Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

tk123 wrote: »
    3003k in 11 months with WFH/restrictions. It would have been under 10k anyways in normal times as I had a handy commute! I was checking prices to see if the service plan was worth my while and you have to buy within 11 months.

Remind us, whats the cost of the service plan are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Has anyone checked out the new UVO app? For some reason (I think it's only Android) they have created a new/separate app to the old one. Not sure why they didn't just update the old one.

It seems to be a nicer and more logical layout to the previous version so will play around with it over the weekend.

-rLKfq4mJrKBf6Is7ktlMpj-SuPMOxpqow1wCQopJybWafMn4kzOqkVSyOCrNwIP7w=w2560-h1301-rw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

What’s the going rate for the second hand? Looking to trade mine in soon. I need to figure out what’s a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Just had a look and it's on iOS too. Listed as UVO Connect 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

dmcg90 wrote: »
    What’s the going rate for the second hand? Looking to trade mine in soon. I need to figure out what’s a fair price.

Very strong asking prices anyway.

• Advertisement

Any reason you're trading in? Are you looking for a new EV? Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

chewed wrote: »
    Any reason you're trading in? Are you looking for a new EV? Just curious

Looking to upgrade in 212.

I drive up to Donegal from Dublin a bit and would like a bit of extra range/faster charging given the public network isn’t very built out on the route. If Laghy is down, which it has been before… I’ve been stuck doing massive detours or using a granny cable.

My 192 doesn’t have a heat pump so motorway on a cold day really cuts into the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Doncsicso

Looking to upgrade in 212.

I drive up to Donegal from Dublin a bit and would like a bit of extra range/faster charging given the public network isn’t very built out on the route. If Laghy is down, which it has been before… I’ve been stuck doing massive detours or using a granny cable.

My 192 doesn’t have a heat pump so motorway on a cold day really cuts into the range.

I’m waiting delivery of my 212 eNiro and I only realized that the Irish trim eNiro has no HP…. So if you need one with a HP you’ll need to look into getting one from the UK, or a different car. Based on my research, the non-HP heating loses you around 8% range compared to the HP version.

Hi all, while I’m waiting delivery of my eNiro, I recently found out that there are quite a number of people who had issues with their engine/motor developing a clicking sound very early resulting in a motor change under warranty. Just wondering if anyone had this with their car here? Same was happening to the Kona thanks to the shared drivetrain. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

fits wrote: »
    Very strong asking prices anyway.

I saw a 2020 one for sale for 37.5k, recently, which is way off, as posters in here, got straight sale pricing of 36.5k & 37.5k for a brand new 2021 one, varies from dealer to dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 2tiredkjl

Doncsicso wrote: »
    Hi all, while I’m waiting delivery of my eNiro, I recently found out that there are quite a number of people who had issues with their engine/motor developing a clicking sound very early resulting in a motor change under warranty. Just wondering if anyone had this with their car here? Same was happening to the Kona thanks to the shared drivetrain. Thanks!

I had the clicking noise on our 192 Kia Soul EV (same mechanicals as the Eniro). It developed over time. It isn't an obstacle to the use of the car. Its just indicative of premature undesirable component wear. The reduction gear was changed by the servicing dealer, under warranty. Mileage was circa 65,000Kms. 10k later all is still good. The noise did not return. It took a month to get the replacement part; Covid era delays. I asked for and they kindly gave me a new 201 Soul EV to use for the month. I'm happy with the warranty and customer experience

2tiredkjl wrote: »
    I had the clicking noise on our 192 Kia Soul EV (same mechanicals as the Eniro). It developed over time. It isn't an obstacle to the use of the car. Its just indicative of premature undesirable component wear. The reduction gear was changed by the servicing dealer, under warranty. Mileage was circa 65,000Kms. 10k later all is still good. The noise did not return. It took a month to get the replacement part; Covid era delays. I asked for and they kindly gave me a new 201 Soul EV to use for the month. I'm happy with the warranty and customer experience

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, it looks like the reduction gear/motor change happened quite a lot with these earlier models…. I wonder if they ironed out these in the latest models…. I’ll check my motor number when I get the car…. The 710 had these issues and now for replacements Kia uses the number 712 so hopefully they managed to fix things inside. I’m not too worried as the 150k km warranty will cover anything of this sort for years to come. Good luck with your Soul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Hi all, while I’m waiting delivery of my eNiro, I recently found out that there are quite a number of people who had issues with their engine/motor developing a clicking sound very early resulting in a motor change under warranty.

