Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

daheff wrote: »
    was talking to another dealer today. Talked about 100 BEV cars for 192 and around 50-60 PHEV for 191. Showed me a mail from Aug!! saying they were getting 4 -and they are keeping one for a demo :(

No real choice of colors...grey or grey or ....grey!

I think at this stage I'm out. Now...do i go for a Leaf, a Qashqai or a Sportage??

I had a spin in a 181 Xtrail today. Very nice and it averaged 6.4km/100 which is very good for such a big vehicle.....

It's a pity they dont have a hybrid version but could be option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I had a spin in a 181 Xtrail today. Very nice and it averaged 6.4km/100 which is very good for such a big vehicle.....

It's a pity they dont have a hybrid version but could be option

oo..that reminds me. dealer dropped it into the conversation about a hybrid sportage in 21....and possibly more to the range. Said he heard Kia wanted to have 5 hybrid/electric cars by then.

X-trail might be a bit outside my budget! &I think I'd go for a hybrid Rav4 first!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

was talking to another dealer today. Talked about 100 BEV cars for 192 and around 50-60 PHEV for 191. Showed me a mail from Aug!! saying they were getting 4 -and they are keeping one for a demo :(

I think at this stage I'm out. Now...do i go for a Leaf, a Qashqai or a Sportage??

What a backward country we live in

oo..that reminds me. dealer dropped it into the conversation about a hybrid sportage in 21....and possibly more to the range. Said he heard Kia wanted to have 5 hybrid/electric cars by then.

X-trail might be a bit outside my budget! &I think I'd go for a hybrid Rav4 first!

Hybrid Rav is not cheap.....

Well then...i talked with yet another kia dealer...managed to get me a blue niro and a decent trade in deal...so all set for delivery early jan (pending seai/vrt /pcp applications!)

Now to start looking at a charger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

daheff wrote:
    Well then...i talked with yet another kia dealer...managed to get me a blue niro and a decent trade in deal...so all set for delivery early jan (pending seai/vrt /pcp applications!)

You mean the PHEV right not the EV?

BigAl81 wrote: »
    You mean the PHEV right not the EV?

Yep PHEV.
    BEV not availableuntil 192 at the earliest

Congrats and bets of luck

The PHEV really is looking like the best option

Congrats and bets of luck

The PHEV really is looking like the best option

Yeah- i'd love to have gotten the BEV, but price and timing don't suit (Especially timing -current car needs to be changed before nct in mar 19...its never gonna pass it).

Current full EVs out there don't suit what i need so think the PHEV will give me best of both worlds.

Only downside i have is that the interior is the lighter coloured interior....wouldn't have been my choice, but apparently they are all that colour! No options, no choices really.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

speaking to a dealer today, they're only importing circa 200 of the 39kw niros & 60 of the 64 kw, for 192 registration but dealers will have demos in Q1 2019, I've already put my name down for a week end test drive, no prices yet I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

jordan191 wrote: »
    speaking to a dealer today, they're only importing circa 200 of the 39kw niros & 60 of the 64 kw, for 192 registration but dealers will have demos in Q1 2019, I've already put my name down for a week end test drive, no prices yet I'm afraid

Thats a pathetic number.
    I wonder is that their choice or all they could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

jordan191 wrote: »

Thanks for that info.

Re pricing - I won't imagine it'll be good news for any potential e-Niro buyer. Recent price increases in UK for Kona EV & talk/mention on this forum of the Ireland Kona EV price going up at end of this year. Seems likely that Kia will have seen this & will no doubt I presume, upwardly revise any selling price they may have had thought about for the e-Niro already. Playing their cards close to their chest so to speak - trying to figure out how much they can squeeze the buyers for!! Definitely a lack of transparency when pricing has been announced ages ago for other countries. Once again, we get a raw deal (probably).

KCross wrote: »
    Thats a pathetic number.
    I wonder is that their choice or all they could get?

I would doubt those numbers as well.....

I would doubt those numbers as well.....

+1

I was actually told a lot less would be brought into Ireland when I inquired several weeks ago - less than 1 car per dealership - but who knows maybe something has changed since then.

Not sure / confident that the dealers really have a proper idea of what will happen at this stage.

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info.

