Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

McGiver wrote: »
    That's 0.145 kWh/km, hard to believe it was 520kms at 120kph.

guessing it depends on where the motorway is. Assuming that it is UK, based on miels per kWH reading. Max motorway speed limit is 112km. Mostly motorway in UK could easily average out at less than 100kmph. If that was the reality then his reading is totally believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Max motorway speed limit is 112km.

:D

Average speed of any car in the outside lane is far, far higher than that on most motorways in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

guessing it depends on where the motorway is. Assuming that it is UK, based on miels per kWH reading. Max motorway speed limit is 112km. Mostly motorway in UK could easily average out at less than 100kmph. If that was the reality then his reading is totally believable.

Right. Been a while since I lived in England, is that 70mph for motorway and 60mph for dual carriage there?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep. Plenty of cars doing 85-90 in the outside lane. Have done for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Right. Been a while since I lived in England, is that 70mph for motorway and 60mph for dual carriage there?

Most dual carriageways are 70mph too, from my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Most dual carriageways are 70mph too, from my experience.
    Interesting, RSA here do speed surveys every year, for all types of roads and all types of vehicles. The methodology is quite good, for motorways and cars the sample is around a thousand cars they measure at 10 different locations at different times, and it's all free speed i.e. at a section unobstructed by layout, weather conditions or congestion, so basically the driver can go there as much as they want to. Now, the last result in 2016 was average speed 114kph on motorways, and some 50% going less than or up to 114kph.
    I was talking about EVs to one lad that you need to be going 100 to save the range and he was insisting that 'nobody' drives 100 on the motorway, because when and where he drives he never sees anyone driving slowly. Confronted with the RSA research he said that there is research and then there's real life. And basically the research is bollox, whereas his anecdotal evidence with no methodology or even proper measurement is superior.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Interesting, RSA here do speed surveys every year, for all types of roads and all types of vehicles. The methodology is quite good, for motorways and cars the sample is around a thousand cars they measure at 10 different locations at different times, and it's all free speed i.e. at a section unobstructed by layout, weather conditions or congestion, so basically the driver can go there as much as they want to. Now, the last result in 2016 was average speed 114kph on motorways, and some 50% going less than or up to 114kph.
    I was talking about EVs to one lad that you need to be going 100 to save the range and he was insisting that 'nobody' drives 100 on the motorway, because when and where he drives he never sees anyone driving slowly. Confronted with the RSA research he said that there is research and then there's real life. And basically the research is bollox, whereas his anecdotal evidence with no methodology or even proper measurement is superior.

I've only driven at 100km/h to save range when I've been let down by eCars infrastructure. Most of our motorway driving is at 125km/h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have left this for a while, so do the Irish dealers actually have any 64kWh version available to buy if I wanted one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Seen a Black 191 KE E-Niro upclose in the wild yesterday. Very impressive. I think my mind is made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Reading reviews on the eNiro over the weekend and I think I'll try to get one in the new year. Are they going to be available in January does anyone know? Any guesses on good finance deals or scrappage? I'm planning to call down to the dealer on the weekend for a chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

budgemook wrote: »
    Reading reviews on the eNiro over the weekend and I think I'll try to get one in the new year.  Are they going to be available in January does anyone know?  Any guesses on good finance deals or scrappage?  I'm planning to call down to the dealer on the weekend for a chat.
    3.9% APR on it at the moment. Ring around garages for trade in prices, got myself 3k extra by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got this earlier ...

“Thank you for your interest in e-Niro ( e-Soul ). Our dealers have told us that the limited stocks allocated to them for 192 are sold out .

We will keep you informed of the supply situation for 2020 and will come back to you with further information in October .

We do currently have stock of Niro PHEV which may suit your needs and also qualifies for generous government grants of up to €7500 .”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

tk123 wrote: »
    I got this earlier ...

“Thank you for your interest in e-Niro ( e-Soul ). Our dealers have told us that the limited stocks allocated to them for 192 are sold out .

We will keep you informed of the supply situation for 2020 and will come back to you with further information in October .

