Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    Aye and like the 7 year warranty on Kia and still slightly lower prices than Hyundai. I'm with you there. If the cars were seen as similar level, than the Niro would be at least €4k more than the Kona

A bit less of a difference than that surely because it's a Kia, but I doubt they will be about the same price!

As no prices for either out it’s hard to guess....

They are still a Kia and a Hyundai....it’s not like they can ask for 40k and expect to sell them ....they need to price right or it will stay where it is and I will wait for VW

Ok, so got in contact with the dealer. More less they are saying that Kia might not bring into Ireland....

Saying pricing could be issue and if it worth bringing the car to market with such low uptake of sales....then pointed me towards a Cee'd????

The email wasn't very clear so I clarified if he is saying Kia are not bringing to market. Will see what comes back and then contact Kia direct.

Kia Ireland didn't import the Soul EV for that reason of low volume sales or fear of it, if Kia think the Niro will sell in low volume they won't import it, they need to import in volume.

Kia Ireland didn't import the Soul EV for that reason of low volume sales or fear of it, if Kia think the Niro will sell in low volume they won't import it, they need to import in volume.

It's a bit of a surprise with the uptake in the Ioniq, I would have expected Kia to see that as a guide to how it will sell here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The guy I dealt with when i bought my hybrid Niro told me they couldn't keep them in stock they were selling that many... I've seen a handful of them though so I don't know how true that was lol! Unless they only had a small number to begin with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok, so got in contact with the dealer. More less they are saying that Kia might not bring into Ireland....

Saying pricing could be issue and if it worth bringing the car to market with such low uptake of sales....then pointed me towards a Cee'd????

The email wasn't very clear so I clarified if he is saying Kia are not bringing to market. Will see what comes back and then contact Kia direct.

You met the "Ah shure, you don't want that car, you want this car kind of dealer."

I'd never darken their door again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

They sell very little because they bring very little...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Ok, so got in contact with the dealer. More less they are saying that Kia might not bring into Ireland.....

Fits in with what I was told in April ( see post #123 )

Perhaps Kia have 'an understanding' with Hyundai on selling BEVs into Ireland ?

0lddog wrote: »
    Fits in with what I was told in April ( see post #123 )

Perhaps Kia have 'an understanding' with Hyundai on selling BEVs into Ireland ?

He did come back to me and said he wasn't 100% sure and was going to contact Kia and see what they have to say about it. This was after I confirmed to him I am only interested in BEV cars and nothing else

His comment is "Kia will only do it if the price and the market is there for it "

So maybe everyone shoudl start bombarding Kia Ireland asking for the Niro BEV....I know I have emailed them twice already:p

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

So maybe everyone shoudl start bombarding Kia Ireland asking for the Niro BEV....I know I have emailed them twice already:p

Just sent them an enquiry on their website!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

I'll send an enquiry although I'm a little more taken with the Kona EV.

The EV is coming in Nov - per Kia on FB :D

tk123 wrote: »
    The EV is coming in Nov - per Kia on FB :D

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

;)

That's funny, going to send that to the Dealer who said he didnt think it would come in

That's funny, going to send that to the Dealer who said he didnt think it would come in

I would lol or tag them on that thread. :pac:

tk123 wrote: »
    I would lol or tag them on that thread. :pac:

I want him to do a deal with me :P

I want him to do a deal with me :P

He can buy you silence with a discount lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Video review of the new Nero EV (Korean) but worth a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ_0z6zSnn8

at 2:55 in it shows the digital dash giving 382km of range

This other Korean review at 2:00 showing 421km range at 92% charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmzPKA_hjV4

Another video review of the new Niro EV, in Spanish, concentrating mostly on the interior of the car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rD8-3c9NHQ

So far I prefer the look of the interior on this compared to the Kona

Some of that might be because it is black over the grey which I dont like on the Kona.....I would like to get a look at the Kona BEV interior in black

Also not in that Smurf blue exterior

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

So far I prefer the look of the interior on this compared to the Kona

Some of that might be because it is black over the grey which I dont like on the Kona.....I would like to get a look at the Kona BEV interior in black

Also not in that Smurf blue exterior

Interior looks better and there seems to be more legroom in the back. Also, the floor looks to be completely flat in the back like the Teslas.

Interior looks better and there seems to be more legroom in the back. Also, the floor looks to be completely flat in the back like the Teslas.

I sat into the Kona, petrol entry model. Was actually bigger than I expected

I then went to Kia and sat into the PHEV. Was very impressed with size. The Misses was with me this time and she was extremely impressed. Comparing to the eGolf.

At the same garage was the Stonic, she went over, sat in....too small and got out....she then went over and started asking the seller about buying the BEV.....so it got seal of approval.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I know it's only a small thing, but it drives me nuts that they cannot line up the heater controls with the screen etc.

Perhaps it's just me, but sat in a Kona and everything lined up nicely

eagerv wrote: »
    I know it's only a small thing, but it drives me nuts that they cannot line up the heater controls with the screen etc.

Perhaps it's just me, but sat in a Kona and everything lined up nicely

I don't want to dig deeper into that... All seems ok, but I know if you showed us, it would drive me crazy as well... ;)

icom wrote: »
    Another video review of the new Niro EV, in Spanish, concentrating mostly on the interior of the car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rD8-3c9NHQ

The guy has added English subtitles :)

The guy has added English subtitles :)

For first half. Rest will be added soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I notice that car had a sunroof :)

Message to anyone from Kia reading this thread : The Irish market would very much like sunroof to be available on BEV Niro, please!

Advertisement