Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Thanks, interesting that you found it nipper than the 120ah i3.

The official 0-100km for the 120ah is 7.3, 0.2 of a second faster than the e-Niro.

Both are a damn sight better than the 8.1 of my 94ah mind you, although I've never found it slow, even at overtaking speed going from say 90 to 140 very quickly.

That was where it blew my old Leaf away. I often contended that the i3 was actually a tiny bit slower off the line than the 24kWh Leaf, but at higher speeds the i3 roasted it.

The I3 felt more agile, lighter. But it was more impressive to launch the much more bulky Niro off the line. I felt the Niro had the edge when rolling though. Going from 60 to 120kph in sport mode is... um... interesting.

liamog wrote: »
    Saw on Facebook, the Kia Ireland dealer conferences are going on in the next week. We're likely to see updated prices/spec on the Niro EV after October 20th.

Hopefully we'll get the newer spec for January. The led headlights and app would be worth the extra cost of the updated model IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Acceleration: Of course, identical to the Kona.

I found the Kona significantly quicker off the line than the eNiro, certainly in the initial acceleration stage. Traction is an issue with all that torque going to the front wheels though & I doubt anyone would complain either are slow.

I found the Kona exceedingly small though & the interior felt particularly budget .

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

Hi has anyone got a software update on the eNiro yet from the dealer? And if you did what did it do?

My car has been great in general I have seen between 450and 470km range on full charge but usually don’t do full charges. Can used it 4-5 days usually between 80% charges. The handling is a bit numb but it’s as adequate, acceleration is excellent, really good for overtaking. Headlights are poor very yellow colour different bulbs might help but pity they were not LED. A few small panel noises not really rattling but can hear noise from drivers door panel and something is the boot somewhere. Also the touchscreen is slightly loose at one corner you can feel and hear it push in a millimetre or so. I Will mention to the dealer at some stage.
    But really the large capacity battery just opens up the whole country to you compared to the 24kWh leaf I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hello
    Just wanted to ask how much is this Niro EV I went to drogheda and they couldn't tell me as they are waiting on word Kia.. looking to buy in January plus we have charging in the job.
    and had took my details and will get back to me.

Is there a new model coming out not getting much info from.the dealer

Cheers

• Advertisement

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hello
    Just wanted to ask how much is this Niro EV I went to drogheda and they couldn't tell me as they are waiting on word Kia.. looking to buy in January plus we have charging in the job.
    and had took my details and will get back to me.

Is there a new model coming out not getting much info from.the dealer

Cheers

There is an update coming out. 10.25" screen, new supervision cluster, LED headlights and an app. It will be a higher price than the current one though. Talk in UK is that it will be £1700 (~€1900) higher than current.

When this upgrade arrives in the UK isn't known at the moment. When or even if we get this upgrade in Ireland is anyone's guess.

Don't hold your breath for the dealer to get back to you, they're not good at that stuff. If you want information you'll have to hound them, failing that hound another dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

I paid €39,000 for mine in total including the trade in and cash. didn't look into the finance deals

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Thank you so much so it's a New model coming out...
    Yes rang about 10 today was getting AFRAID to mention EV niro lot of them couldn't be arsed mullingar where great very helpful but after Friday week they'll know more it seems how many cars etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Is there a "paddy spec" nero and does anyone know how does it differ from the UK version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

dbran wrote: »
    Is there a "paddy spec" nero and does anyone know how does it differ from the UK version?

The paddy spec is a bit different than UK. Not that you can buy it now anyway, so it's a bit moot. Sounds like there may be a new spec for next year known in about 10 days, so it might be worth waiting to hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

Hi all. I’m looking for assistance if possible with my Niro. I love it but have noticed something for the past little while. I have set for scheduled charging and pre heating and that’s how I noticed the issue. Simply the charging would start when I come home and also car wasn’t always pre heated in morning. I just checked tonight what’s going on. When I plugged in and car started charging again. It started off low and then ramped up to 7.2 as normal but the estimated charge completion was 17.5 hours and it really shouldn’t be. It seems to be overriding the schedule charging and location charging. I’m also fairly confident firmware is latest as was when I got in July and don’t feel there has been as update since. Please help if you can. I’m open to all ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭KCross

kevin16w wrote: »
    Hi all. I’m looking for assistance if possible with my Niro. I love it but have noticed something for the past little while. I have set for scheduled charging and pre heating and that’s how I noticed the issue. Simply the charging would start when I come home and also car wasn’t always pre heated in morning. I just checked tonight what’s going on. When I plugged in and car started charging again. It started off low and then ramped up to 7.2 as normal but the estimated charge completion was 17.5 hours and it really shouldn’t be. It seems to be overriding the schedule charging and location charging. I’m also fairly confident firmware is latest as was when I got in July and don’t feel there has been as update since. Please help if you can. I’m open to all ideas.

Is it a Zappi charge point?

KCross wrote: »

No I have evbox. I didn’t think it would be the box as the speed is coming in ok at 7.2kw/h. Maybe it is my box. What do you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭KCross

No I have evbox. I didn’t think it would be the box as the speed is coming in ok at 7.2kw/h. Maybe it is my box. What do you think.

There is a known issue with the way the Zappi works that causes an identical issue as you describe where it shows a really long charge time which then gives unexpected charge results.

I dont know anything about EVbox but its possible it has the same behavior. It sounds like it anyway based on what you've described.

Basically, when you plug the car in it communicates with the charge point to see what the max rate it can pull from the charge point and it then uses that to calulate the required charge time which is used in conjunction with your charge timers later that night.

