Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gazgaz22

Hi all.

Just found this forum...alot of great info thanks ...I'm waiting to collect my new 221 kia e.niro next week and I was wondering has it got full LED headlights apart from LED day time running lights .. my model is Kia E+Niro MY22 ME.

Much appreciated if someone can tell me

Gaz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Don't think so, but there's always the possibility that they changed the specs, but then they would have up'd the price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

MY22 is supposed to have LED headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

MY22 has the led lights.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys .

I'll just have to wait and see

Still haven't found a definite answer not even from Kia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

I was in a dealership today about a MY21 and when I was asking about differences between years the salesperson eventually recalled that they had changed the headlights between MY21 and MY22 (initially he was saying it was just the difference in the badge design), and when I mentioned LED he agreed, so make of that what you will.

That's great ...good to know ...hopefully there is full LED HEADLIGHTS

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

Just wondering if anyone knows if the current E-Niro stock has the new Kia logo or are they still with the old one?

• Advertisement

2022....my22 definitely has the new KIA logo on front and rear of car also sheering wheel and the four hub caps

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,659 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Long time lurker, first time poster, so hello everybody!

Since ms jou got advice to rid of her old car asap, we decided to go electric, after some research we chose e-Niro.

I now can confirm LED headlights, however I'm surprised they kept ordinary bulbs for rear indicators.

The car's boot will be slightly modified to gain more space and a space saver simultaneously, but I'm yet to find out what size of wheel would fit in there. 155/90R16 is definately too big.

Great to hear and Full LED headlights . I believe you can buy LED for rear indicators.

Happy driving

Gaz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

A full size spare will fit so a 16" spacesaver should be no problem: https://www.speakev.com/threads/spare-wheel-for-e-niro.151495/

This is on the "to do" list for my new e-Niro also. Some say a spacesaver is not suitable for the weight of the car but if the tyre has the correct rating, then it should be fine.

I believe a 16 inch wheel with 5 bolts connection should fix 17inch wheel an emergency only

Gaz

I've a T125/80 R17

Is that the boot of a Kia E-Niro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,659 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Thanks. :-)

Thanks, already read that thread and a few others on the speakev and elsewhere. As I mentioned, I have 155/90 R16 I took off the ASX she traded and tyre's too big (PCD and bore are identical though, just have to check if it fits without fouling the brakes and other bits). Thinking of 145/90 R16 or 135/90 R16.

Thanks, good to know it fits. :-)

Well I'd hardly post pics and sizes from some other !!! Of course it is

• Advertisement

I just checked and surprisingly (to me anyway), the 16" spacesaver is actually 18mm wider! Higher sidewall obviously.

145/90 R16 is exactly the same diameter as the full size.

Does it fit front and back without snagging the calipers etc?

Can I ask where you sourced it?

I've never used it nor measured it up. I bought it from another Boardie who sold his e-Niro last year. He bought it online.

Look at thewheelshop.co.uk. they also list on Amazon

Also look at https://www.speakev.com/threads/spare-wheel-for-e-niro.151495/

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Minifox

Hi guys

Does anyone else find that charging an EV affects call quality on internet videoconferences and calls. I mean that the audio becomes garbled if you try to charge the car at the same time? It happens when I'm the VPN at work.

And a second question, has anyone managed to switch from a standard meter to a smart meter? I've tried contacting ESB about it but trying to get a definite date from them is impossible. Obviously I want to be able to avail of a night tariff. Paying full rate is costing me about 50 euro per thousand kms. It's cheaper than petrol, of course, but not all that cheap really, if you drive a lot.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

First I can't answer.

Second, just ring your supplier and request a day/night meter. They are cheaper than the smart meter plans anyway if your using plenty of night rate. They'll do the booking for esb networks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

... switch from a standard meter to a smart meter

Dont switch to a smart meter. Switch to a day/night rate. Smart meter tariffs are more expensive than standard day/night tariffs.

You might be able to switch to a day/night tariff without getting ESB out to your house. Is your current meter a digital one with a button on it that allows you to see your day and night usage?

If yes, just ask yur provider to switch you to a day/night tariff. No meter change required.

If no, then you should still still ask your provider to switch you to a day/night tariff but ESB will need to come out and swap your meter.

No cost to you either way.

If you switch to a smart meter you will end up paying more, so dont go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Minifox

Thanks for the replies, KCross and Graememk.

I looked up providers; and, yes, you're quite right. New Smart Meters have more expensive rates per kw than the old day/night meters. Now, what's 'smart' about that!?

The thing is that I have solar panels and I think I need a smart meter to be paid for selling excess back to grid--if that initiative ever actually happens.

I was hoping my EO charger would allow me to make more use of solar panels but the installer said he couldn't install a clamp to allow me to taper down power going to Niro. Couldn't be bothered, more like... Oh, it ain't easy going green!

Niro's minimum seems to be 4.5kw and panels generate 2ish when the sun shines.

Charge with a granny charger. It will charge at 1.x kW and therefore mean all of your excess will get consumed by the car.

I would have thought only the likes of a CA Zappi can properly use solar excess.

And do you really want 3c per kWh to give power back to the grid ? You need to see how to use it when you have it.

I'll almost barricade my door to stop them taking my night meter. Have 9 hours reduced to about 3 - fook that

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Paid deposit for eniro early December and still waiting. Dealer telling us it will be early February before it might arrive, this was the advice Kia Ireland have been telling them. Anyone else getting the same story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Yes I'm in the same situation and got the same answer but I think it will be closer to the end of February.

out of interest which dealer is telling you this?

Advertisement