Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

bonoman66 wrote: »
    42 Weeks lead time in UK for new orders for any new Kona EV shown on Hyundai UK Online Ordering Site when I checked..(this morning..)

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on it and it fluctuates a lot. Seems to be about managing expectations - when you order the actual availability tends to be sooner. At least that's what people who did order are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

kuro68k wrote: »
    In the UK I bought a few TVs from places like John Lewis and Richer Sounds
    Funny story...

A few years back I bought a new TV from John Lewis. Arranged delivery to my father in law's house in Derry, and asked my brother in law (who had a van) to help bring it from there, back to my house. It's a 60" telly so no way it was fitting in my car.

Anyway I had a call from the delivery guy that he was on the way, but I was running late. I arrived at the house to find the delivery driver loading the TV directly from his van into my brother in law's van.

No ID was asked for, no call to me to confirm, he just took my BIL's word for it that this was what was supposed to happen. My brother in law hadn't even been in the house when the delivery guy came. He arrived just afterwards and persuaded him to hand over the TV.

Just as well the neighbours weren't home, they would have pinched the fillings from your teeth so they'd have been well pleased with a free TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

look lads, it has come to Ireland!
    here no pricing, but specs available for kona, somebody might find it interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9R40GVcFso

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    look lads, it has come to Ireland!
    here no pricing, but specs available for kona, somebody might find it interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9R40GVcFso
    Should this not be in the Hyundai Kona thread? :confused:

Should this not be in the Hyundai Kona thread? :confused:

I was all excited for a moment.

• Advertisement

E-Niro price for Norway is out, and the news is bad.

The price itself is irrelevant for the Irish market but the point is that its 12% more than the Norwegian Kona!

In Korea the Niro is 5% more than Kona.

If the same pricing applies here, we would be expecting a stripped down paddy spec e-Niro for around €43k after grants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

DrPhilG wrote: »

The price itself is irrelevant for the Irish market but the point is that its 12% more than the Norwegian Kona!

If the same pricing applies here, we would be expecting a stripped down paddy spec e-Niro for around €43k after grants!

As I had expected.....I do think the spec will be better than the Kona but nothing major....

On better news I have put a plan together :p

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Thanks for that update.

Unfortunately, I won't be at all any way surprised if that follows for Ireland pricing.

Why..

Kia Ireland (Sister company of Hyundai or other way around not sure ?) watching the way the Kona EV was received in Ireland for Hyundai Ireland (if you believe all the hype but does seem in high demand).

Kona EV in UK delayed in some cases until August 2019 due to demand..

https://insideevs.com/hyundai-kona-electric-delayed-uk/

They'll know they can give a stripped down 'Paddy Spec', without really having to compete and they will be fairly sure they won't have any issues shifting them, even at the dearer pricing.

I think its only going to get worse in terms of pricing getting higher (not lower) in the short term until there is more EV competition & availability of new in demand models in our market place.

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Thanks for that update.

Unfortunately, I won't be at all any way surprised if that follows for Ireland pricing.

Why..

Kia Ireland (Sister company of Hyundai or other way around not sure ?) watching the way the Kona EV was received in Ireland for Hyundai Ireland (if you believe all the hype but does seem in high demand).

Kona EV in UK delayed in some cases until August 2019 due to demand..

https://insideevs.com/hyundai-kona-electric-delayed-uk/

They'll know they can give a stripped down 'Paddy Spec', without really having to compete and they will be fairly sure they won't have any issues shifting them, even at the dearer pricing.

I think its only going to get worse in terms of pricing getting higher (not lower) in the short term until there is more EV competition & availability of new in demand models in our market place.

Well, if you're right I'll be holding on to my 181 Ioniq (and my money) until something more acceptable comes along. I'm very happy with the Ioniq, so it's no big sacrifice. :cool:

THis is some information on delivery which was sent.

Limited stock and limited delivery. Doesn't bode well for the Irish market so....with Kia Ireland having little to no interest in the car and Norway probably begging for it and they get a total of 2000 and that is not even confirmed, Ireland might be lucky to get 100

Delivery:
    The first e-Niro is now on a boat from Korea and arrives in Norway in mid December. The cars on the first consignment run like demonstration cars to our dealers. Next transmission with approx. 100 cars arrive early in January, and will be ready for extradition to the first customers during January.

Regarding the number of deliveries for 2019, it is hard to say anything safe. An estimate now is that we will be awarded approx. 2000 e-Niro, but there may be fewer and there may be more. Production will be somewhat limited initially, but will increase beyond the year. Norway is a priority country on e-Niro in addition to 3 other countries in Europe, and we are working hard to get more cars through all channels. As soon as we know something new, we will keep you updated on the delivery situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Well, if you're right I'll be holding on to my 181 Ioniq (and my money) until something more acceptable comes along. I'm very happy with the Ioniq, so it's no big sacrifice. :cool:

I'd rather not be right - maybe I'll be wrong - maybe I'm just getting too cynical in my old age!!