We do currently have stock of Niro PHEV which may suit your needs and also qualifies for generous government grants of up to €7500 .”
    Still worth ringing around. Most dealers I talked to didn't know about stock yet or had cars coming in that hadn't had a deposit earmarked against them. Would advise going outside Dublin to be fair as it may be slightly easier to get one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have left this for a while, so do the Irish dealers actually have any 64kWh version available to buy if I wanted one?

I know of one non branded dealer that got them and out with customers on fleet already. Haines Fleet in Airside, Swords.

Aurora black and gravity blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

kceire wrote: »
    Shefwedfan wrote: »

I know of one non branded dealer that got them and out with customers on fleet already. Haines Fleet in Airside, Swords.

Aurora black and gravity blue.

Seen those on facebook earlier.

The Gravity blue looks nice.

I would suspect Haines source these through a main dealer for their lease customers.

So they are going to the same stock as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

I saw in the Independent yesterday that the e-niro will be officially launched next Monday? I thought that it was launched a few weeks back.

"KIA: The e-Niro and e-Soul will be launched officially next Monday. I'm told they are sold out, so get your orders in for 2020."

https://www.independent.ie/life/motoring/car-news/electrified-cars-are-coming-the-az-of-the-new-or-revised-models-on-the-way-38209299.html

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

My dealer says he will have some 64kWh models soon. No word on spec yet.

kuro68k wrote: »

I am going on the assumption that they will be the same spec as the 39kWh I had for the test drive which was fine, missing a few bit but no show stoppers.

This is the spec they have on the website looks the same as the 39 kWh Car I had for a day. The nav screen was 7" rather than 8" in the UK car, no premium audio, no electric seat adjustment more or less that same as the UK first edition otherwise.

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/e-niro/specifications/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

Yeah from what i was told, it is same spec as the 39kWh one. I have been told that i will take ownership on first week of July. Dealer will have from last week in June. Color for me will be the runway red. i can live with that. getting excited now...

• Advertisement

kevin16w wrote: »
    Yeah from what i was told, it is same spec as the 39kWh one. I have been told that i will take ownership on first week of July. Dealer will have from last week in June. Color for me will be the runway red. i can live with that. getting excited now...

Excellent news that good to know. The Red will be nice I asked about it also. I must bug my dealer for some news.

Looks like Lane Follow Assist, aka Autopilot, is missing too.

I'll cancel my order, I wanted high spec.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Looks like Lane Follow Assist, aka Autopilot, is missing too.

I'll cancel my order, I wanted high spec.

Where are you getting that from, it's listed on the spec in the Irish Configurator?

liamog wrote: »
    Where are you getting that from, it's listed on the spec in the Irish Configurator?

Dealer sent me this:

4Or2OGr.png

No autopilot
    Downgraded screen to 7"
    No keyless entry?

Like the UK version it's also missing LED headlights, ventilated seats, blue interior trim, mood lighting, telematics (app), Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (which can read road signs) and some other stuff I forget now.

Oh and it costs the same as the UK version after the grant! They must be making a hefty profit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Funny that most electric cars don't seem to have very spacious boots. Where do you put the doggo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

liamog wrote: »

Dealer sent me this:

4Or2OGr.png

No autopilot
    Downgraded screen to 7"
    No keyless entry?

Like the UK version it's also missing LED headlights, ventilated seats, blue interior trim, mood lighting, telematics (app), Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (which can read road signs) and some other stuff I forget now.

Oh and it costs the same as the UK version after the grant! They must be making a hefty profit on it.

Is smart key not keyless I wonder????? - the way it's phrased - smart key with push button start.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Lane Follow Assist is certainly listed as a feature on the Irish site, complete with video explaining it. I'd hope it wasn't included on the site by accident. And the Smart Key is keyless entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Does this mean that the UK version with better specs is the same price even when you take the grants into account??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

What is Smart Cruise Control and what would be the difference between "smart cruise control with lane keep assist" and "lane follow assist" ?

• Advertisement

Smart Cruise is the radar assisted system that will slow down the car when one is detected.
    As near as I can tell Lane Keep Assist and Lane Follow assist are the same thing, think of it as LKA with better software.

Advertisement