Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

championc wrote: »
    My car is at the dealership and I'll pick it up in the morning. Maybe I now see why the website hasn't been updated. It appears that it's basically an MY19 with the large screen. So sorry folks but no Led lights and no heatpump.
    Delighted to hear you're getting your hands on it but disappointed to hear about the 2020 changes. So the €4k price hike is effectively justified by a larger navigation screen! Hopefully you uncover more positive changes when you get a chance to do some exploration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Delighted to hear you're getting your hands on it but disappointed to hear about the 2020 changes. So the €4k price hike is effectively justified by a larger navigation screen! Hopefully you uncover more positive changes when you get a chance to do some exploration.

Big deal, it will have UVO "soon".

I'm looking for confirmation that it has the full MY19 spec and that nothing has been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

It is a nicer screen though 😀 it fits with the dash a lot better

It almost looks as if the website price is correct and that the dealer has got it wrong.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Big deal, it will have UVO "soon".

I'm looking for confirmation that it has the full MY19 spec and that nothing has been removed.
    Thanks for the photos. At least the uvo is on the main screen.

Sucks about the heat pump, it should have the high beam assist tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

No buttons for seat ventilation or blind-spot collision warning either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can anyone confirm that these things are on the UK version of the MY20?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that these things are on the UK version of the MY20?

The UK company and cars are nothing to do with Ireland. The UK cars have leather seats. Neither Irish nor UK have BSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Hi was wondering how do you know if your car is second edition or first? We are due to get our car shortly hopefully next week as got call from dealer earlier in the week.

We were not told there was different models so not sure what we ordered?

Also where do you check the shipping details etc?

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    Hi was wondering how do you know if your car is second edition or first? We are due to get our car shortly hopefully next week as got call from dealer earlier in the week.

We were not told there was different models so not sure what we ordered?

Also where do you check the shipping details etc?
    Tbe simplest answers are the price and tbe size of the display/console screen. The old price was €37k and has increased to €41k for the 2020 model (after SEAI grant). The 2020 model (also known as eNiro '4' for some reason), has a 10.25" screen instead of the 8" from the previous version.. Unfortunately, the specs for the new model on the Irish market have not been shared, so while we wait for the first cars to wheel out of the garage we're largely speculating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

I got my frunk on Monday. The amount of storage it creates is amazing. I posted a picture of a storage box that I had fitted previously. The back box of the frunk took all of the stuff that it held. It's a bit expensive at €200 delivered, but it'll make a huge difference to me on a long run, with the extra cables and stuff I carry then.

IMG-20200312-111445-1.jpg

Would you know if the e-Niro and the e-Soul frunks are the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Tbe simplest answers are the price and tbe size of the display/console screen. The old price was €37k and has increased to €41k for the 2020 model (after SEAI grant). The 2020 model (also known as eNiro '4' for some reason), has a 10.25" screen instead of the 8" from the previous version.. Unfortunately, the specs for the new model on the Irish market have not been shared, so while we wait for the first cars to wheel out of the garage we're largely speculating.

Just saw a 2nd hand Kia e niro1st edition that can be brought in for under 35k euro. Would this be a better buy than a newer one as specs may not be as good

My e-Niro is home. It's such a beautiful drive. I never had a test drive and had literally only sat in a showroom one for 5 mins last year.

It's definitely a Model 4. The VIN includes GUL rather than GUK for the 3.

While, as I said yesterday, it doesn't have the LED headlights, it does have the new rear cluster. Mine is Black and the seats are a black leather (ette) with blue stitching (matching the blue identifiers on the bumpers). It has Front and Rear Parking Sensors, and Front and Rear Heated Seats. As I confirmed yesterday, it also does not have a heatpump.

But overall, I'm delighted. Delighted with the colour, the tech, the power. The power is also so precise. You could literally drive it forward or back 5 cm.

So many buttons and functions to learn about :)

physioman wrote: »
    Just saw a 2nd hand Kia e niro1st edition that can be brought in for under 35k euro. Would this be a better buy than a newer one as specs may not be as good
    The 2020 spec will invariably be better than the 2019 FE spec (bigger screen, UVO app support (hopefully), so €35k for second-hand car that has an RRP of €37,495 seems high priced. There does appear to be very little supply though and you would be cutting the waiting list (and it's anyone's guess when new orders will be available), but in economic terms only, hard to see it as good value.

A few pics

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

A few pics

Looks gorgeous, jealous :p Must have been lovely to drive it home and feel the power of the electric engine

I nearly forgot. The salesman mentioned that the lower two prongs of the Type-2 connector are metal and he feels that that will now allow 11kw charging rather than just 7kw.

It almost sounds like if two more prongs would imply a 3 phase connection, which would therefore be 22kw.

I nearly forgot. The salesman mentioned that the lower two prongs of the Type-2 connector are metal and he feels that that will now allow 11kw charging rather than just 7kw.

It almost sounds like if two more prongs would imply a 3 phase connection, which would therefore be 22kw.

3 phase is 16amp per phase not 32 on the Kona, look under the bonnet it should say on the charger

Should be 11kw and also should supply a 3 phase cable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

peposhi wrote: »
    Would you know if the e-Niro and the e-Soul frunks are the same?

No, it isn't. The Soul frunk can be bought from the same place though... http://www.frunk.at/Kia-Soul/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

A few pics

Nice!
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The 2020 spec will invariably be better than the 2019 FE spec (bigger screen, UVO app support (hopefully), so €35k for second-hand car that has an RRP of €37,495 seems high priced. There does appear to be very little supply though and you would be cutting the waiting list (and it's anyone's guess when new orders will be available), but in economic terms only, hard to see it as good value.

I paid €38,500 for my FE last July. Even if the 2nd hand car was 2019 (without a huge mileage) it would be reasonable value due to rarity. If it's a 2020 FE it would be good value. Don't forget that the UK first editions had a better spec than the Irish ones.

I've just spied my Niro on my dealers Instagram stories on a transporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭zg3409

graememk wrote: »
    3 phase is 16amp per phase not 32 on the Kona, look under the bonnet it should say on the charger

I think it says on the charger total amps not kw

Beware there have been stories of dealers NOT providing the correct cable to allow the full 11kw to be used at public 3 phase outlets. Check when collecting your car that the cable supports 3 phase and test it on a public charger with 3 phase. Very handy that public ('slow') chargers are still free for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭zg3409

I think it says on the charger total amps not kw

Beware there have been stories of dealers NOT providing the correct cable to allow the full 11kw to be used at public 3 phase outlets. Check when collecting your car that the cable supports 3 phase and test it on a public charger with 3 phase. Very handy that public ('slow') chargers are still free for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

A few pics

Did it come with a granny charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I have a 3 phase 32A cable that I tested yesterday at an ESB AC charger at 22kW

Happy to give you a lend of it for testing purposes!

Picking mine up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

A few pics

Beautiful machine! Well wear!

JohnC. wrote: »
    Did it come with a granny charger?

Yep - so the Type-2 and the granny charger cable. I've checked my Type-2 cable and while it's rated for 32A, it doesn't have any pins in the bottom two holes on the connector, and therefore, the cable would only support 7kw, so will need to be swapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Picking mine up tomorrow.

Nice, what colour did you go for ?

How many are being delivered, do you know.

Advertisement