Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Unless they are heated solely by the ICE ?

How far can they drive on leccy ?

does seem that when I put on the fan (unless its really low) that the ICE kicks in.

Range is approx 55km on the battery.

I can turn on fan when its plugged into the charger, just cant time it (or at least see how to do it).

daheff wrote: »
    does seem that when I put on the fan (unless its really low) that the ICE kicks in.

Range is approx 55km on the battery.

I can turn on fan when its plugged into the charger, just cant time it (or at least see how to do it).

Do you know the battery capacity ?

PHEV are small batteries usually so I could understand that there would be no pre-heating when off the mains but they should when plugged in.

The Outlander PHEV can pre heat but has I think 12 Kwh battery.

The BMW i3 Rex has 21-33 Kwh so plenty for pre heating. The 42 Kwh sadly has no Rex.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Do you know the battery capacity ?

PHEV are small batteries usually so I could understand that there would be no pre-heating when off the mains but they should when plugged in.

The Outlander PHEV can pre heat but has I think 12 Kwh battery.

The BMW i3 Rex has 21-33 Kwh so plenty for pre heating. The 42 Kwh sadly has no Rex.

8.9kWh in Niro PHEV... which I believe is total, so usable is less.
    50km+ on EV only but the motor is only 59kW, I think, so the ICE kicks in if you try anything aggressive.

daheff wrote: »
    Folks

Can Niro Phev be preheated? Can’t seem to find that setting? Or is it just for full EV model?

You should post again to the Niro PHEV thread...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855507

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Deffo get at least a space saver spare into that boot sub floor section

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Do we have figures for costs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

The e-Niro has landed on Irish shores

Phil from Electric Autos just posted a few pics of a nice black one on his Facebook page, ready for dealer delivery soon :)

icom wrote: »

Phil from Electric Autos just posted a few pics of a nice black one on his Facebook page, ready for dealer delivery soon :)

Just seen....ont Kia now

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

finally great news! i think many of us been waiting for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Nice! Leather and the radar for adaptive cruise.

If they have them and in any sort of quantity expect the Kona sales to stop right about.............

NOW

Now before everyone does get excited. I did say a number of pages back that Kia dealer had mentioned a press eNiro would be over in Feb time frame and would do a lap of Ireland, this was for press only and maybe some of dealers might get for some test drives.....

I am checking but this could be the case......

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Now before everyone does get excited. I did say a number of pages back that Kia dealer had mentioned a press eNiro would be over in Feb time frame and would do a lap of Ireland, this was for press only and maybe some of dealers might get for some test drives.....

I am checking but this could be the case......

Probably one demo/press car for the whole country and wait until 2020 for first customer deliveries :mad:

Probably one demo/press car for the whole country and wait until 2020 for first customer deliveries :mad:

Last update I seen was Kia are 12 months behind on orders already.....they had no idea it would be so popular...idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Possibly a press car. Nice to see one in Ireland though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The fact a car has arrived indicates that deliveries shouldnt be too far away.

No point bringing over car for demo/press work if delIveries are 2020.

Yes for sure if I walk into a dealer in a country eNiro is already for sale i could well be told 12 months delivery.

But that doesnt stop Kia allocating cars to Ireland - and the fact this car is here shows that.

Old diesel wrote: »
    The fact a car has arrived indicates that deliveries shouldnt be too far away.

No point bringing over car for demo/press work if delIveries are 2020.

Yes for sure if I walk into a dealer in a country eNiro is already for sale i could well be told 12 months delivery.

But that doesnt stop Kia allocating cars to Ireland - and the fact this car is here shows that.

I've already been into my local Kia dealer a couple of times showing strong interest in eNiro.

I called the sales manager when I saw that picture. He is still saying first customer cars will be 2020. Demo cars will be around and orders will be taken, but he reckons that the chances of seeing a customer car on 192 plates are none and nonner. :D

Dealer rang me today to say they have an eNiro demo available for test drives. Arrived this week. Seems they are in NI as well in Downeys.

Price appears to be €35k after incentives.

KCross wrote: »
    Dealer rang me today to say they have an eNiro demo available for test drives. Arrived this week. Seems they are in NI as well in Downeys.

Price appears to be €35k after incentives.

Where is the dealer that rang you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€35k on the road would not be a bad price. It's a size up from Kona and it does have a better spec?

unkel wrote: »
    €35k on the road would not be a bad price. It's a size up from Kona and it does have a better spec?

i'd have bought one at that price rather than a Kona. Not sure what the spec is, but the PHEV is pretty decent compared to the Kona.

Size is way bigger too.

Niro looks a lot better, it doesn't have nearly as much of that obnoxious plastic that makes the Kona look like very cheap, except it's far from cheap.

SOmeone spinning around in Cork in 39kWh which i selling for 35500.....

What will the 64kWh be.....40k at least

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SOmeone spinning around in Cork in 39kWh which i selling for 35500.....

What will the 64kWh be.....40k at least

whats the range on the 39kw?250km?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not as badly stripped down as the Kona, but the ones in Cork don't seem to have ventilated seats, electric adjustment seats or seat memory.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Where in Cork are these eNiros????

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Old diesel wrote: »
    Where in Cork are these eNiros????
    Nyhan Motors, Bandon

Spec seems to be pretty close to the UK spec.

- Leather
    - Heated front seats
    - Heated steering wheel
    - Rear parking sensors
    - LKAS + Smart Cruise

Features missing from UK First Edition
    - Front parking sensors
    - JBL sound system (TBC)
    - Electrically adjustable front seats (TBC)

'Real world' it's going to be closer to 230-260km I'd say. EPA combined efficiency was around 16.7kWh/100km for the larger 64kWh back IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Some photos of the UK version here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-PgV1gvbpnoEGtESSI3895D0ajLoXago

Interior looks pretty cheap for a £33k car...

Advertisement