For the Zappi it had the behavior of slowly ramping the rate up to 7kW but the car only senses the rate for a second or so when it is plugged in and doesnt get 7kW in that timeframe so then gives a stupid charge time reading. The EVbox sounds like it does the same thing.

There was a setting in the Zappi to change how it behaved. As I said, I know nothing about EVbox so I think it might be time to pull out the manual or contact their support for advice.

There is a known issue with the way the Zappi works that causes an identical issue as you describe where it shows a really long charge time which then gives unexpected charge results.

I dont know anything about EVbox but its possible it has the same behavior. It sounds like it anyway based on what you've described.

Basically, when you plug the car in it communicates with the charge point to see what the max rate it can pull from the charge point and it then uses that to calulate the required charge time which is used in conjunction with your charge timers later that night.

For the Zappi it had the behavior of slowly ramping the rate up to 7kW but the car only senses the rate for a second or so when it is plugged in and doesnt get 7kW in that timeframe so then gives a stupid charge time reading. The EVbox sounds like it does the same thing.

There was a setting in the Zappi to change how it behaved. As I said, I know nothing about EVbox so I think it might be time to pull out the manual or contact their support for advice.

Thanks, I’ll reach out and see. It just seems unusual to be occurring more recently and had been working fine.

There is a new update. It's from earlier this year, where our cars were released with software from 2018. I don't know if it addresses this issue though.

Reach out (:rolleyes:) to your dealer.

There is a new update. It's from earlier this year, where our cars were released with software from 2018. I don't know if it addresses this issue though.

Reach out (:rolleyes:) to your dealer.

Cheers, i will do. I have reached out to EvBox already this morning and they will remotely access the station when they can and see if they can fix it. They havent said it was the car at all so maybe they know about it, similar to Zappi.

Ill probably drop into the dealers shortly anyway and see if there is an update available too. No harm in keeping up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Has anyone priced the 1st service I've been quoted €199 ! Considering it's €99 for other EVs and it's basically a kick of the tyres very surprised

Has anyone priced the 1st service I've been quoted €199 ! Considering it's €99 for other EVs and it's basically a kick of the tyres very surprised

I haggled in a service pack, as I did with my last EV. Ballix would only give me 3 years though. I got 5 with the Ioniq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Most of my ICE services cost less than €199!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭zg3409

Shop around. Prices vary by dealer. Ask them what is being changed. I have never heard of an EV service being that expensive. Assuming only cabin air filter is changed it should be less than 100

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Leaf service for me with main dealer is €76, I change my own air filter - 3 minute job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

slave1 wrote: »
    Leaf service for me with main dealer is €76, I change my own air filter - 3 minute job

What is the price of the filter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

JohnC. wrote: »
    The paddy spec is a bit different than UK. Not that you can buy it now anyway, so it's a bit moot. Sounds like there may be a new spec for next year known in about 10 days, so it might be worth waiting to hear that.

I am being told by my dealer that the spec of the car I am getting in January is essentially the 1st edition spec. He is rather silent on whether it is a paddy "spec". I guess he may come back to me in a few days with an update.

Also I am told Kia will not register any new electric vehicles until January 2020.

Dran

dbran wrote: »
    I am being told by my dealer that the spec of the car I am getting in January is essentially the 1st edition spec. He is rather silent on whether it is a paddy "spec". I guess he may come back to me in a few days with an update.

Also I am told Kia will not register any new electric vehicles until January 2020.

Dran

1st spec isn't all that bad. The lack of LED headlights does let it down a bit though. For some people, the lack of App would be a biggie, it isn't for me. I thought that the 7" screen would be an issue for me, but I'm now used to it and it's no problem.

It has the adaptive cruise, auto emergency braking, lane follow etc. The regen linked to the radar is a great feature. It has loads of poke too! All in all, not a bad package.

The newer spec will be around €2k more, but I think it's worth it for the LED headlights, app and 10.25 screen. I'm sure some won't think it is.

The thing about not registering EVs before 2020 is probably to do with the emissions payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Speaking to dealer yesterday who said he is getting 1 Niro before Xmas and then has no dates yet for 2020 at least April he said. All dealers got the same notification..
    Bit disappointed was looking at this or a Kona but not sure I can’t wait till mid next year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,609 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Friend ordered an eNiro a few weeks ago, told delivery was in March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

They had been promising order of 10 arriving Jan, now saying there is a 12 week delivery time once they can place the order and they are not sure when they can do that yet so no real solid dates only a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭championc

Ordered mine last week. Hoping for late March and Salesman reasonably happy more on the balance of probability that there will be a batch in March, following a January batch.

There is no hints or expectation as to when the Second Edition is coming and could be right down to when the ship docks.

Mind you, dealers now have the PHEV with the 10.25" screen so you would have expected the assembly line to be using the same dashboard right across the whole Into range.

There is possibly a general consensus that if Kia formally announced the Second Edition, that sales for the First Edition would stall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

championc wrote: »
    Ordered mine last week. Hoping for late March and Salesman reasonably happy more on the balance of probability that there will be a batch in March, following a January batch.

There is no hints or expectation as to when the Second Edition is coming and could be right down to when the ship docks.

Mind you, dealers now have the PHEV with the 10.25" screen so you would have expected the assembly line to be using the same dashboard right across the whole Into range.

There is possibly a general consensus that if Kia formally announced the Second Edition, that sales for the First Edition would stall.
    Did you trade in or buy straight?

Advertisement