Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Can someone please explain why the Niro with the contrasting C pillar is €700 more? Does this C pillar do anything different to the car without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The contrasting c pillar is simply an aesthetic feature.

Sort of like when you get a different colour roof as seen on BMW MINIs and Toyota CHRs amongst others.

So Kia think they can get customers who like the contrasting C pillar to pay more.

The C pillar does have a feature that aids airflow but I believe that's there regardless of having the contrasting C pillar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Yeah, seems crazy to add €700 on for a different colour! Personally, I hate the contrasting C pillar. But each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

I would rather pay money not to have the contrasting C pillar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

It adjusts to the time of day and to the weather at that time.

It's a cool feature and the default look terrible compared to it. Change theme to dynamic.

Last night the car showed night+rain. Today show cloudy, which it is. Been accurate since I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Still waiting on the dealer to get back to me about my order.

😒

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

That's so cool! This week I've been driving a Ford Kuga courtesy car whilst my ('21) e-Niro is being repaired. As an aside the Kia service has been brilliant, had the car two years before this issue. The Kuga has a stylised dashboard and I absolutely hate it, I love that the Niro has that similar style but it's got context, it's relevant, not just pointless swirls and shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Can any new owners kindly confirm that the Kia Ireland website is right with its info ?

Price from €43,550

Does it comes with blind spot monitoring, power tailgate, V2L and a heat pump ?

Its proving impossible to get a straight answer from a dealer 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Decent review of it here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

It's been very quiet here, anybody else got their car or at least got a call from dealer? Mine did not come back to me yet, its been a week already...

• Advertisement

Looking at Speak EV (UK EV forum) I get the impression that the cars are being built in various batches and going on various ships on different dates.

So in the UK its down to luck which of the batches/ships your car ends up.

Plus if your car is unlucky it could be waiting in a Korean port waiting for a ship for a week or 10 days if not longer.

And the time to get to Ireland or UK depends on the ship on its route.

A direct Korea to UK ship could take 28 days.

If the ship has other stops on route then it can take 40 to 60 days apparently.

Unfortunately Kia comms* is so bad and unreliable that the more geekier soon to be owners are taking to tracking ships and what not...

*Hyundai are almost certainly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 moshaknks

Same here....no word...bit annoying at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 moshaknks

The problem here is that they are at Dublin port for the last few weeks and there is an issue getting them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wingnut1984

Spoke with my dealer this morning, he received 3 cars earlier in the week for customers but still waiting on mine and 2 others, I was the first oder in but unfortunately my colour has not arrived yet

There was something about a door seal needing to be changed.

Not sure what the hold up really is at the moment.

But total lack of update from the dealer made the UK example I mentioned seem more plausible.

Is it really possible that Kia have no idea what's in Dublin port and what dealers the Dublin port cars are for.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Irish cars are ordered via Frankfurt, so they have nothing to do with the UK.

But all this nonsense takes me back to March 2020 when our Second Edition MY20 first arrived - watching Eukor and Glovis ships on vesselfinder.

There are clearly lots of clueless or couldn't care less dealers. They'll tell you all sorts - chancing twice daily blah blah. Their priority is not yours.

But I do think there is a disconnect between dealers and Irish HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doonbegman

Got a call from our local dealer to say that there is a Cityscape Green car in stock and available. I am going in on Monday to finalise the deal-so it could still all unravel on the deal offered and the fact my father mightn't like the colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I had to laugh at this,

That's meant to be Nav built in lol but the subtitles said Knob lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yes id expect the ordering to be separate.

Was thinking the shipping part of it would be similar though.

Yes I can confirm all in your message the car has. But you have to include delivery cost so 45200 ish.

• Advertisement

In relation to the car itself, they seem to be trickling out of the dealers. A few more have been sold in recent days. But seems like a nightmare for customers that are waiting ages now.

Yep quite frustrating when I was the first order taken/deposit put down in the dealers and was given the choice of the "supposed" first car due for arrival (interstellar grey) and yet the dealer still hasn't received my car yet 2 others have already arrived and reached other customers that ordered after me plus 1 car for the garage, presume demo model. Seems all over the place as to how they are being delivered to the dealers. Getting annoying as we were told last week in August, it's looking more like last week in September now 🙈🙈🙈

Fair play mate, on that info the old man has arranged an appointment for tomorrow to see one 👍🏻

That is crazy, I'll take it you want the blue. That's what I wanted to but settled for Green and now I love the colour. Fingers crossed you get it soon.

If your old man got it, he surely won't be disappointed. Very comfortable car with lots of features and very smooth to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If they are fixing the door seals at the port like people are saying then it may be just a case of whatever car they get to and it gets finished is released. No particular order in how they are doing it.

Aye, he had being eyeing up an id4, I had one this week as a loaner, €53k for no reversing camera, halogen indicators ect, poor spec’s all round, and still no charge timer on 3.0- he has a niro phev for 3 years, only 30,000km’s on it , think he’s filled it 5 or 6 times, everything else was electric, time to go full ev 👍🏻

No I'm waiting for the original colour I was offered, the interstellar grey, that was supposed to be the first car they had coming, but that's now gone tits up for whatever reason, wasn't given any other options. The other folks are getting the cars they chose I presume, just gonna have to wait and hope it arrives next week 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd probably have the white as my favorite, maybe the blue after that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Was in and out of the dealer this week looking for updates. They won't answer phonecalls or emails. The internal Kia ordering website had my car in Dublin port and slated for dealer delivery last Thursday. That's on top of already being a week delayed. Well Saturday today and still no car.

Waiting on Interstellar Grey too. But I have seen a white Niro EV delivered to the same dealer earlier in the week. So they do seem to be trickling through.

I sold my own car two weeks ago to help purchase this one. Been using a loaner from the Kia dealer until mine arrives. Guess I'll be holding it hostage a while yet.

Advertisement