Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Heated rear seats arrived in March 2020, along with the 11kW onboard charger and the 10.5" infotainment screen

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭vinniem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭zg3409

I'm looking at a 202 Niro for sale and this is history. Say if I take 5.5 kWh/100km what range does that give me with a 64kWh battery size?

My sums don't seem to make sense or the trip was driven very slowly.

The actual range shown on car at dealership with 50% battery was about 140km so car thinks it can do 280km at 100%. I am more interested in worst case high speed winter range as I regularly do 250km trips then back a couple of days later and I would rather not stop mid trip with sleeping kids in the car. Thanks

I am a conservative driver, and 100% is currently giving 400km on our 201 D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

That looks very odd to me. I've a 212 and even in optimum driving conditions in the summer and driving conservatively and steadily (think smooth cruising on a 60-80km/h speed limit road), a good consumption is still well over 10kWh/100km. Were those consumption figures to be believed you'd get 1100km per charge, which as you say doesn't line up to the predicted range by any means. 280km on a charge for me would probably be about right with heating and/or AC on to a decent degree, and closer to 400km these days with no climate control. In summer with no climate control I'd have been getting well over 400km to a charge.

For a 64kWh battery an average of 16kWh/100km would work out at 400km on a charge, but the GOM looks at consumption averaged over a decent period, and perhaps environmental conditions (temperature, etc.) too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I'd have no issue in doing a 250km trip in winter, have a 201, and have done regular round trips to Belfast and back (to the north west) (350km)

The lowest I had one day was home at 9%, as it was driving rain and cold. (Also done some driving about Belfast)

Really booting in on coming home on the m2/22 &a6 it was averaging 18ish kwh/100km

Them numbers are plain wrong.. let me check I think that is in km/kwh, as that would make more sense

Looked it up

5.5 km/kWh = 18.181818 kWh/100km

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭zg3409

So 5.5 x 64kWh battery gives 352km range which sounds reasonable. So what's shown may be the number of kilometers per kwh of battery, so multiply the number by battery size to get real world range for that trip.

Yeah thats about right for winter driving.

Summer we're pushing 14-15 kwh/100km

We have 76k km up on ours so far

After a drive down from Dublin, albeit under 100kmph the whole way #arrivealive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

For anyone who picked up a 2023 K3 Niro EV, did it come with a granny charger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Does anyone know the current lead times on a new Niro EV?

Seems very hit and miss from garage to garage. One could tell you none this year, and another could sell you one for next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niall_O_C

Can

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niall_O_C

Can I ask what you mean by ALLOW IT TO COMPLETE? Is that a certain length of time? Experienced this for first time last night

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

You usually get a notification after 15 or so minutes saying the cycle has completed. I find if i don't get that notification I may be in trouble. In which case I will use the app to manually stop the cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

What kind of service interval have people been doing? I have a 202 eNiro, so far just serviced once (towards end of 2021, not at the dealer). Have it scheduled for visit to dealer over Easter for software update, presume I should probably get it serviced? About 40k kms on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just do whatever is specified in the manual. Anything a dealer tells you has to be taken with a grain of salt as they just want easy service money.. the only thing that matters is keeping your warranty and all you have to do for that is service it according to the manual.

An EV service is generally a visual inspection and change cabin filter. No oils need changing except brake fluid every few years.

The e-Niro is once every 10k or 15k km's or once a year, whichever comes first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Has anyone had a 3 year service yet and got hit with the additional charge to change the blue low-conductive coolant?

was told last year to expect around €400 just to change the coolant on top of the annual service

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭vinniem

I got mine serviced in Jan and the coolant was changed FOC due to sediment in coolant recall. Might just have been a recall on my model MY21.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kenetic

Does anyone know if Apple Car Key is available for 2023 Niro EV, Apple Support site indicates this feature is available but not really sure if this is currently only applicable to the US Market

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

What's the current waiting list time for a new Niro EV 4? Asking for a friend. 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nami268

I ordered on in October last year. Was told January delivery, then Feb, now April.... Ordered in Cork

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Looked at these these last week and after calling a number of dealers, seems there might be stock in April then again there might not.

Discounted it as an option now as we can't wait on the hope given the uncertainty about grants the second half of this year.

Would you mind sharing the alternative that you are considering and if there is assured delivery before July?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thank-you 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Thanks, picked mine up at the dealer, said they misplaced it when prepping the car and doing the PDI.

Advertisement