Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Its meant to be 15k... I just didn't get around to doing it... Let's blame covid... And it was only at nine months.

And for the next service.. well I'm not gonna argue with the sticker ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

How come you have to bring it in at all, there should be no service requirements for EVs, at least Nissan only charge less than €80 but Tesla done away with service requirements altogether

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Oh I know, sure it's the same with the Kona too?

Although it was €100 for the last one I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

We seriously considered a Kia before going for a different EV, all of the dealers were adamant about this 15,000 km service interval, it’s ridiculous- three prices I got were all €120.

Thats €480 over two years for us, maybe even more, whilst say an id3 or i3 is every two years, it adds up. The money is annoying but being without the car is a bigger inconvenience.

Failure to keep strictly to the service schedule will allow Kia to void warranty work. You end up really paying for the 7 year warranty with a crazy service schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

The dealer sticker on my eNiro says next service is 20,000km or March 2022 (1 year).

• Advertisement

Apologies, I should have quoted my response to xboxdad, the aim of my post was to share my experience with the different Kia dealers I visited and the information I got from the Kia website in relation to the service intervals on the Kia electric range.

Its good to hear they have increased the service schedule milage to 20,000km intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

It'd be great news, but.. What a mess!

I contacted Kia Ireland asking about the rules.

I got an email back from a TheAA (!) email address and they asked which dealer I had my 1st service with so that they can progress my case further.

What does this have to do with the dealer and what does this have to do with The AA? OMG... I guess I won't get the official rules confirmed and will get some opinion from that random dealer instead... Which will be the 28k for the 2nd service as they already wrote it on the sticker themselves.

Update: They responded and said the interval between the services can't exceed 15k therefore the next service is at 13+15 = 28..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've received replies from someone with a theaa.ie email address before when sending queries to Kia customer services. It's bizarre, I guess they farm out some of their CS stuff to them for some reason. The replies have always been useless boilerplate stuff that showed that nobody actually read the question properly in the first place.

Aye, I hear you. I wouldn’t be working off a window sticker that could have been put on by a general operative in the garage or someone who wasn’t up to date on Kia EV policy.

I posted a reply to your post using evidence based information taken from Kia directly that the milage was 15k, that’s what I would have run with had I bought one and that’s the only information I would trust, your new updated information confirms this was correct.

I wasn’t getting into a he said / she said argument with the other poster who was going by the window sticker.

Hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Anyone know if the BMS on the e-niro looks after 100%. What I mean is, does 100% SoC equate to 100% SoC on the pack or is the car/BMS letting us know it's 100% when it's actually 80-90%. Same question for the lower end.

The reason I ask is: are people doing full cycles as per the car's battery level or keeping it nearer to 80/20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

All BEV's have a buffer at the bottom and top end. i.e. 100% on the dash is not really 100% at the cell level. It varies by manufacturer how big that buffer is.

We're doing mostly 20-80, with the odd 100 every few weeks, depending on what we are doing.

If you have an app that would show the info I have an obd2 thingy I can use. We have it about 18months and nearly 40k done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I don't think anyone has had their car long enough and seen any battery degradation to be able to say how, if the battery had the equivalent of 9 out of 10 bars, as to whether when full, it would call 9 bars as being the "new" 100% or if it would call it 90%.

In other words, I assume you want to know if SoC is based on the actual capacity or the original capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The real size of the 64 kWh battery is apparently 67.5 kWh. So a buffer of 3.5.

Good point. I suppose we'll need to give it some time to see how the battery management looks after the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

FYI

it wont take a hitch, even a bike hitch like the leaf

nice red one in Horse and Jockey Kia

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you were to use a different kind of bike prack, luck the rear mounted ones you can get in Halfords would they work?

E. G. https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-racks/rear-mounted-bike-racks/?isVrnSearch=true

Yeah rear mounted is fine but have to be careful of the body work etc.

I have seen people get aftermarket bike only ones fitted in the UK.

Weirdly, Kia Germany have offered one on the eNiro for bikes only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi folks, does the eNiro have an app?

• Advertisement

No, started with the 2020 model with the 10.25" screen.

OK - So no app for the 2019 model :/

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Has anyone here replaced the wipers (front and rear) on their Niro yet? I really need to replace the rear one (damaged by those stupid white stick-on letters with the URL of the garage, which have recently been removed) and have found that one fairly easily (Bosch A300H), but I'm stumped by the front ones. They have a kind of plastic shroud / spoiler over them which I initially thought was just a cover that would clip off and fit over the metal frame of the replacement wiper, but on closer inspection it's all part of the same structure.

Bosch have a set with the larger 26" one of the two having a spoiler (SP26S) but the smaller 16" one is a standard metal frame (SP16). Googling SP16S, which I assume would be the equivalent one with a spoiler doesn't return anything useful so it looks like it doesn't exist which is odd. They do an Aerotwin retrofit version though which I may have to go for.

I don't really want to pay Kia main dealer rates for OEM ones, so any suggestions? I've seen some Michelin ones on a UK website, but with all the problems being reported with An Post and deliveries from outside the EU I'm loathe to go down that path.

Any suuggestions / ideas / recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Probably not the right thread for this, but I was driving up North last week and noticed that nearly all the radio stations (especially BBC) had lovely colourful logos appearing in the Radio section of the infotainment screen. Yet, down south, none of the stations seem to have logos. Is there a reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Probably DAB radio - we did away with it here but I'm pretty sure they still have it in NI.

Dealer got back to me today and all he could tell me in the email is that it left the factory on the 9th and it's current location is unknown by the dealer or system.

Final assembly was the 29th June

Left Factory 9th September

He says VW had told him it was due on the boat for the 15th and he can't get any more information and not just for my car so it's not looking good.

• Advertisement

Advertisement