Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

But according to information on hand, the spec is a game killer. :(

When my 2015 car has a better spec to a 2019 car you know you are getting screwed :P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Will be interesting to see what the actual spec of the Niro will be here in Ireland.

I am leaning towards The Kona, the size suits me perfectly, also prefer its looks.

But the Irish spec looks to be missing a number of items I am used to in my present mid spec small ICE such as LED lights, built in Nav, Adaptive cruise, Lane Follow Assist + other items. I am awaiting Hyundai to confirm.

I'd be surprised if The Niro includes the above if they keep the price below 40K. If it is so equipped it will be the better buy..

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Lossy

eagerv wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what the actual spec of the Niro will be here in Ireland.

I am leaning towards The Kona, the size suits me perfectly, also prefer its looks.

But the Irish spec looks to be missing a number of items I am used to in my present mid spec small ICE such as LED lights, built in Nav, Adaptive cruise, Lane Follow Assist + other items. I am awaiting Hyundai to confirm.

I'd be surprised if The Niro includes the above if they keep the price below 40K. If it is so equipped it will be the better buy..

My Niro PHEV has all of the above features and the PHEV in the republic has only one spec. If the Niro EV for Ireland is missing any of these features, that to me would look like a marketing mistake by Kia.

Lossy wrote: »
    My Niro PHEV has all of the above features and the PHEV in the republic has only one spec. If the Niro EV for Ireland is missing any of these features, that to me would look like a marketing mistake by Kia.

Yes I agree; so if they include the PHEV spec, it will be interesting to see what the price will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Just went to Hyundai picked up the brochure for the ioniq. They were not taking orders or deposits until after mid October. But they have the app in the brochure for Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Hopefully the Irish spec will be top notch.

kuro68k wrote: »
    Hopefully the Irish spec will be top notch.

And probably will be top dollar.:)

If the Irish stripped down spec Kona is about 38K on the road, I reckon a well specced Niro will be around 43 or 44K.

If the Irish stripped down spec Kona is about 38K on the road, I reckon a well specced Niro will be around 43 or 44K.

I'd happily pay that much if I could find somewhere to bloody charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

And probably will be top dollar.:)

43k on the road (after grants?) or 43k & then take off grants?

personally I think it'll be 40k after all grants -so prob closer to 50K list price. Which is a hell of a price for a KIA!!!

daheff wrote: »
    43k on the road (after grants?) or 43k & then take off grants?

personally I think it'll be 40k after all grants -so prob closer to 50K list price. Which is a hell of a price for a KIA!!!

I fear 43 or 44k after grants, comparing it to the Paddy spec Kona..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can't see it being that high.

The Irish Kona is what, €37ish?

I'd say the Irish spec Niro will be just under €40k.

Meaning that I'll be trying to get one in from the UK in proper spec for around the same or a bit less.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Can't see it being that high.

The Irish Kona is what, €37ish?

I'd say the Irish spec Niro will be just under €40k.

Meaning that I'll be trying to get one in from the UK in proper spec for around the same or a bit less.

Yes probably around €40k for a stripped down version.

Niro seems to be about 5% more than the Kona in Korea, but I don't know if that will translate to Europe or Ireland in particular.

kuro68k wrote: »
    Niro seems to be about 5% more than the Kona in Korea, but I don't know if that will translate to Europe or Ireland in particular.

EP mooney are selling Kona EV at 37,845, so 5% increase has Niro at 39,737 (round it to 39,995).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

EP mooney are selling Kona EV at 37,845

How are EP Mooney selling the Kona EV at anything given that it's online orders only and the dealers have all been cut out?

The reason I was guessing €43 or €44k for the Niro is because if we were to get the same high spec Kona as the rest of Europe seem to be getting it would probably be over €41k. Add €2k for a high spec Niro. Plus a bit of VRT and Vat. Hence €43k plus.

Hope I'm wrong.smile.png

How are EP Mooney selling the Kona EV at anything given that it's online orders only and the dealers have all been cut out?

well its advertised on their site on the below link at this price

KONA

scroll down to where its says in blue "HYUNDAI KONA PRICE & MODELS:" click that and the price appears.

I think the dealer gets a kicker and provides a pick up location etc. I don't think they cut them out altogether. This was mentioned somewhere online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

well its advertised on their site on the below link at this price

KONA

scroll down to where its says in blue "HYUNDAI KONA PRICE & MODELS:" click that and the price appears.

The picture of the front of the Kona has the flat section where the radar for active cruise lives, and inside has the HUD shown. I'm looking at a photo of the front of the one Hyundai Ireland has and there is no flat plate. There is no HUD either. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

The picture of the front of the Kona has the flat section where the radar for active cruise lives, and inside has the HUD shown. I'm looking at a photo of the front of the one Hyundai Ireland has and there is no flat plate. There is no HUD either. :mad:

When I click the KonaEV Link (for the Ireland EP Mooney Site) & click the Interior Header Section - I see the HUD showing in the picture that is meant to represent what to expect.

See my screen shot attached..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

bonoman66 wrote: »
    When I click the KonaEV Link (for the Ireland EP Mooney Site) & click the Interior Header Section - I see the HUD showing in the picture that is meant to represent what to expect.

See my screen shot attached..

Yeah, that's what I was saying, but it's not on the Kona that Hyundai have out and about. Neither is the radar panel under the front grille.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Yeah, that's what I was saying, but it's not on the Kona that Hyundai have out and about. Neither is the radar panel under the front grille.

Apologies - I misunderstood. I didn't realize you were referring to a physical car you'd seen.

Sorry about that.

Very poor then that we are only offered a sub specified model ! This should not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Having seen the diesel version in flesh a few times over the last few weeks.

It's an ugly ugly car.

Not a fan.

listermint wrote: »
    Having seen the diesel version in flesh a few times over the last few weeks.

It's an ugly ugly car.

Not a fan.

has anyone actually bought the diesel version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    has anyone actually bought the diesel version?

No, nobody (talking about the Niro). It is the Sportage that is pushed out with diesels.

In 2017:
    207 HEVs

In 2018:
    202 HEVs
    134 PHEVs

There were 5 diesel Kona's registered in 2018..

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

grogi wrote: »
    No, nobody (talking about the Niro). It is the Sportage that is pushed out with diesels.

In 2017:
    207 HEVs

In 2018:
    202 HEVs
    134 PHEVs

There were 5 diesel Kona's registered in 2018..

I think they were talking about konas in the niro thread :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Had the dealer chat today :D

He was surprisingly confident it would be around 34k which I told him I don't quite believe :) Lovely guy seemed pretty well informed, expecting just a couple of Niros delivered in December, and of course he will know more around the end of October after their big meetings.

Had the dealer chat today :D

He was surprisingly confident it would be around 34k which I told him I don't quite believe :) Lovely guy seemed pretty well informed, expecting just a couple of Niros delivered in December, and of course he will know more around the end of October after their big meetings.

Which dealer was this.
    ?

Be good to know a kia dealer who is informed.

Which dealer was this.
    ?

Be good to know a kia dealer who is informed.

He is not informed if he thinks it will be 34k,....

The main launch is at Paris motor show so should be more details next week

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He is not informed if he thinks it will be 34k,....

The main launch is at Paris motor show so should be more details next week

yeah but if hes selling a new niro 64kw EV for 34K, then I'm buying one :D

Advertisement