Re pricing - I won't imagine it'll be good news for any potential e-Niro buyer. Recent price increases in UK for Kona EV & talk/mention on this forum of the Ireland Kona EV price going up at end of this year. Seems likely that Kia will have seen this & will no doubt I presume, upwardly revise any selling price they may have had thought about for the e-Niro already. Playing their cards close to their chest so to speak - trying to figure out how much they can squeeze the buyers for!! Definitely a lack of transparency when pricing has been announced ages ago for other countries. Once again, we get a raw deal (probably).

eNiro is priced higher than the Kona all over the World. So I don't expect it to be cheaper here. It will stay at 49k or so without grant to allow it to be used as a company car but like the Kona expect the spec to get hit to keep to that level

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

C €40K is an awful ball of money for a smallish car, that we know it or similar, will be for sale at €10/15K less in a few years time. But then the Grant and VRT Rebate may be gone.

eNiro is priced higher than the Kona all over the World. So I don't expect it to be cheaper here. It will stay at 49k or so without grant to allow it to be used as a company car but like the Kona expect the spec to get hit to keep to that level

Yep - understand that & appreciate it was probably always going to cost more than the Kona EV.

I'm just thinking with all the more recent upward revision of pricing with the Kona that whatever Kia Ireland had planned to sell the e-Niro at here, will probably be more than it might have been 2 or 3 months ago if they had issued a price then..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I was actually told a lot less would be brought into Ireland when I inquired several weeks ago - less than 1 car per dealership - but who knows maybe something has changed since then.

The explanation for that was that each dealer was getting a demo model for 191, so that made sense.

260 for customer sales in all of 2019 is not a good number but I suppose its 260 less diesels.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Water John wrote: »
    C €40K is an awful ball of money for a smallish car

It is. Only really a good proposition for people who do high mileage, they save thousands per year on fuel compared to a petrol / diesel crossover costing 10k less to buy up front. Money savings on all other fronts too. Tax, insurance, maintenance, tolls, and probably a low enough depreciation.

KCross wrote: »
    The explanation for that was that each dealer was getting a demo model for 191, so that made sense.

260 for customer sales in all of 2019 is not a good number but I suppose its 260 less diesels.

ok -thanks for the explanation.

Pretty poor number for sure though.

Maybe that's all they (Kia Ireland Dealers) were allocated based on market size for Ireland (so they had no say or little influence to increase numbers at country level ?)

• Advertisement

Yep - understand that & appreciate it was probably always going to cost more than the Kona EV.

I'm just thinking with all the more recent upward revision of pricing with the Kona that whatever Kia Ireland had planned to sell the e-Niro at here, will probably be more than it might have been 2 or 3 months ago if they had issued a price then..

They will keep under the 50k bracket. It is the spec that will suffer I would guess

Expect the excuse, "but sure it is 50k, if we kept a high spec it would be 60k" :P

The interesting part is what will the Soul sell for.....how many of them will they get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

People in the UK are speculating at around £500/month for PCP deals, which is close to lease deals on an iPace...

kuro68k wrote: »
    People in the UK are speculating at around £500/month for PCP deals, which is close to lease deals on an iPace...

speculating!! How informed are the speculators?

I think for 50k for a NIRO EV they'll find a very limited buyers market (And that might be what they want for the moment because of low levels of availability).

I think for 50k for a NIRO EV they'll find a very limited buyers market (And that might be what they want for the moment because of low levels of availability).

It will be 50k and then take away the 10k so price into hand will be 40k

remeber the boom is back.....people will buy it, I won't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Fullycharged road trip in the big Kona.

Soarer wrote: »
    Fullycharged road trip in the big Kona.

If I did buy one, pull the electric sign off straight away.....

for 38k and the paint is poor :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Well it's pricing info from The Sun so I'm sure it's 100% accurate...

kuro68k wrote: »
    Well it's pricing info from The Sun so I'm sure it's 100% accurate...

I think the pricing on this thread of 50k and then 40k with grants is about right.....this would be based on the Kona v Niro pricing in South Korea.....

Also the pricing that is released in Norway is a few k more expensive to the Kona

The Sun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Interesting video, this car would really suit a switch from diesel.

Advertisement