Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Meh I don't want a sunroof as the a/c is perfect for me... but it needs to have a heated steering wheel like my normal Niro lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

eagerv wrote: »
    I know it's only a small thing, but it drives me nuts that they cannot line up the heater controls with the screen etc.

Perhaps it's just me, but sat in a Kona and everything lined up nicely

Sorry about quality of picture but is this what you mean>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

tk123 wrote: »
    Meh I don't want a sunroof as the a/c is perfect for me... but it needs to have a heated steering wheel like my normal Niro lol

Fresh air & greater range rather then a/c for me please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

0lddog wrote: »
    Fresh air & greater range rather then a/c for me please :)

I was toasting my hands on the way to work this morning :o:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sorry about quality of picture but is this what you mean>

Yes, it's probably just me. I don't mind cheap, hard plastics etc, as you don't really notice them after a while. But that would drive me mad:)

• Advertisement

Yes, it's probably just me. I don't mind cheap, hard plastics etc, as you don't really notice them after a while. But that would drive me mad:)

I was referencing the lack of alingment between aircon/stereo/screen

I was referencing the lack of alingment between aircon/stereo/screen

Sorry about that, yes it's that alingment which annoys me

Sorry about that, yes it's that alingment which annoys me

Didnt notice it on the PHEV....must try and drop in again and see what it is like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Didnt notice it on the PHEV....must try and drop in again and see what it is like

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/a8JVZb3xSbY/maxresdefault.jpg

grogi wrote: »

I think I need to go for a lie down!....

Only joking, it's quite a nice interior really..

Though just noticed the centre air vents are not symmetrical to the screen..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

The Niro EV is being shown at the Busan Auto Show today.
    Plenty of people having a poke around the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

cros13 wrote: »
    The Niro EV is being shown at the Busan Auto Show today.
    Plenty of people having a poke around the car.

More like two weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Ah.. sorry. I saw a bunch of stuff about the Niro come up from two sources on my feed and assumed it was this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Was sniffing around the Niro hybrid today at a dealer in the North.

Salesman fed me a load of crap about how the EV wouldn't be coming to the UK or Ireland because there's no demand and the PHEV "does everything you need".

Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Was sniffing around the Niro hybrid today at a dealer in the North.

Salesman fed me a load of crap about how the EV wouldn't be coming to the UK or Ireland because there's no demand and the PHEV "does everything you need".

Twat.

Was talking to two dealers in Dublin both said official details in September and cars this year.

Both very confident on that and had a good understanding of the car and specs. Would have expected a hard sell on the PHEV if they didn't expect the BEV this year...

Kia Ireland have stated that it is definitely coming.

Kia UK are still being a little vague, "planning to bring it" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Called into local Kia dealer today to take a look inside their demo Niro.

Tild me they still haven't received training on EV model. They've been told it will be late 2018 (register for 2019) before they get the first models. No hint on pricing yet but Kia is very aware that they can't price it too high or it nust wont add up for buyer's.

I liked the interior of the demo hybrid they had. I'd be moving down a bit in size from a Sportage but it still seemed a reasonable size to me. Dealer took my details and said he'd give me a call when they get some definite details from Kia Ireland.

dee75 wrote: »
    They've been told it will be late 2018 (register for 2019) before they get the first models.

Got pretty much the same story from Kia in Coleraine up North. The girl there knows her stuff, sold a few Soul EVs. She went and checked with head office before ringing back.

She said it was initially slated for 2019 but Kia were trying to bring it forward to have it in dealerships with price info by the end of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Bjorn Nyland (Teslabjorn) is going to Korea at the beginning of September to test the Niro EV.

As the car is already on sale there he's going to visit a friend and will be getting a loan of the car from a customer who has already bought the car, so he can do any test he wants and say what he wants about it without restriction (from KIA).

He talks about this (at 7 minutes)in his latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QieBqz6LKzo&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Thanks, will look forward to that.

• Advertisement

dee75 wrote: »
    Called into local Kia dealer today to take a look inside their demo Niro.

Tild me they still haven't received training on EV model. They've been told it will be late 2018 (register for 2019) before they get the first models. No hint on pricing yet but Kia is very aware that they can't price it too high or it nust wont add up for buyer's.

I liked the interior of the demo hybrid they had. I'd be moving down a bit in size from a Sportage but it still seemed a reasonable size to me. Dealer took my details and said he'd give me a call when they get some definite details from Kia Ireland.

Blanchardstown Kia said they had already got the training....

Excellent, looking forward to Bjorn's testing.

I'll be gutted if it ends up too much more expensive than the Kona.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Bjorn said September 5th to 10th for his Niro test. Will be great to see that!

Had a look at Kia's Korean website as the car is on sale there it has all info.

Interestingly it only rates it as a range of 385kms ;( Was hoping for more given the Kona's numbers.

http://www.kia.com/kr/vehicles/niro-ev/features.html

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Bjorn said September 5th to 10th for his Niro test. Will be great to see that!

Had a look at Kia's Korean website as the car is on sale there it has all info.

Interestingly it only rates it as a range of 385kms ;( Was hoping for more given the Kona's numbers.

http://www.kia.com/kr/vehicles/niro-ev/features.html

Bigger car so even with a 64kWh battery it will have less range

I posted a few pages back as well, it looks like Kia are using a "cheaper" battery than Hyundai. I can't remember the details. So maybe the range will be reduced as well...

Still 385km....if that gave me 300km motorway speed then I would be a very happy man

It's more expensive to the Kona....

The Kona based on my translate pages is 46,500,000 or 48,500,000

The Niro is 47,970,000 or 52,070,000....no idea if the 2 prices are the battery options?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nah, the prices are too close for it to be the batteries. Must both be 64kWh with different trim / spec levels. Based on this presumption, the Niro base is only 3% more than the Kona base. I'd say DrPhil can live with that :)

unkel wrote: »
    Nah, the prices are too close for it to be the batteries. Must both be 64kWh with different trim / spec levels. Based on this presumption, the Niro base is only 3% more than the Kona base. I'd say DrPhil can live with that :)

That would be my take on it, its trim level. I went with the lower trim and based on the translate I then had to add on home charging cable and a few other option. I would guess the higher spec had these included.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

3,500,000 WON is around €2,700, maybe that will be the max price difference?

liamog wrote: »
    3,500,000 WON is around €2,700, maybe that will be the max price difference?

Hyundai would class themselves as a more premium brand. Maybe they are trying to differentiate by the battery....so Kona has better battery but smaller....Niro is bigger but less quality battery

Just pure guesswork here

Unless they f**k up like Nissan I would still go Niro

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Based on this presumption, the Niro base is only 3% more than the Kona base. I'd say DrPhil can live with that :)

I won't be chasing the base though...

Advertisement