Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Was watching YouTube on a tablet but doing boards on my phone.

And the video in French had a stupidly fast time lapse so I just had to pause and rewind and try to take notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

My dealer contacted me today letting me know my car arrived to the dealership. Still unaware of the price, but that can be talked about once the car is ready for collection.

Just thought id let you all know that the dealers are receiving them now, so hopefully a matter of days now before we all get them.

I believe 380 Kia Niro's were allocated to Ireland in the first shipment, i was told by the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Great! Thanks for the update. I still haven't had an update from my dealer.

If you're going with the version with no contrasting C Pillar you should be paying no more than €45k (inc. paint/delivery)

Do you mind me asking what dealership you're with?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

So I got a call today. I had a preference of a blue version, was told that the first one coming available to me would be green if I can compromise on colour.

Here is a screenshot of mine. I'm in the same position as you. Ordered blue but got green.

I think it's a nice colour in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I'd be well p1ssed if I was shelling out that money and not getting the colour I ordered. However, the magic word here is "ordered" - were you able to order a colour or did they say that your orders weren't really orders, but reservations ?

I was asked what colour I wanted before I put down a deposit. I'll be annoyed if I don't get the mineral blue

I believe it was a free for all on VIN numbers when the dealers where being allocated the cars. Unfortunately my dealer only got 4 cars. 3 green and 1 white. Very little they can do as other dealers won't swap if they get the good colour (blue).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

A guy on IEOVA Facebook sorted out the paperwork for his Niro EV.

Hes saying the on the road price has dropped to 44,950

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wingnut1984

Sweet, hopefully will hear from the dealer tomorrow, rang this morning, they still had no confirmation with price or delivery

I have placed an order in June, my dealer had 7 cars coming and I was the last one. They could not tell me what colours they are getting so we just paid a deposit and said we prefer blue and we defo do not want white. I spoke with the dealer again and said he will look if he can get blue for me. He was not aware of the price drop but said they would go ahead with whatever Kia is saying on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

I'm waiting on a Niro EV to arrive as well. I've sent in a question about the price change and waiting to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭itsme1284

Anyone get a price from the dealers yet. I got a price of 45800

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wingnut1984

Haven't heard from them at all today, I'm sick of ringing them at this stage. What dealers was that if you don't mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 13 moshaknks

I was chatting to them yesterday....Apparently, there's something that's holding them up in the port. About 20-30 were released yesterday. Only 2 out of their 14 came to my dealer and one of them wasn't mine!!! They didn't elaborate on what the issue was. They said it still could be a couple of weeks and that they are on to head office every day. They did tell me though that there had been a decrease in price (without me prompting him😊) and mine should work out at approx €45100.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Does that price include the dealer and delivery charges?

I had been quoted 47,715 before Kia dropped the price. That's with a €600 add on for paintwork.

Euro NCAP has completed its safety check with the Kia Niro EV.

This might be hard to watch because they are crashing niros and we in ireland still don't even have ours 🤣

https://youtu.be/hx1rsEBEu0E

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭itsme1284

That’s the all in price. A bit too much I think. It’s nearly a year old already and looking for too much for a delivery charge.

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for dealer to get the car i ordered. They have no idea when it will arrive.

Received the car today at 12pm. Fantastic car and for me it was well worth the wait. I'm delighted.

Price was 45200

I paid extra 1000 for gap and paint protection. All in cost was 46200.

HUD is very clear and Ventilated seats are absolutely amazing.

Well done. Lucky you! Good luck with it. I can't understand why I'm still waiting.

If it makes any difference I specifically ordered the new NiroEV in January. But I doubt that has anything to do with it.

We need to see pictures!

Dont know why the pictures went sideways

Thanks, is this the city-whatever green? It looks much darker on the website.

I'm telling you, I have looked at my car many times yesterday and nearly every time that green is a different colour. It all depends on how much light shines off it. For me at dusk last night it was dark green. I really like it.

One thing I did notice that I feel annoyed about. Its a gimmick but the back has 4 parking sensors and so does the front. But NO side sensors.

From all the videos I watched over the months the Irish version is well specd but missing so many of the quality of life features. It's good the price came down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@GIMickey That looks great. Love the colour. Well wear.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Looks really nice! See the in-car dashboard display with its fancy weather effect, does that adjust according to the time of day. That'd be cool!

Advertisement