Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭championc

I forgot to mention that I got mats too - really nice ones too I think. The aluminum pedals look the part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

championc wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that I got mats too - really nice ones too I think. The aluminum pedals look the part.
    Yeah, got those too. The black gaps in the pedals are dirt magnets though and not that easy to keep clean.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I was waiting on the weekend to get some nice shots out at the coast (its quite local to me don't worry) but decided to do the responsible thing and stay put and do my usual lazy-ish Sunday.

Here's the new Niro in Platinum Graphite (grey/silver)

I find the lights the same as our previous Sportage no complaints there.

Winter mode still is activated, at what point do I turn it off?

Edit: forgot photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

graememk wrote: »
    I was waiting on the weekend to get some nice shots out at the coast (its quite local to me don't worry) but decided to do the responsible thing and stay put and do my usual lazy-ish Sunday.

Here's the new Niro in Platinum Graphite (grey/silver)

I find the lights the same as our previous Sportage no complaints there.

Winter mode still is activated, at what point do I turn it off?

Edit: forgot photos

Lovely car, enjoy.
    I thought my lights were poor on dipped mode, but discovered the manual levelling was on -3, so when I set it to 0, it made a vast improvement.

I think we can disable Winter mode, never seen it active, even on the coldest days. Aparently according to TeslaBjorn, it doesn't kick in until the temp hits -15, so I think we are safe enough.

Looking forward to seeing more pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Gorgeous, I have a case of car envy :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭obi604

hi

what is the charge rate of the Niro. is it 7 or 11kW?

obi604 wrote: »
    hi

what is the charge rate of the Niro. is it 7 or 11kW?

The new one is 11kw on a 3 phase supply, 7kw on single phase.

I haven't went near a public charge point yet.

Ah I understand about the winter mode now, I just seen it selected in the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭obi604

The new one is 11kw on a 3 phase supply, 7kw on single phase.

I haven't went near a public charge point yet.

when you say new, do you mean the

40 kWh battery = 7 charging

64 kWh battery = 11 charging

I mean if you get one with the 10.25" screen (we've been calling it the Second edition) it's 11,

First edition it's a 7.4kw one.

It only came with a single phase cable though.

icom wrote: »
    I thought my lights were poor on dipped mode, but discovered the manual levelling was on -3, so when I set it to 0, it made a vast improvement.
    They're not bad, but are even better with a pair of Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭championc

The 64kw battery is the only model which has been brought into Ireland. You can charge this getting 7kw using a Single Phase charging cable or 11kw using a 3 Phase charging cable.

Obviously, to get 11kw, the charger must be on a 3 Phase supply. All the ESB public AC chargers are 3 Phase

I think there was at least one 38kwh Niro in ireland, seen it for sale on a dealers website.. i would like to say cork? but cannot be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think there was at least one 38kwh Niro in ireland, seen it for sale on a dealers website.. i would like to say cork? but cannot be sure.

A few of the early demo models from last year were the short range version alright. Not sure you can actually buy one new though.

KCross wrote: »
    A few of the early demo models from last year were the short range version alright. Not sure you can actually buy one new though.

I doubt you'll be able to buy a new one this year of any kind :rolleyes: e -soul anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in getting an e-Niro and looked into the PCP calculator on kia.ie .
    It wants a 40% deposit. Is that for real?
    I wanted to put down say 4K and I'm prepared to pay the resulting monthly installments.
    You can get a 40k+ VW diesel on PCP with a smaller deposit than 4K.

Can someone please let me know if there's a solution or it is indeed 40%+?

Thank you.

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I'm interested in getting an e-Niro and looked into the PCP calculator on kia.ie .
    It wants a 40% deposit. Is that for real?
    I wanted to put down say 4K and I'm prepared to pay the resulting monthly installments.
    You can get a 40k+ VW diesel on PCP with a smaller deposit than 4K.

Can someone please let me know if there's a solution or it is indeed 40%+?

Thank you.

Looks like you selected HP instead of PCP.

I tried there and was able to get a PCP deal on the eNiro with a 4k deposit (it states 10% not 40%)

36 monthly payments of €629.97 with an optional final payment of €15,798.00

icom wrote: »
    Looks like you selected HP instead of PCP.

I tried there and was able to get a PCP deal on the eNiro with a 4k deposit (it states 10% not 40%)

36 monthly payments of €629.97 with an optional final payment of €15,798.00

Ah, thanks for your help! I tried again and it works for me too.

Do you happen to know, with PCP do they usually set the GMFV so that you pretty safely end up with say 4K capital to use as deposit for the next car? (wouldn't try selling it privately, I want the dealer buy it)
    Or usually you have to pay another 4K each 3 years?

