because you won't need to replace any parts

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's to make up for all the money they lose because you won't need to replace any parts

Yup and something I’ll take more notice of next time around - kia’s servicing costs/intervals vs other manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Baby in back seat has realised there are buttons on the door so keeps activating the heated seat or window. Any covers I can get to block the buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Baby in back seat has realised there are buttons on the door so keeps activating the heated seat or window. Any covers I can get to block the buttons?

Most cars have a switch to deactivate the passenger window controls for just this reason, I imagine the E-Niro has the same

It might be tied to the child lock, it seems that way in the ID.4

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Most cars have a switch to deactivate the passenger window controls for just this reason, I imagine the E-Niro has the same

It might be tied to the child lock, it seems that way in the ID.4
    Yeah there’s a button to disable window but not the heated seat! Even disabled he’s constantly pressing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi folks,

I see that the current eNiro model has a 3 phase 11kW charger, but it looks like charge time on a 22kWh publicly charger is the same as on a 7kW home charger. For those who have one, is that right?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Hi folks,

I see that the current eNiro model has a 3 phase 11kW charger, but it looks like charge time on a 22kWh publicly charger is the same as on a 7kW home charger. For those who have one, is that right?

It should be about 50% faster than the 7kW home charge point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Yeah there’s a button to disable window but not the heated seat! Even disabled he’s constantly pressing them!

He'll get bored. I wouldn't worry about the heated seats being on. Give him a book!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hi folks,

Are you using a 3 phase cable? If not, max you will get is 7kW.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Are you using a 3 phase cable? If not, max you will get is 7kW.

Haven't picked the car up yet, but saw the charging info and wanted to check with actual owners. I believe it comes with a grey 3 phase type 2 cable, so should get 11kWh from a 22kW charger but would love to get that confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Haven't picked the car up yet, but saw the charging info and wanted to check with actual owners. I believe it comes with a grey 3 phase type 2 cable, so should get 11kWh from a 22kW charger but would love to get that confirmed.

You are getting that charge time from the brochure? What exactly does it say/show?

If they provide a 3ph cable then it will charge faster than at home. Thats the whole point of it.

KCross wrote: »
    You are getting that charge time from the brochure? What exactly does it say/show?

If they provide a 3ph cable then it will charge faster than at home. Thats the whole point of it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Kia aren't very specific about it and all of the online articles (e.g. https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/kia-e-niro-charging-guide/) I presume are referring to the UK spec that didn't have the 11kW on board charger.

Just looking for confirmation from an owner of the 2021 model

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Kia aren't very specific about it and all of the online articles (e.g. https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/kia-e-niro-charging-guide/) I presume are referring to the UK spec that didn't have the 11kW on board charger.

Just looking for confirmation from an owner of the 2021 model

Yes, it will charge faster. 11 from the public 22s and 7 at home.

JohnC. wrote: »
    Yes, it will charge faster. 11 from the public 22s and 7 at home.

Thanks JohnC

one of these lol :pac:
    https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/car_bed/car_seat_mats/129693

tk123 wrote: »

I'll just prod him with a stick each time he presses it, it'll form a Pavlovian response to door buttons for the rest of his life :D

Anyone put a roof box on their Niro? Need to get one but there's so many variations. Quite like the minimalist/sleek look of the Thule Vector but not at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'll just prod him with a stick each time he presses it, it'll form a Pavlovian response to door buttons for the rest of his life :D
    You could just pull the fuse! There's separate fuses for the font and rear heated seats so you could pull just the rear one and the front ones would continue working.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Anyone put a roof box on their Niro? Need to get one but there's so many variations. Quite like the minimalist/sleek look of the Thule Vector but not at that price!

Got a Halfords Advanced roof box last year. It's black and streamlined so looks great. They are made by Thule as well, didn't know that until opened it for the first time.

• Advertisement

Collecting the eNiro later today. Anything specific I should check for or ask when collecting? I presume at this stage there should be no issues with it coming with a 3 phase charge cable and it'll have a granny cable.

Does the dealer need to do anything re enabling Uvo?

Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Collecting the eNiro later today. Anything specific I should check for or ask when collecting? I presume at this stage there should be no issues with it coming with a 3 phase charge cable and it'll have a granny cable.

Does the dealer need to do anything re enabling Uvo?

Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Best of luck! You'll love it. I assume it's a 211 model. If so you should get the 3 phase charge cable and granny cable. Just confirm with them.

You can set up UVO yourself. You register an account and then use the VIN to add the vehicle.

chewed wrote: »
    Best of luck! You'll love it. I assume it's a 211 model. If so you should get the 3 phase charge cable and granny cable. Just confirm with them.

You can set up UVO yourself. You register an account and then use the VIN to add the vehicle.

Thanks Chewed, yes, got a great deal on the 211 model (€36.5k).

Thanks Chewed, yes, got a great deal on the 211 model (€36.5k).

Wow! great price. Is it used or new?

chewed wrote: »
    Wow! great price. Is it used or new?

Brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Brand new

Are you enjoying the eNiro? I’m torn between it and the ID3.

remoteboy wrote: »
    Are you enjoying the eNiro? I’m torn between it and the ID3.

Both are good cars but I think maybe the id.3 has the edge for OTA updates and fast charging particularly the Tour 4 and Tour 5 78 Kwh versions. `The travel assist seems to be a bit better than the Niro version + the travel assist receives updates and it will be interesting to see how that progresses.

I do like the interior of the Niro just a shame you can't get the top spec in Ireland.

Also, the Rear Wheel Drive will make a big difference to grip especially in the wet when pulling out hard onto main roads or at roundabouts, you won't have to "learn" how to adapt by pressing the throttle a lot gentler, in the id.3 you'll be able to plant the throttle a lot more.

Checking prices for 1st service... dealer I bought from is charging €175! :mad: €65 cheaper from another I checked with earlier. I have 3003km on the clock..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

tk123 wrote: »
    Checking prices for 1st service... dealer I bought from is charging €175! :mad: €65 cheaper from another I checked with earlier. I have 3003km on the clock..

I thought it was 12 months for 1st service ?surely you’ve done more than 3003 kms in 12 months Even allowing for covid restrictions?

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    I thought it was 12 months for 1st service ?surely you’ve done more than 3003 kms in 12 months Even allowing for covid restrictions?

3003k in 11 months with WFH/restrictions. It would have been under 10k anyways in normal times as I had a handy commute! I was checking prices to see if the service plan was worth my while and you have to buy within 11 months.

Advertisement