Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Water John

And IWT the differential will hold better than that. We'll have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

From what I can tell its looking more like 39kwh €35000 ish with metallic and 64kwh €39-40000 otr after grants.

Do you think with whats available now and whats coming the 39kwh is still a good value purchase?

I know we are looking at the unknown, but a revised facelift ionic with improved battery is expected this year but maybe prices will be similar to the kia at €35k they do seem to have tried to keep the current ionic price up around 31K more recently and no offer of scrappage anymore, could be so the price jump doesn't seem to drastic.

I suppose realistically it could be Mid 2020 before we see much change in the market. And looks like any VW offering will be going the tesla route of offering premium models first to maximise profits on the small numbers they will produce initially.

As always with EV's lots to think about..

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Water John wrote: »
    And IWT the differential will hold better than that. We'll have to wait.

Yeah we're only guessing, but in 5 years time there will be plenty of availability of new EVs at affordable prices and the USP the 64kWh car has today, that it can do such a long range, will no longer command a huge premium

Make no mistake, Huyundai / Kia / Tesla have far higher margins on cars with long ranges than they do on cars with short ranges. A lot of what you pay extra is their profit. Not the costs of the larger battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm going to try and take one for a spin. The 64kwh is what I would need with my 160km per day commute. Though trying to convince Herself that spending €40k on a smaller car might be the hardest part of the deal (currently have a Kadjar).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Just to let you know, 160km is well doable in any 40kwh car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

unkel wrote: »
    Yes, it is not lost, but it will depreciate. And I reckon a 37k will have a higher percentage of annual depreciation than a 32k one, and coming from a higher price already, this will double the effect.

I'd say after 5 years the 32k will be worth about 2k less than the 37k. So 3k extra lost on the 37k...

Perhaps, but the 64 will have a much better range after 5 yrs.....and 10

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paulm123

I think the depreciation will be higher on the lower range cars.
    In 3 years time if you were offered a 39kw for say 18k and a 64kw for 20k what would you choose?
    Also short range EV's will look so "last year" :) in a few years time.

The real question for me is when will VW come with decent supply and at what price??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    A 39kWh on the road for €32k represents better value than a 64kWh on the road for €37k imho. Even though the latter has a better spec. The former would be fine for most people with a driveway (the overwhelming majority of buyers of a brand new €30k crossover in Ireland would be families with kids and a driveway) and they will save money in total cost of ownership compared with a mid size crossover diesel from another make that can be bought for a few grand less.

The owners of a 64kWh are not likely to save money. Unless they do intergalactic miles...
    And if they do intergalactic miles the odometer will make the car sale proof

ELM327 wrote: »
    And if they do intergalactic miles the odometer will make the car sale proof

Says the man seriously interested in buying a Tesla with over 400k km on it :)

EVs can stand the big miles much better than ICE cars. By the time that car comes up for sale, most people will be aware of this. If you have to do big miles on something, do it in an EV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/e-niro/pricing/?cmpid=eml|e-niro_launch|marketing|button|body|april19

Not sure if people have got sent this yet

Range CO2 Insurance
    Group Basic VAT (20%) Retail 1st Year
    VED FRF Additional Costs OTR £ After PiCG
    'First Edition' 64 kWh lithium-ion 201bhp 1-speed auto 0 28 £29,870.83 £5,974.17 £35,845.00 £0 £55 £650.00 £36,495 £32,995

http://ems.kia.europe-crm.net/viewPage.jsp?merge_query=bXNnX2lkPTFfMkVOOFJOUyZtc2dfc2VxPTU3NjIwJm1zZ19tZW1faWQ9MCZtZW1fc2VxPTIyMzgmcmVzcFN0YXJ0PTIwMTktMDQtMDMmcmVzcEVuZD0yMDE5LTA0LTEw

Sorry not sure if links will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Note that if you order in the UK now you won't see the car until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

