Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Try this link. It's an issue with Carzone in that they have both e-Niro and Niro as selections. So you have to choose "Niro" and then pick Electric as fuel type

https://www.carzone.ie/search?make=Kia&model=Niro&fuelType=Electric

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Interesting video from Bob Flavin with the new Niro EV

https://youtu.be/qThwSJt0VTM

Post edited by Tweaky on

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Thanks guys. 201 reg with 43k kms on the clock for 38k EUR? Wow! Prices are crazy. The GFMV on our PCP is 15k EUR and it's up in a few months. I think we'll keep it as there's still nothing that puts it to shame properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

have to say that's a worry and like you I get the same range on my e-niro for summer / winter and the range is fairly accurate

So for your comparison and correct me if wrong as only 15 km differnece?

new niro battery is 64.8kWh / 14.9 kWh per 100km = range of 435 kms

e niro / 64kWh / 14.2kWh per 100km = 450km

Has this come up in any other reviews?

If range is less in new model then I am reluctant to switch TBH

• Advertisement

The new model only has 60% of the torque of the old model.

While all reviews try to make you think it's all about not having the wheels slip when accelerating from standstill, it's not a fair assessment in my view.

It's very much about how fast you can overtake cars on the motorway when you're already at speed. It's very quick with 400nm torque, wouldn't pay the same amount of money for a car that can't do that.

Agree, one of the major benefits of the e-niro is having the confidence to overtake knowing it will pull away no fuss

I never have a problem with wheel spin as I know you cannot floor it from stationary but need to get moving first

Is it fair to say the ask is to pay more for a car with less range and less torque?

Some of the new features like HUD and powered tailgate I can do without while range is the mail selling point of and EV for me

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Third Service today @50k km. 96 euro inc vat

Pollen filter not required. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

A loose tyre bouncing on the M7 the other night smashed the front grille on my eNiro. It might have done damage to the radar unit because it's occasionally and briefly disabling the cruise control and forward collision detection. I'm hoping replacing the grille might fix it but if not, has anyone had to get the radar recalibrated or replaced? My spidey-v senses say it'll be astronomical from the dealership...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Interesting. No need for the battery coolant to be replaced ?

And good price - where ?

• Advertisement

KIA dropped the ball in more than one way in my view.

EV6 prices went from 50k Earth / 55k GT Line to 55k Earth / 65k GT Line since the DoneDeal review from the end of May.

5k & 10k price increase since May.

While at the same time Tesla apparently decreased the price of the best selling EV in the world, the Model Y from I believe 66k to 53k.

I always preferred the KIAs, but I just can't justify these inflated prices.

Agree, hard to see how much is inflationary pressure and how much is price gouging

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

the tesla model y works out at 61k if you change the colour and the wheels (black). No value at all, plus when i test drove it, i heard noises, like creeks on occasion, bit strange. Personally think the look is starting to date too. EV6 is miles ahead of it for me but i won't pay that silly money either

Letterkenny KIA (iMotors), they never mentioned the battery coolant and I didn't remind them, book stamped 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The old man went ahead and put his name on a K4 for Jan.

I reckon he'd have gone EV6 if it was still 50k but he wasn't willing to jump to 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Did the Tesla not drop in price due to tax, and now being built in the EU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I may be wrong but I thought this originally, we’d looked at moving on a niro phev for a m3 or y, the y was in the 65k territory- Tesla gave a brutal low ball figure on the niro that killed off any interest, however I think the 65k y option was a long range dual motor car, different to this new lower priced one, standard range & red. The Tesla lads can confirm whether I’m mixed up or not 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That is terrible. I hope you reported it go the Garda.

Could your insurance not cover it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doonbegman

2 EV’s-2 “interesting “ colours. I suppose at least we are always able to find them in a car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Hi new Niro EV ordered for January. Did anyone go with a service at pack? Was looking at getting a 3 or 4 year service plan. €720 for 3 services/ €1040 for a 4 year one.

Or is it just as cheap to service yearly? Much savings to be made?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Seems expensive.

Just had my third service at 50k km, total for all 3 services was €290 over the last 3 years.

I change the pollen filter myself €20 and get a local tyre centre to rotate the wheels, €20 including balancing.

€720 seems a bit steep for a 3 year plan.

I filled the screen wash to the brim before the last service and even got charged €2.50 for another top up !

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Yeah I was thinking it was expensive. I have a 191 Hyundai Ioniq and done 4 services from new costing me just over €300. I think I’ll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Looks like Bob is trying too hard to be the paddy spec version of TeslaBjorn. He looked wrecked after 500km and had to overnight to finish it out. Drove at 100kph on the motorways and used a 50kW charger even though the car is capable of 77kW DC charging. He even had a Kia charge card that can be used at Ionity. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I find Bob terrible. He always seems unprepared, shows a serious pack of knowledge of the electric vehicle he's using and doesn't seem to use an EV the way the vast majority of EV users actually use their cars (charge at a low percentage and only top up enough to get to their destination/next stop when using HPC).

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

Report it so that they would stop traffic to get the tyre off the motorway? Or that they'd find whose vehicle it came off? Never occurred to me in any case, I assume it'd come to rest off the road somewhere long before they got there. I haven't any faith that the gardai would come to help for anything unless it was a serious crime tbh. Every story I read or hear about is that they don't want to help or can't help, at most making a note in Pulse system that comes to nothing.

Got my quote from Kia Liffey Valley, about €750 to replace the front grille and recalibrate the radar. €220 for two hours labour to recalibrate the radar, so €530 to replace the grille 😂

Unfortunately it’s a civil matter which the Gardai will be delighted to tell you and it’s a case of suck it up. It could have been worse if you a front headlight damaged as well.

Definitely a bit ignorant on the EV side of things, Derek O Reilly is much better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bob is a complete idiot.

Does absolutely stupid things to clickbait into the video. And when’s he’s called out on it, he blocks you and tries to ridicule you.

And absolute thick ignorant lump of a yolk is what he is.

• Advertisement

How is the PCP experience nowadays when upgrading to a new car (after 3 years)?

Say we wanted an EV6 instead of the e-Niro and it wasn't on stock.

Will they still let you trade in and then you can wait?

...but what car will you drive in the meantime? Finance will be over and you didn't buy the car either, so you can't drive the e-Niro anymore I guess.

..and you don't have an EV6 yet.

Is there some sort of workable mechanism for this arranged by the dealer or you can only upgrade to a car that's in stock otherwise you'll have to buy the existing one 1st?

Advertisement