Our Ioniq developed a click & had the drive unit replaced. It was 6 or 7 months old IIRC & it was replaced without issue. Likely the same final drive/reduction gear issue.

Kramer wrote: »
    Our Ioniq developed a click & had the drive unit replaced. It was 6 or 7 months old IIRC & it was replaced without issue. Likely the same final drive/reduction gear issue.

Thanks. Glad to hear it was sorted without an issue. I found it a bit shocking that the same drivetrain caused Ioniqs, Konas, eNiros, eSouls to be affected, I’d have thought a common component like this was designed and produced with care to make it extra-durable …. It must have cost the Kia/Hyundai group a lot of money to fix these…

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Cost nothing compared to battery replacement woes they're in

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Cost nothing compared to battery replacement woes they're in

lol... yeah, I almost forgot about that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Handy Coin/Card holder for Kia e-Niro for sale on Adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/24089691

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Barney224 wrote: »
    Handy Coin/Card holder for Kia e-Niro for sale on Adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/24089691

Handy. Too many cards!

Or if anyone fancies printing their own version: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4025206

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Wondering if any new eniro owners here can share the lead times for delivery. We are in the market for a new car and looking at EVs including niro.

Some of the ones we saw today mentioned 16 week lead times ( Peugeot ) due to chip shortages .

galaxy12 wrote: »
    Wondering if any new eniro owners here can share the lead times for delivery. We are in the market for a new car and looking at EVs including niro.

Some of the ones we saw today mentioned 16 week lead times ( Peugeot ) due to chip shortages .

Well, I can only tell you what we were told by Kia Kilkenny. If I remember correctly we arranged a deal on a new e-Niro at the end of May, and now we`re told that we can pick up the car on 5th of July. We were lucky because the car was already on its way here. So I think even waiting 2 months or more is reasonable given the current situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Well, I can only tell you what we were told by Kia Kilkenny. If I remember correctly we arranged a deal on a new e-Niro at the end of May, and now we`re told that we can pick up the car on 5th of July. We were lucky because the car was already on its way here. So I think even waiting 2 months or more is reasonable given the current situation.

Same as me, seam dealership too. Very upfront too, great to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

My experience in Kilkenny was good when buying there too.

Thanks all.
    Test drove a gravity blue 212 in Dublin yesterday and Mrs liked it more than other EVs in the range.
    Decent scrappage deal and features imo compared to others.
    Hopefully we order ours next week and put down the deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Thought that the Gravity Blue was replaced by the Yacht Blue ???

championc wrote: »
    Thought that the Gravity Blue was replaced by the Yacht Blue ???

We weren't told so at the dealer . I suppose we will come to know more next week when we order 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

We weren't told so at the dealer . I suppose we will come to know more next week when we order 😊

I certainly thought that the Yacht Blue was the one available since about the start of the year. I saw one in Liffey Valley in March. So maybe the one you saw was a very early 2021 or a late 2020

championc wrote: »
    I certainly thought that the Yacht Blue was the one available since about the start of the year. I saw one in Liffey Valley in March. So maybe the one you saw was a very early 2021 or a late 2020

Thanks . I can still see the model in the configurator online and the Dealer did not seem to indicate that when we indicated gravity blue as the likely option ...

Thanks . I can still see the model in the configurator online and the Dealer did not seem to indicate that when we indicated gravity blue as the likely option ...

I wouldn't trust anything online from Kia! They stated that Irish eNiros would have JBL speakers, which turned out to be a "typo".

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Can I ask how far up the food chain in KIA did you go with this ?
    Perhaps you should write to the MD of Kia Ireland & mark it personal.
    Mr.Ronan Flood
    Calmount Park, Unit A8,
    Calmount Ave,
    Ballymount,
    Dublin, D12 X266

Be polite & just let him know how unhappy you are with the service you've received. I had a problem with a new Honda model back in the day so I speak from experience.

So, I wrote a letter and posted and addressed it to Ronan Flood in mid April expressing my disappointment at the customer service I received from Kia.

To date, I have heard nothing back from anyone in Kia!

• Advertisement

chewed wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust anything online from Kia! They stated that Irish eNiros would have JBL speakers, which turned out to be a "typo".

Interesting .,thanks
    Didnt know that . I couldn't find the JBL speakers in the specifications sheet online ( kia IE main website) .Some of the dealers still mention them though -
    https://www.joeduffy.ie/kia/new-cars/e-niro/

Which stereo's some as default in them ?

Anything else to be aware of which is different from specs knowing that there is only 1 trim level on offer.

Advertisement