Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

daheff wrote: »
    in fairness, if the 42k was the after grants price in France, you'd be looking at nearly 50k list price there!

You'd need some damn deep pockets to be able splash that amount for it...!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

so just back from a visit to local dealer this morning.

Phev not available till mid nov. cost gone up because of the budget (really?? Don't remember anything in it to cause an increase). OTR price 41k before rebates.... so 34k to me.

EV most likely only available as 192. No price yet.

more information available in a couple of days after the kia conference this wkend.

At 34k a part of me would just go for the full ev kona at 35k. I'd save that difference in a years petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Phev not available till mid nov. cost gone up because of the budget (really?? Don't remember anything in it to cause an increase). OTR price 41k before rebates.... so 34k to me.

more information available in a couple of days after the kia conference this wkend.

At 34k a part of me would just go for the full ev kona at 35k. I'd save that difference in a years petrol.

In other words they have figured out the PHEV was maybe priced low so the dealers are putting on 2k margin.....doesn't bode well for the price of the BEV

The budget had no affects on PHEV, so that is bulls**t, I would ring the dealer back and ask can they point to which element of the budget affects PHEV, well apart from the bit about them continuing the grant

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Nothing annoys more than someone bulls*****ing. Same as the cafe owner raising his lunch price by €2 and blaming VAT in the budget. Feck off. Don't be treating you're customers as idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Water John wrote: »
    Same as the cafe owner raising his lunch price by €2 and blaming VAT in the budget. Feck off.

If the lunch was €55 before the budget, then the cafe owner needs to do just that, raise the price by €2, otherwise he would lose out. And yes, the blame is 100% with the Budget. It reversed the VAT rate for the hospitality industry from its temporary low rate 9% back to 13.5% ;)

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    If the lunch was €55 before the budget, then the cafe owner needs to do just that, raise the price by €2, otherwise he would lose out. And yes, the blame is 100% with the Budget. It reversed the VAT rate for the hospitality industry from its temporary low rate 9% back to 13.5% ;)

but only from jan. and he wasnt charging 55eur for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Two points, the lunch went from 9.99 to 11.99, its lunch. Secondly don't think VAT changes until the 1st Jan 2019.
    So both the car dealer and the restaurant owner were bull*****ing. Such gob****es need to be called out, not tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Water John wrote: »
    Two points, the lunch went from 9.99 to 11.99, its lunch.

The best value meal I've every had was a lunch for two for €50, excluding drinks :D

But yeah, I get your point - he was taking the p1ss!

Still trying to get my head around this price from the dealer & the 35,995 quoted on kia website??(before seai grant)

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/niro-phev/discover/
    I understand i need to add around 800 for delivery.....and maybe (thought i saw it was already priced in somewhere though) 750 for metallic paint....that totals 37,545 ...so 32,545 after grant.

Now another 1500 added. Are they trying to push the market price to the max?

Still trying to get my head around this price from the dealer & the 35,995 quoted on kia website??(before seai grant)

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/niro-phev/discover/
    I understand i need to add around 800 for delivery.....and maybe (thought i saw it was already priced in somewhere though) 750 for metallic paint....that totals 37,545 ...so 32,545 after grant.

Now another 1500 added. Are they trying to push the market price to the max?

The dealer is trying to screw you, ask them to show exactly where in budget it raised the price by 2k

Even the vrt up lift on diesel is 400 quid on a 30k car....

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The dealer is trying to screw you, ask them to show exactly where in budget it raised the price by 2k

Even the vrt up lift on diesel is 400 quid on a 30k car....

you know what, ill take my business to another dealer. why should i give him feedback that will benefit him if hes taking the piss?

you know what, ill take my business to another dealer. why should i give him feedback that will benefit him if hes taking the piss?

After you posted I sent email to the kia dealer I talked to before, will see what he comes back with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

I think dealers are realising how many people are looking at or looking for EVs, they saw what happened in Norway with the Kona and going to ride people accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

You can imagine most dealers not having a clue BEVs existed a few months ago, now at their conference they are probably telling all the dealers to sit up and pay attention to these cars because they are going to be sold out as they come in for the next year or two so they can basically do what they want to make a few extra bob.

denismc wrote: »
    I think dealers are realising how many people are looking at or looking for EVs, they saw what happened in Norway with the Kona and going to ride people accordingly.

I would take strong odds if you done a questionaire of every main dealer in Ireland you would have less than 10% of them would have any idea about Norway and the increase in electric cars.....

[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }[/COLOR]

unkel wrote: »
    I only saw the first few minutes but the one bit I liked is that this lady had the e-Niro near the french vulcano of Chaîne des Puys. Which she says is 485km from Paris and she was going to get into the car and drive to the show this morning. I checked and it is indeed that distance away to the show. 485km is the official WLTP range of the car. It would be pretty decent if she could make it to Paris (mostly motorway driving) in reasonable time, without charging. It's cloudy and rainy with temps between 10-15C this morning over there.

anybody know did she make it?

anybody know did she make it?

I looked for the follow up at the time but could never find anything. Thought it was a little strange and disappointing they didn't finish it out with some sort of end to that video.

Here's the original video that was shown..(Presume all have seen it but included just in case anyone hasn't)

Again, this is not formal Ireland information & may have no bearing on what the Ireland pricing &/or Trim Levels will be but in the absence of any new Ireland specific Information, just sharing this apparently French sourced info here for anyone interested...

I believe these are pre-grant prices for France (French get maybe €6000 off these prices below if I understand correctly, once their grant is applied).