Was with dealer yesterday, there will be 115 64kWh cars delivered by June. But the spec will not represent the First edition in the UK or so I am led to believe. I sat in the 39kWh yesterday which should represent the Irish spec. There are differences from the first edition - trim, sound system, screen, front sensors, power seats that I could see and probably a number of others that I couldnt. I expressed my dissatisfaction at this and was told that there might be a few higher specs available but they will certainly be crossing the €40k mark. The Irish spec is expected to be approx €39k. Dealer is still awaiting details of actual prices and specs and expects to have in coming week or so.
    Im not sure what I will do at this stage - move forward with e Niro or hold for ID3. To be fair the e Niro is a lovely car and very comfortable which is most important for my long commute and has space for family.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Wow, and I was moaning about the UK 1st edition spec being a bit rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

kevin16w wrote: »
    Was with dealer yesterday, there will be 115 64kWh cars delivered by June. But the spec will not represent the First edition in the UK or so I am led to believe. I sat in the 39kWh yesterday which should represent the Irish spec. There are differences from the first edition - trim, sound system, screen, front sensors, power seats that I could see and probably a number of others that I couldnt. I expressed my dissatisfaction at this and was told that there might be a few higher specs available but they will certainly be crossing the €40k mark. The Irish spec is expected to be approx €39k. Dealer is still awaiting details of actual prices and specs and expects to have in coming week or so.
    Im not sure what I will do at this stage - move forward with e Niro or hold for ID3. To be fair the e Niro is a lovely car and very comfortable which is most important for my long commute and has space for family.

I assume thats 39K with the SEAI/VRT exemption taken away?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Usual joke. Seriously expensive for what you get. Really do hope we see better value in the EV portfolio on 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

I assume thats 39K with the SEAI/VRT exemption taken away?

Yeah. Sorry that’s what I meant. The higher spec would break the BIK 50k before grants so would likely not sell in this country they feel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah. Sorry that’s what I meant. The higher spec would break the BIK 50k before grants so would likely not sell in this country they feel.

Well it certainly won't if we're not given the choice

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

slave1 wrote: »

Well it certainly won't if we're not given the choice

Years ago - Ford used to have some of their trim options as "special order" for Ireland.

Think Sierra Ghia in the 1992 era - it was available but you'd have to specifically order one.

Kia should at least offer buyers the upgrade option.

Ok, no real update on this thread so I thought nothing had happened......just for crack checked Kia.ie and low and behold pricing

Electric Mid range 312 km 100 kW (136 PS) 33,495.36 €
    Electric Long range 485 km 150 kW (204 PS) 37,495.32 €

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/e-niro/specifications/

Does anyone know a garage with one of these? can you order and when would delivery be?

Kia eNiro 64kWh list price less than the Kona? Full size bigger, better spec, longer warranty. That's a decent EV for the money at this point in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

From what I can see missing the JBL Premium Sound System & Sat Nav that comes with the UK first edition otherwise the same, is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

This car and those specs and price will ****ing destroy to Kona, I'd I'll be delighted. Hyundai with their sh!Ty and lazy paddy specs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

I assume those prices are after all grants?

Edit: The long range looks to be coming in a couple of grand less than the L62. Hopefully a bit of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Soarer wrote: »
    I assume those prices are after all grants?

Edit: The long range looks to be coming in a couple of grand less than the L62. Hopefully a bit of competition.

Add another €600 for metallic paint, bringing the 64kWh to €38,100, plus we can have Silver in Ireland too !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

No ventilated seats, electric seat adjustment or seat memory. Those are disappointing.

Vastly better than the turd spec Kona though.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    No ventilated seats, electric seat adjustment or seat memory. Those are disappointing.

I have had those in cars previously that I bought second hand. I wouldn't tick any of those options if I had to pay for them when buying a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

DrPhilG wrote:

I have both in my ioniq and would easily give them up. I would not however give up adaptive CC, active lane assistant, auto emergency braking etc, which this has but the Kona dumped for the Irish market

I couldn't agree more, irishgrover. Proper reliable autonomous driving is what's next. Our €25k cars have this in a basic form as standard functionality, most other cars, even €50k cars, €100k cars, don't even have this as an option.

Tesla is leading the way here, their biggest advantage is they have a massive data feed from existing cars that makes it relatively easy to keep re-programming their software so it will soon enough be better than a human driver

DrPhilG wrote: »

Vastly better than the turd spec Kona though.

All of the above are non requirement for me personally. Adaptive cruise etc is what I want. Now if I could find a garage in Dublin with one I could be a 2 house electric by close of business....haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    All of the above are non requirement for me personally. Adaptive cruise etc is what I want. Now if I could find a garage in Dublin with one I could be a 2 house electric by close of business....haha

i keep getting calls from a garage which sounds like its a radio presenter telling me they have one to test drive.... if thats any use

Advertisement