Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Kia Hotspot app seems to be working well for me on android to turn on/off phone hotspot when connected/disconnected to bluetooth in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

Kia Hotspot app seems to be working well for me on android to turn on/off phone hotspot when connected/disconnected to bluetooth in the car

I saw on the InsiderEV forum US that they have an app called UVO for the telematics, is this not available in Ireland?

UVO Eco features include:
    1. Remote commands: Lock or unlock your car, start or stop the climate control, or start or stop a charge.
    2. Vehicle Status: View real-time information about your vehicle's battery, range, door locks, and climate control.
    3. Reservation: Schedule when your vehicle should charge and when your climate control should run.
    4. Find My Car: Find the location of the vehicle and navigate to it.
    5. Find Charging Stations: View a map of the charging stations in your area.
    6. Roadside Assist: Contact Kia Roadside Assistance Program with just one click.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No, NA only

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

ELM327 wrote: »
    No, NA only

Balls, that's what I thought alright, its handy sometimes to have it, don't use it much in the LEAF but its there when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

That UVO Eco sounds like it would be quite handy, especially to stop/start the chargers.

I have trouble at a local charger maybe someone can enlighten me, I've tried it twice now. The charger is a simple enough thing at Tesco Liffey Valley, it just has a light indicator to show Ready | Connected | Charging, and it has a power socket.

So, I plug in my cable, then press a button on the Niro dash to suspend/turn off the scheduled charging and so it requests a charge then and there, which works nicely. The cable locks in place and the car is charging.

My problem is how to disconnect when I come back. There's no buttons on the charger, so the only way to disconnect is to get the car to stop requesting a charge. I press the same button, expecting the car to go back on scheduled charging only and to turn off the on-going charging, but that isn't working :confused:

The only way I can get it to disconnect right now is to set the maximum charge well below what it currently is, so that the car stops requesting a charge. That's a ridiculously fiddly solution. Can someone tell me if there's something I'm missing cos I feel like I'm too stupid to own this car right now! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

argolis wrote: »
    That UVO Eco sounds like it would be quite handy, especially to stop/start the chargers.

I have trouble at a local charger maybe someone can enlighten me, I've tried it twice now. The charger is a simple enough thing at Tesco Liffey Valley, it just has a light indicator to show Ready | Connected | Charging, and it has a power socket.

So, I plug in my cable, then press a button on the Niro dash to suspend/turn off the scheduled charging and so it requests a charge then and there, which works nicely. The cable locks in place and the car is charging.

My problem is how to disconnect when I come back. There's no buttons on the charger, so the only way to disconnect is to get the car to stop requesting a charge. I press the same button, expecting the car to go back on scheduled charging only and to turn off the on-going charging, but that isn't working :confused:

The only way I can get it to disconnect right now is to set the maximum charge well below what it currently is, so that the car stops requesting a charge. That's a ridiculously fiddly solution. Can someone tell me if there's something I'm missing cos I feel like I'm too stupid to own this car right now! :o

Have you tried pressing the unlock button on the key fob? This might release the cable and allow you to unplug. It might only release it for a couple of seconds, so be ready to pull it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

argolis wrote: »

There is another button in the car (to the right of the button you are pressing, I think) that will unlock the cable at the car end. You might have it set to "auto" which means the cable is locked when charging. Flick that and you should hear it unlocking and then you can pull it to stop the charge.

And as Silent Running said, hitting the unlock button on the fob should also unlock it for that particular session in case you want to leave the setting to "auto".

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Really disappointed with the head lights drove dark country road tonight and really pants visibility. If anyone finds a good replacement option preferably the LEDs that should have been put in to the car in the first place please post here

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Really disappointed with the head lights drove dark country road tonight and really pants visibility. If anyone finds a good replacement option preferably the LEDs that should have been put in to the car in the first place please post here

Is it legal to put in LEDs? Usually they require auto-levelling to avoid blinding other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    wanted to book a test drive for e-niro. had no reply from dealers what so ever. decided to give dealers a call. apparently there are not a single e-niro available not even demo model. should be back in stock November, December 2019! Id say those are gona go for 2020 plates :)
    A dealer in Limerick is holding one for test drives I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cty of d tribes

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    wanted to book a test drive for e-niro. had no reply from dealers what so ever. decided to give dealers a call. apparently there are not a single e-niro available not even demo model. should be back in stock November, December 2019! Id say those are gona go for 2020 plates :)

I was out on a test drive last Saturday . KIA eNiro 32kw model . Joe Duff Kia in Swords. Lovely car , going to get one as company car . Ask for Richard in Kia Sword . Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

A dealer in Limerick is holding one for test drives I believe.

