Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

No concrete information yet. When they receive it add 2 days for them to unwrap it and register it.

The fact that the price has changed must mean customs are finished there stuff with it.

Hoping for a delivery date in the first 2 weeks in September, but no one seems to know anything. All guesses at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I was told this by my dealer on Monday...

"The EV Niro’s have arrived in the Country but Kia are holding them as they are awaiting a part. They should be with us in the next week or so I’m told."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was reading over on the UK Kia forums that there is an issue with a door seal which needs to be replaced

That could be the same here then and what's causing the delays

I was just out with my dealer and I don't want to get my or your hopes up, but I too was told next week. Fingers crossed the long wait is over lol.

• Advertisement

If any of you are interested in seeing a new crashed Niro EV in Korea, they are removing the battery. Its a detailed video in Korean.

https://youtu.be/CC8aKaKrf4s

Post edited by GIMickey on

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wingnut1984

Anyone get any more info ref new pricing or delivery date?? My dealer was meant to get back to me Wednesday and still I've heard nothing new, rang today but the rep I've been dealing with wasn't available and receptionist hadn't a clue.

I was told next week and if the price was to come down it would be to 45900 including delivery and metallic paint. But nothing confirmed with price yet and I asked yday.

I would have expected it to be €45k inc. delivery/paint. I was originally quoted 47k a few months back for this, so will be disappointed if it's not reduced by €2k

Hopefully it will be finalised one way or another soon, sick and tired of waiting with this "ehhh, we're not sure, we are waiting to hear from head office". They've had months to figure out a bloody price, it's a bit of a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Saw the Megane E-Tech whilst on holiday in France and it is as stunning in reality as it is in pictures, but it is a little bit too low for him and as far as I know pricing/delivery hasn't been announced yet.

That is great too here. It's just a pity about the Ugly Logo that Renault have now. If I were buying one I would want the chrome Diamond Logo on it. So much nicer and classier than the new Logo.

In fact I think KIA are the only marque that have improved there Logo when they revamped it.

Peugeot ruined there's , VW too,

I see Skoda will be next to ruin there's by getting rid of the emblem altogether utterly stupid and just having lettering on there cars.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Tell me about it, I will be negotiating when they get the car. I was told 47k also, 48k with gap and protection.

Car journalist has the car now the past few days. She states the price so dealers obviously know. Should be soon now we all get ours.

🤞🤞🤞🤞

Just spoke with someone who is also waiting on delivery, they were just told by the dealer that they didn't think the price was changing and that cars could be another 2 or 3 weeks. 🤷‍♂️ Strange thing is, kia ireland have tweeted this price on 2 occasions in the last few days, kia actually retweeted that pic and one that Derek O'reilly put up about the price correction

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Dealers are sketchy on purpose. Anyone who does not mention new price will get charge the old one. It is too difficult for them to pass on extra 2-3k profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Absolutely if you agreed at the time to buy a car for 47-48K you can be damn sure the stealers will do their very best to sell you that 48K car and if you don’t want it there’s a Q behind you looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Personally, I am not that pushed, if they charge me the high price, I tell them to find new owner for it and they will never see my face in that place again. Of course a complaint to KIA will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The thing to note is that while discounts per se aren't a thing.

You can still utilise the arguement that alternative cars from other manufacturers are available.

Personally if they try the 48 k nonsense I will just "note" the point that I can have a Polestar for 3 to 4 k more.

Ditto Tesla Model 3.

Fine discounts off list price aren't available but paying 3 k over the recommended price OTR on a Niro is just silly.

Im looking at part exing my Ioniq 28 next year. I like the Niro design and interior more then other cars.

But its not clear to me why I should pay 48 k for a Niro when as I understand it - the Polestar can come in at 52 k on the road with 3 years service plan included.

Id expect the Polestar to hold its value better too because.....

1) probably more universally appealing to look at. (I actually prefer the Kia but the resale is more about what others think)

2) premium brand

3) faster charging - especially useful if you want to take the car to the continent or the UK.

They are already pushing their luck at 45 k to 46 k on the road.

Looking at Done deal regularly though - its clear this isn't unique to Kia dealers though.

Oh dear oh dear......

Someone needs educating on price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 moshaknks

With the new price announced, what should the on the road final final cost be approximately? How much would be reasonable for the dealers to add on for delivery and other charges etc. I was quoted 46800 at the beginning of July

It should be no more than €45k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I would have thought about 45.5k give or take.

€43,350 + €600 (paint) + €1,500 (dealer delivery) = €45,450.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The €43550 retail price includes “premium paint” as standard so the only add on should be dealer related charges. Anything more than €1500 for that is gouging, imo.

No the 43550 is just the car, its 44150 with Paint. Just went through the site and done that. The plus 1500 would be 45650 all in. The dealer will try and sell you protect after that for between 800-1200 euro. But the on the road price should be 45650.

The spec sheet on the site clearly shows it’s included in the price so there is conflicting info.

I'm going by the configurator on the site. It's adds the cost of paint bringing up to 44150

I know, what I’m saying is the site has conflicting info. Download the spec sheet and you’ll see it says premium paint is standard for the EV

It isn’t the first time the Kia website has wrong/changing price info on it for this car either so who knows until someone actually gets a car delivered.

The configurator also has a big health warning under it that it can be wrong.

If you click on the car and scroll down there's another part of the site that still says 45715.

But your right, it's a bit of a joke at the minute.

Be interesting what price the car goes up to carzone and donedeal from next week.

• Advertisement

Just seen a charging video on the Niro EV at an ionity

8 to 80 percent time was 43 mins.

Charge power was 82 kw at 14 percent .

Peak was 83 kw at 27 to 28 percent

Drop to 76 kw at 29 percent

Further drop to 64 kw at around 44 percent.

Another drop to 58 kw at 58 percent.

Drops to 44 percent just before 70 percent.

Charges at 42 kw at 80 percent.

But if you are familiar with the big insane drop in speed Ioniq 5 and EV6 can have at 81 to 82 percent. The Niro does the same at 81 percent to 7 kw.

But at 82 to 91 percent it charges at 25 to 26 kw.

At 92 to 99 percent it charges at 17 kw.

Looks okay to me given that we were led to believe that 72 kw was peak on new model.

Advertisement