Note - I am not saying these prices are correct/accurate & they may have no relation to Ireland pricing - just what I came across digging around the web...

e-Niro info, more detailed specs for each trim level & pricing (second time we've seen these 'French Prices' so that part isn't new, but I think the specs might have more info that previous ones we may have seen.. from French Site......

Prices for the Various Trim Levels

Original Link: https://www.largus.fr/prix-du-neuf/kia/e-niro.html

Translated Link: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.largus.fr%2Fprix-du-neuf%2Fkia%2Fe-niro.html

e-Niro e-Active Specifications (Bottom Trim Level)

Original Link: https://www.largus.fr/fiche-technique/Kia/E-Niro/I/2018/Break+5+Portes/E-Active+204ch-2004929.html

Translated Link: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.largus.fr%2Ffiche-technique%2FKia%2FE-Niro%2FI%2F2018%2FBreak%2B5%2BPortes%2FE-Active%2B204ch-2004929.html&sandbox=1

e-Niro e-Design Specifications (Middle Trim Level)

Orignal Link: https://www.largus.fr/fiche-technique/Kia/E-Niro/I/2018/Break+5+Portes/E-Design+204ch-2004930.html

Translated Link: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.largus.fr%2Ffiche-technique%2FKia%2FE-Niro%2FI%2F2018%2FBreak%2B5%2BPortes%2FE-Design%2B204ch-2004930.html

e-Niro Premium Specifications (Top Trim Level)

Original Link: https://www.largus.fr/fiche-technique/Kia/E-Niro/I/2018/Break+5+Portes/E-Premium+204ch-2004931.html

Translated Link: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.largus.fr%2Ffiche-technique%2FKia%2FE-Niro%2FI%2F2018%2FBreak%2B5%2BPortes%2FE-Premium%2B204ch-2004931.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

If we get that choice of spec here, I'll be more than happy.

Adaptive cruise, Lane Keep, Leather, auto dip mirror and more standard across the range.

LED headlights, front parking sensors and more added to mid range, optional sunroof.

Anyone know what an overstepped rear window is/does. :confused:

Adaptive cruise, Lane Keep, Leather, auto dip mirror and more standard across the range.

LED headlights, front parking sensors and more added to mid range, optional sunroof.

Maybe its a rear window spoiler (small spoiler near top to window) ? - Just guessing though..

• Advertisement

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Maybe its a rear window spoiler (small spoiler near top to window) ? - Just guessing though..

Nah, rear spoiler is listed separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Perhaps Tint or Blind?

eagerv wrote: »
    Perhaps Tint or Blind?

Yeah - something like that I'd say. The spec already says tinted rear windows but this seems to mean over glazed rear window ? (just from googling again & looking at images etc..). Seems to be repetition but it could be some subtle difference - its a decent spec that top trim level! (IMHO)

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Yeah - something like that I'd say. The spec already says tinted rear windows but this seems to mean over glazed rear window ? (just from googling again & looking at images etc..). Seems to be repetition but it could be some subtle difference - its a decent spec that top trim level! (IMHO)

Even the mid spec is good. Most of the extra stuff in the top spec, I could do without. I hope they don't do a Hyundai on us and strip all the good stuff out. :(

Even the mid spec is good. Most of the extra stuff in the top spec, I could do without. I hope they don't do a Hyundai on us and strip all the good stuff out. :(

You and me both! (Probably along with many others :-))

We've a fair bit of info to go on now so we'll know quickly whether we're being shortchanged here or not...(ever the optimist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Fitz2011

Hi I’ve was talking to a Kia Dealer yesterday about the Niro Ev. He was saying he won’t have any info regarding spec and price until January. Start of February he thinks I can order with delivery for the 192 plate. When I asked about it being 40k or close to that price. He thinks it will be around 38k for after grant. He wasn’t sure on what spec levels of car is coming to Ireland . Has anyone on here had any different info? With regards to spec price and when it can be ordered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fitz2011 wrote: »
    he won’t have any info regarding spec and price until January.

He thinks it will be around 38k for after grant.

So he admits he has no info on price and then gives a guess-timate. So he's just spoofing.

The paddy spec Kona is €38k. No chance the e-Niro is less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'll bet my little doggy that it'll be one spec only.
    Kia have history of this. The original SW C'eed was one spec.

also-went onto their website (kia.ie) yesterday (again) looking at prices. Seems like they have increase prices for a number of cars (that i'm considering).

Niro PHEV is now listed at 35,995 (was around the 31,5k mark before IIRC), Niro hybrid is up to 29,094- seems like a very random price. Don't remember it being that before. Sportage is also now starting at 29,815 (VRT increase on diesels i guess) -was at circa 27k.

So 6k difference between a diesel and a plug in hybrid. Struggle to find a reason to spend the extra on the PHEV tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

also-went onto their website (kia.ie) yesterday (again) looking at prices. Seems like they have increase prices for a number of cars (that i'm considering).

Niro PHEV is now listed at 35,995 (was around the 31,5k mark before IIRC), Niro hybrid is up to 29,094- seems like a very random price. Don't remember it being that before. Sportage is also now starting at 29,815 (VRT increase on diesels i guess) -was at circa 27k.

So 6k difference between a diesel and a plug in hybrid. Struggle to find a reason to spend the extra on the PHEV tbh.

The €36k for PHEV is before the SEAI grant and after the VRT relief. So in the end it will be €32k with delivery charges.

Advertisement