Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Any news on what this delay is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

daheff wrote: »
    also-went onto their website (kia.ie) yesterday (again) looking at prices. Seems like they have increase prices for a number of cars (that i'm considering).

Niro PHEV is now listed at 35,995 (was around the 31,5k mark before IIRC), Niro hybrid is up to 29,094- seems like a very random price. Don't remember it being that before. Sportage is also now starting at 29,815 (VRT increase on diesels i guess) -was at circa 27k.

So 6k difference between a diesel and a plug in hybrid. Struggle to find a reason to spend the extra on the PHEV tbh.

So, PHEV Niro is on Kia.ie site today at 38,995!!!!
    Wonder whats going on that they keep changing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

So, PHEV Niro is on Kia.ie site today at 38,995!!!!
    Wonder whats going on that they keep changing it?

If you track into the website you will actually find so many different prices. I found the actual kia 191 price list published on the website and it includes the phev after incentives of 31,495 and I would take it as the official price as it's from the documented price list for 191.

kevin16w wrote: »
    If you track into the website you will actually find so many different prices. I found the actual kia 191 price list published on the website and it includes the phev after incentives of 31,495 and I would take it as the official price as it's from the documented price list for 191.

Have you got a link for the 191 price list?

Have you got a link for the 191 price list?

https://www.kia.com/ie/brochure.77e8fb91-c9db-47fe-a3dc-9d9d77bf7887/#/

I went from here and downloaded price list and not brochure. There is no E Niro so I'm guessing will come later or will be part of 192 price list.

• Advertisement

kevin16w wrote: »

One thing i note is you went to kia.com rather than .ie

Wonder if kia ireland will play ball with those prices??

Just realised....kia ireland are showing niro price as the before grants & vrt reduction, whereas kia.com is after.

Definitely Irish prices as stated that after seai grant. Can only be Ireland. Also only one spec. I'd reckon e Niro will follow with only one spec similar to phev spec

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

I put a question up on the Kia Motors Ireland Facebook page asking about the e-Niro and got a reply:

Icom: Can you please post detailed specs for the Irish version of the e-Niro and a rough estimate of the price. Very interested and would like to place an order for one if the specs and price meet my expectations. Thanks.

Kia Motors Ireland
    Kia Motors Ireland Hi Icom, these will be 192 cars, but we will have more detailed information in December / January.

It's also possible that the first deliveries will be 39kWh and not 64kWh versions.
    The 64kWh will come later. (overheard at the KIA open weekend today)

Kia Niro EV set a record last month in South Korea
    https://pushevs.com/2018/10/15/kia-niro-ev-set-a-record-last-month-in-south-korea/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just realised....kia ireland are showing niro price as the before grants & vrt reduction, whereas kia.com is after.

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/niro-phev/specifications/

Still listed on spec as 35,994.72 €

Take a screen shot of that :p

• Advertisement

icom wrote: »
    I put a question up on the Kia Motors Ireland Facebook page asking about the e-Niro and got a reply:

Icom: Can you please post detailed specs for the Irish version of the e-Niro and a rough estimate of the price. Very interested and would like to place an order for one if the specs and price meet my expectations. Thanks.

Kia Motors Ireland
    Kia Motors Ireland Hi Icom, these will be 192 cars, but we will have more detailed information in December / January.

It's also possible that the first deliveries will be 39kWh and not 64kWh versions.
    The 64kWh will come later. (overheard at the KIA open weekend today)

Kia Niro EV set a record last month in South Korea
    https://pushevs.com/2018/10/15/kia-niro-ev-set-a-record-last-month-in-south-korea/

That's terrible. I'll be ordering one from the UK if that's the case, or if it's not the exact same spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

icom wrote:
    Hi Icom, these will be 192 cars, but we will have more detailed information in December / January.

It's also possible that the first deliveries will be 39kWh and not 64kWh versions. The 64kWh will come later. (overheard at the KIA open weekend today)

Ah Jasus, back in August the dealers were saying Niro EV pricing / availability would be announced early October at the Paris motor show.

I had visions of collecting my Christmas tree in the back of my 182 eNiro!

Now it's likely 192, and possibly not the 64kWh battery, very disappointing.

At this stage I'll hold out for a Model 3 and get proper spec, an EV designed from the ground up with frunk and app etc as well as supercharger network. Sorry Kia but you snooze you lose!

Ad up on kia ireland now for new Niro EV, available in Ireland for 192

So it’s second half of next year

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

kuro68k wrote: »
    FFS

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Might as well wait another 6 months or so on top of that for Model 3! :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

unkel wrote: »
    Might as well wait another 6 months or so on top of that for Model 3! :eek:

Real threat there is the Model Y will have been announced. Finally a space for Unkels dog!