Same in kildare. I did however get a 48hr test drive of the long range kia soul. Well that is a serious machine. Lots of room in the car. Very very fast too. 39k after incentives. Only 3 or 4 available for 192.

I was out on a test drive last Saturday . KIA eNiro 32kw model . Joe Duff Kia in Swords. Lovely car , going to get one as company car . Ask for Richard in Kia Sword . Very helpful.

Probably the 39kWh version. It's worth noting that it's less powerful than the 64kWh car.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

Same in kildare. I did however get a 48hr test drive of the long range kia soul. Well that is a serious machine. Lots of room in the car. Very very fast too. 39k after incentives. Only 3 or 4 available for 192.

I'd drive the soul because I care a lot more about function than style. I've seen it and had a long chat with the guys in Kilcullen about it and the Niro. My wife is quite the opposite and shot it down as expected. I'm likely to swap Ioniq for Niro in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Probably the 39kWh version. It's worth noting that it's less powerful than the 64kWh car.

What's the difference in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

McGiver wrote: »
    What's the difference in price?

The difference is €4000, well worth it for more performance and 25kWh extra battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

The difference is €4000, well worth it for more performance and 25kWh extra battery.

35k is too steep for 39kW battery car. I think it would start getting interesting at 30k mark, above that it makes no sense to go for the lower battery.

The similar appears to be the case with e-soul, the pricing is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

How is the Kona EV not on the VRT calculator?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Loads of cars are not on the VRT calculator. No Porsche has ever been on it. And when you make an enquiry about a car, before importing it, they either don't reply or have a generic answer like it is only determined after import. As unprofessional and useless a system as you will get unless you bring in a boggo common car like a Prius or a BMW 520d :mad:

Lots of used e-Niros hitting the market in the UK. Mostly seems to be people upgrading to a Model 3.

Dealers are reporting a lot of cancelled pre-orders too. Not surprising since on finance it's more expensive than a Model 3 for a lower spec car. Could be a good opportunity to get a low mileage one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

kuro68k wrote: »
    Lots of used e-Niros hitting the market in the UK. Mostly seems to be people upgrading to a Model 3.

Dealers are reporting a lot of cancelled pre-orders too. Not surprising since on finance it's more expensive than a Model 3 for a lower spec car. Could be a good opportunity to get a low mileage one.

Grand total on one on Autotrader

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

..and too soon to import as VAT is still payable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

What's new about the model 3 version?

chewed wrote: »
    What's new about the model 3 version?

Tesla Model 3 I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

slave1 wrote: »
    ..and too soon to import as VAT is still payable

It was registered in April so if you picked it up in October.......no VAT!

Grand total on one on Autotrader

Most seem to be being sold on Facebook and SpeakEV. Even with 6k miles and some damage people want full price for them... Taxis buying them up I guess, for them it's worth it and the extra space over the Model 3 is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

mike_2009 wrote: »

Also needs to have covered at least 6,000km

KildareMan wrote: »
    Also needs to have covered at least 6,000km

...at time of VRT registration, no need for 6,000kms at time of purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

...at time of VRT registration, no need for 6,000kms at time of purchase

True, if the dates are close enough. Questions are asked though on "suspicious" timelines and you need to supply dated purchase proof and proof of travel (ferry ticket I suppose). Before nct took over I was in Naas tax office doing the paperwork on a bike I brought over. Guy in next cubicle was getting screwed to the wall over his timeline and ended up paying a good bit more than he thought he was going to get away with.

• Advertisement

mike_2009 wrote: »

It doesn't matter when it was registered if you can get the dealer to sell it VAT free in the UK. Just pay the Irish VAT and a bit of VRT and you're done.

Advertisement