Thanks.

Ah, thanks for your help! I tried again and it works for me too.

Do you happen to know, with PCP do they usually set the GMFV so that you pretty safely end up with say 4K capital to use as deposit for the next car? (wouldn't try selling it privately, I want the dealer buy it)
    Or usually you have to pay another 4K each 3 years?

Thanks.

Never used finance or PCP before, but I think at the end of the 3 years, you can either pay the GMFV and the car is yours, or you can just keep paying the monthly amount for a new car. Don't think you need to put down another deposit.

I stand to be corrected, and I'm sure someone with experience of this can comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Hi I was wondering if someone could post the pictures of their "upgraded" version so can see what the updated specs are and see difference between FE and SE (including plugs)

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if someone could post the pictures of their "upgraded" version so can see what the updated specs are and see difference between FE and SE (including plugs)

I should be able to get some this evening.

The seats are leather (ette) are the FE just cloth?
    The new screen/dash
    Heated rear seats
    11kw charger
    App is still coming soon
    High beam assist

Did the first edition have LFA? SE does, am I right it will only be active when cruise control is active?

Any other things you would like photos of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I should be able to get some this evening.

The seats are leather (ette) are the FE just cloth?
    The new screen/dash
    Heated rear seats
    11kw charger
    App is still coming soon
    High beam assist

Did the first edition have LFA? SE does, am I right it will only be active when cruise control is active?

Any other things you would like photos of?

The FE has "vegan leather" seats as well. :D

It also has LFA and the dash looks to be the same as the SE, but the infotainment screen is a lot smaller.
    No, heated rear seats.
    7kW charger.
    No high beam assist.
    No app.

Those seem to be the differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Does the FE not have high beam assist? It's listed on the site, even with a video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

JohnC. wrote: »
    Does the FE not have high beam assist? It's listed on the site, even with a video.

If you mean that the high beam dips when you fiddle with the lighting stalk.... then yes. :D

That's probably a video of the UK FE before it was stripped out for the Irish market. I remember the image on the Kia site last year showing the car with LED headlights and an 8" screen. Very different from the car that they sold.

I've just noticed that the UVO App finally seems to be available now on the Android Play Store for Irish users.

I deleted the old version I'd sideloaded from an apk and reinstalled it, logged in and tried to "Add my car" again by entering the VIN.

Last time I tried this it refused point blank with the message "Invalid VIN" or something like that, but this time it paused a while and came back with "The import request failed because the network connection of this car is unstable." whatever that means.

So, a bit inconclusive, but it looks like something's happening on the UVO App front at last.

Alun wrote: »
    I've just noticed that the UVO App finally seems to be available now on the Android Play Store for Irish users.

I deleted the old version I'd sideloaded from an apk and reinstalled it, logged in and tried to "Add my car" again by entering the VIN.

Last time I tried this it refused point blank with the message "Invalid VIN" or something like that, but this time it paused a while and came back with "The import request failed because the network connection of this car is unstable." whatever that means.

So, a bit inconclusive, but it looks like something's happening on the UVO App front at last.

Ohhh!!!

On your car (hybrid) do you have a uvo app in the menu?

Do you have a uvo signal strength in the top right of the screen

I have a signal icon and a menu item but it's showing no connection (like a phone would be when a sim isn't activated)

Car won't be home until the evening.

Ohhh!!!

On your car (hybrid) do you have a uvo app in the menu?

Do you have a uvo signal strength in the top right of the screen

I have a signal icon and a menu item but it's showing no connection (like a phone would be when a sim isn't activated)

Car won't be home until the evening.
    I don't have the UVO app showing in the menu, although I could have sworn I saw it once when I first got the car. Also no UVO signal strength showing either.

Does any Dublin based dealer that you know of have an e-Niro stock? (not finding any so far)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Does any Dublin based dealer that you know of have an e-Niro stock? (not finding any so far)

eNiros are always in short supply.

Most eNiro buyers order the car and wait months.

However the current economic climate may change matters.

Are they taking orders?????

Old diesel wrote: »

White FE available from stock in Donegal Town
    http://www.herronauto.ie/notice/?id=24558944

• Advertisement

Old diesel wrote: »

Well, the dealer in Airside won't have it until at least August and they're expecting to close soon, so it's all up in the air anyways.
    A dealer in Tallagh said May (which is pretty good), but that's also just theoretical as they're closing today and won't take orders until after they reopen.
    So I guess putting in orders for stock that's not in yet won't work.

Advertisement