As Shefwedfan previously mentioned, its probably not current EV owners who are the main target for Kia / Hyundai with the e-Niro / Kona EV , as some aspects of the specs of the Kona certainly are less than current EVs etc.., and apart from range, may not may sense to 'upgrade to it' by a current EV owner with a decent spec (or maybe even an ICE owner with a recent ICE with a good spec).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Shefwedfan wrote:
    On better news I have put a plan together

Owh, do tell!?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Bjorn goes into more detail about the price of the eNiro in Norway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=532YWxmacxs

I could stand the price if I could actually get one, and it wasn't low spec and lacking the app...

Rumour has it that they may bring out the app later, but early cars won't have the telematics necessary to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Baller23

Wrt the Kona EV paddy spec is correct, not worth the 37.5 K price tag, it's very basic not even electrically folding mirrors, extremely disappointed at this blatant cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

Baller23 wrote: »
    Wrt the Kona EV paddy spec is correct, not worth the 37.5 K price tag, it's very basic not even electrically folding mirrors, extremely disappointed at this blatant cop out.

I was sure it did have the electrical folding mirrors. Im open to correction

I was sure it did have the electrical folding mirrors. Im open to correction

I went to dealer as soon as they called me, no radar smart cruise control no rear cross traffic alert no lkas no shark fin aerial no sun roof no heated steering wheel or ventilated seats and if you wanted to keep side view mirrors in on locking the you pushed them in yourself. Like I said to dealer not worth the extra 200 quid a month over what I'm paying for my Tucson and going back up to 5 years payments again.

Why are we having a moan about the crappy Kona spec, in the Niro thread?

Why are we having a moan about the crappy Kona spec, in the Niro thread?

Just giving a heads up to the likely spec we should expect here, still nothing official on Kia Ireland site, I'd hate to see you disappointed like I was with Kona

Because Kia is Hyundai's sister company it seems quite likely that Ireland will get an over-priced Paddy-spec eNiro too.

• Advertisement

Because Kia is Hyundai's sister company it seems quite likely that Ireland will get an over-priced Paddy-spec eNiro too.

If they do that, off they can fuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

Quick google say the Hyundai Ireland distributors is a Irish company while Kia Ireland is operated as a subsidiary of the UK distributors which is owned by Kia.
    So hopefully get the same spec cars as the UK not like the money grab Hyundai Ireland have done just as they know they can get away with it for another year.

Their scrapage offers and pcp rates is not as good as other manufacturers so with cost of credit the Kona works out much dearer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

So was talking with another kia dealer today. Niro Phev is also in limited supply. Most dealers will get a couple each.

Also confirmed(!) that 10 BEVs will be in Ireland for testing/media purposes early 2019.

Ryath wrote: »
    Quick google say the Hyundai Ireland distributors is a Irish company while Kia Ireland is operated as a subsidiary of the UK distributors which is owned by Kia.
    So hopefully get the same spec cars as the UK not like the money grab Hyundai Ireland have done just as they know they can get away with it for another year.

Their scrapage offers and pcp rates is not as good as other manufacturers so with cost of credit the Kona works out much dearer too.

Kia Uk had the Bev soul....kia ireland didn’t

A PHEV car is also in uk and never in Ireland

It doesn’t matter what uk do, kia ireland is on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Kia Uk had the Bev soul....kia ireland didn’t

A PHEV car is also in uk and never in Ireland

It doesn’t matter what uk do, kia ireland is on its own

Kia Ireland sell the Niro PHEV.

The Soul wasnt sold in Ireland, presumably because they didnt want to tool up for it but the PHEV is definitely sold in Ireland.

KCross wrote: »
    Kia Ireland sell the Niro PHEV.

The Soul wasnt sold in Ireland, presumably because they didnt want to tool up for it but the PHEV is definitely sold in Ireland.

I could not remember the name. I know the Niro PHEV is

The Optima PHEV isn't

That was my point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I could not remember the name. I know the Niro PHEV is

The Optima PHEV isn't

That was my point

I hadnt noticed that the Optima PHEV wasnt sold here. Strange they would sell Niro PHEV and not Optima PHEV.

Kia Ireland obviously get to make their own decisions on what they want to sell and what spec... the same as Hyundai Ireland do..... every market is different and they do what is best for them, not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Optima hybrid (and possibly the PHEV too, I couldn't tell) is becoming very popular in the US. Dare I say it, Hyundai / Kia are taking over from Toyota over there? :eek:

The Toyota Camry was the best selling sedan (note: not the best selling vehicle, that was a pick up truck) in the US for years. Not so sure if it still is, probably Tesla Model 3 soon enough, LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

daheff wrote: »
    So was talking with another kia dealer today. Niro Phev is also in limited supply. Most dealers will get a couple each.

Also confirmed(!) that 10 BEVs will be in Ireland for testing/media purposes early 2019.

Only 10! So that means each dealer will have 1 for a week or two, then off to the next dealer and so on.
    I did call my local Kia dealer today and he said that in spring they will have demos for the 192 sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Only 10! So that means each dealer will have 1 for a week or two, then off to the next dealer and so on.
    I did call my local Kia dealer today and he said that in spring they will have demos for the 192 sales

was talking to another dealer today. Talked about 100 BEV cars for 192 and around 50-60 PHEV for 191. Showed me a mail from Aug!! saying they were getting 4 -and they are keeping one for a demo :(

No real choice of colors...grey or grey or ....grey!

I think at this stage I'm out. Now...do i go for a Leaf, a Qashqai or a Sportage??

Advertisement