464312.jpg

She's a bit bigger now :p

liamog wrote: »
    Real threat there is the Model Y will have been announced. Finally a space for Unkels dog!

Another car from Tesla which will talked about for 3-4years with no sign of anyone ever getting a chance to buy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Another car from Tesla which will talked about for 3-4years with no sign of anyone ever getting a chance to buy:D

Just like VW! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Buzz off. I don't neo anywhere you got that IDea from.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Buzz off. I don't neo anywhere you got that IDea from.

You need to be quicker guys.....

I got a whole 1 min before someone got in with a response to defend Tesla's honour :P

So what's the deal with importing from the UK? I'd be looking for some PCP too.

I'm new to Ireland so some advice would be appreciated.

So what's the deal with importing from the UK? I'd be looking for some PCP too.

I'm new to Ireland so some advice would be appreciated.

You can't import and do PCP.....bank loan or HP off a garage is options really. Bank loan does cover all credit unions, quick banks, etc etc etc

If going PCP you will need to buy from Kia. So 192 by the look of it. As suggested at that stage other cars could be out sooner and better option. Really the Tesla Y will be a unattainable target at that stage but the Model 3 might rear its BMW head over the mountains :p the VW Neo should be in VW dealers with option to order and deliver in early 2020. Pricing depends on a lot, Niro looks to be close to 40k and the base VW is supposed to be 25k but that will probably have a 49kWh battery. A 60kWh battery is probably in the 30k range. Still it looks like it will be a hell of a lot cheaper.....

Tesla Model 3, nobody knows :P it is still in the unattainable target stage :o

I don't think the M3 will be available (without pre-order) before late 2020.

Screw it, I'm moving back to the UK. No offence but between the dire charging situation and Paddy spec nonsense long after everyone else already has the car this is ridiculous.

I don't think the M3 will be available (without pre-order) before late 2020.

Screw it, I'm moving back to the UK. No offence but between the dire charging situation and Paddy spec nonsense long after everyone else already has the car this is ridiculous.

The M3 will be 2021 without preorder....will be same in UK....

Personally I had hoped they wouldn't but had a feeling that Hyundai and Kia would let us down. They did on Ioniq and Soul

That is why I am holding out for VW.....order 2019 and delivery 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Heard initial quantity of the Kia e-Niro to arrive (for 192 deliveries in Ireland) will be less than 38 apparently, for the whole of Ireland.

Not even 1 for each Kia Dealer in the Country. (Not sure how many dealers in the country but was told some cars could be held back for motor reviews / motor industry demos etc.. - so not the full allocation of 38 going to dealers for sale etc.. - if indeed that is the correct figure coming in)

Info from talking directly with Kia dealers last weekend (Kia Open Weekend) & before Kia Ireland had officially posted about 192 deliveries etc..(So possibly credible ? - but long time between now & then so who knows for sure).

The dealers, even after their conference, certainly seemed to be lacking specific pricing & delivery dates when I talked with them. Ridiculously poor overall (not blaming the dealers) but Kia & their drip feeding & chopping & changing of info - smacks of a lot of disorganization &/or hedging bets!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Heard initial quantity of the Kia e-Niro to arrive (for 192 deliveries in Ireland) will be less than 38 apparently, for the whole of Ireland.

Not even 1 for each Kia Dealer in the Country. (Not sure how many dealers in the country but was told some cars could be held back for motor reviews / motor industry demos etc.. - so not the full allocation of 38 going to dealers for sale etc.. - if indeed that is the correct figure coming in)

Info from talking directly with Kia dealers last weekend (Kia Open Weekend) & before Kia Ireland had officially posted about 192 deliveries etc..(So possibly credible ? - but long time between now & then so who knows for sure).

The dealers, even after their conference, certainly seemed to be lacking specific pricing & delivery dates when I talked with them. Ridiculously poor overall (not blaming the dealers) but Kia & their drip feeding & chopping & changing of info - smacks of a lot of disorganization &/or hedging bets!

38 units?? they ant be serious about this! and then what, we wait another shippment with 2020 plates?

Very frustrating, isn't it? Hard to see how all new cars are supposed to be EVs not that many years away.

• Advertisement

bonoman66 wrote: »

You have to remember from a dealers point of view go back 3-4 months ago and none of them wanted the e-Niro in Ireland at all. So when they got asked if they would sell it you probably got very little uptake

When I talked to dealer all they wanted to talk about was the PHEV, said Kia Ireland would never bring in the e-Niro because they never brought in the Soul. Also gave line about Ireland not fit yet for electric cars blah blah blah

Go back over this thread and every Kia dealer in Ireland had the same old story. Most didn't even know Kia would release a e-Niro.

So I would say 38 for 192 is probably right. If they sell them out then they will get some more in 2020.....its not Kia fault here, more the dealers are not pushing for them to bring them in

Advertisement