Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

icom wrote: »
    White FE available from stock in Donegal Town
    http://www.herronauto.ie/notice/?id=24558944

Thank you. That's a bit too far though & we'd like a black one.

BTW, what does "FE" stand for please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

xboxdad wrote: »
    Thank you. That's a bit too far though & we'd like a black one.

BTW, what does "FE" stand for please?

FE = First Edition and was the type of eNiro they were selling up to now.

They've made changes to the infortainment screen and the dashboard and other bits very recently.

These changes are what people are calling Second Edition or SE.

But I don't think Kia call the Second Edition the second Edition. They call it the 4 I believe.

There's pics of the new dash in the last few pages as someone took delivery of one and posted pictures.

Old diesel wrote: »
    FE = First Edition and was the type of eNiro they were selling up to now.

They've made changes to the infortainment screen and the dashboard and other bits very recently.

These changes are what people are calling Second Edition or SE.

But I don't think Kia call the Second Edition the second Edition. They call it the 4 I believe.

There's pics of the new dash in the last few pages as someone took delivery of one and posted pictures.

Ah, I see. Thank you.
    We'd need the SE so because I read it has updated headlights and my wife doesn't see too well when it starts getting dark to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭championc

Ah, I see. Thank you.
    We'd need the SE so because I read it has updated headlights and my wife doesn't see too well when it starts getting dark to start with.

The first batch of SE's have the original Halogen headlights. No telling as to what the next batch might have. We did get the updated tail lights though

championc wrote: »
    The first batch of SE's have the original Halogen headlights. No telling as to what the next batch might have. We did get the updated tail lights though

That's interesting. On Google the new screen was always mentioned alongside the new LED headlights as part of the 2020 facelift. I didn't expect they'd break the update up into two phases or something.

• Advertisement

That's interesting. On Google the new screen was always mentioned alongside the new LED headlights as part of the 2020 facelift. I didn't expect they'd break the update up into two phases or something.

It's all about it being a Paddy Spec. Read back a few pages for all the pics and details

UVO - see attached pic

It's all about it being a Paddy Spec. Read back a few pages for all the pics and details

UVO - see attached pic

Yeah, I'm catching up with the thread slowly..
    Well, removing say heated rear seats is cost saving.
    Removing a much needed fix for an essential safety feature is something else.. I'm hoping that's not where this story ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

That's interesting. On Google the new screen was always mentioned alongside the new LED headlights as part of the 2020 facelift.

There was never anything official on the Irish 2020 facelift. Next month apparently. It's probably the UK facelift you were finding on Google.

JohnC. wrote: »
    There was never anything official on the Irish 2020 facelift. Next month apparently. It's probably the UK facelift you were finding on Google.

Yes, it was all UK information. I'm hoping they'll announce the same here next month.

To be honest, I find the Halogen headlights perfectly adequate. And if you're driving, it's not like you can see and admire them

• Advertisement

To be honest, I find the Halogen headlights perfectly adequate. And if you're driving, it's not like you can see and admire them

I'm sure the current spec is a great car as it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I had a problem with the headlights when I got the car first, so I installed LED bulbs. This didn't really help. I bought good quality halogen bulbs and the difference is very noticeable. They're not anything special, not Night Breakers or anything like that, but much, much better than the ones fitted by Kia.

I reckon I got dodgy LED bulbs too. Maybe a branded set would be better.

Anyway, the headlights are grand now. :)

I had a problem with the headlights when I got the car first, so I installed LED bulbs. This didn't really help. I bought good quality halogen bulbs and the difference is very noticeable. They're not anything special, not Night Breakers or anything like that, but much, much better than the ones fitted by Kia.

That's good to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Brilliant! That was my biggest concern with both the Niro and the Kona. May suss out the lead time on orders now or will it need to be a 211 plate

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Just setup the uvo, was a fairly painless affair, after I figured out I had to activate it on the car side and accept the terms and conditions!

Also is can easily be shared with another person with their own account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

graememk wrote: »
    Just setup the uvo, was a fairly painless affair, after I figured out I had to activate it on the car side and accept the terms and conditions!

Also is can easily be shared with another person with their own account.
    That's good news.

I'm still puzzled as to the lack of it on my PHEV though. I don't see anything uvo related at all on my head unit to activate. Unless Kia were lying about the availability of it on the PHEV that is.

I've just activated my UVO too and it connects to the car ok. I had actually activated it in the car a few days ago when trying to find out as to how the car would be connected to a WiFi access point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Have you tried unlocking the car with the app? I watched a video of one of the first UK customers with the new model and the app wasn’t unlocking the car. It seemed to think it did, but didn’t actually do it. Everything else worked though.

JohnC. wrote: »
    Have you tried unlocking the car with the app? I watched a video of one of the first UK customers with the new model and the app wasn’t unlocking the car. It seemed to think it did, but didn’t actually do it. Everything else worked though.

Indicators flash and nothing happens, exactly the same as the UK ones.

It locks fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

graememk wrote: »
    I should be able to get some this evening.

The seats are leather (ette) are the FE just cloth?
    The new screen/dash
    Heated rear seats
    11kw charger
    App is still coming soon
    High beam assist

Did the first edition have LFA? SE does, am I right it will only be active when cruise control is active?

Any other things you would like photos of?

Thanks very much just from reading seems SE we got as heated rear car seats. Also there is no vents right beside the screen on the dash board. But when we picked up car they said granny cable was with it (have not checked actually since we picked it up) but saw people saying SE not have granny cable?

• Advertisement

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    Thanks very much just from reading seems SE we got as heated rear car seats. Also there is no vents right beside the screen on the dash board. But when we picked up car they said granny cable was with it (have not checked actually since we picked it up) but saw people saying SE not have granny cable?

The vents are just below the screen.

Mine came with a granny cable and a single phase type 2 cable

We are looking to get a 3 phase type 2 cable to avail of the 3 phase charging at an SCP.

There is also a vent for the rear seats.

I just wrote to admin@kiaireland.ie (listed on kia.com) and got a call back from Joe Duffy Airside saying nothing changed since I spoke to them yesterday. Yeah.. So by visiting kia.ie/kia.com I wanted to reach someone who has an overview on the entire Irish KIA situation and all Irish dealers to help me find a dealer with the best chance to source a car. Didn't expect the same single dealer call me back that I spoke to yesterday with no info at all... Is there no parent organization to dealers I can contact?

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Trying to communicate with Kia Ireland is a waste of time in my experience. They refer you back to the dealer every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Anyone know what the current waiting period is for the E-Niro? Rang the Kia dealer I've bought both the C'eed and Sportage from has told me it'll be over a year before I'd get one. Might ring some other dealers to see

tomister wrote: »
    Anyone know what the current waiting period is for the E-Niro? Rang the Kia dealer I've bought both the C'eed and Sportage from has told me it'll be over a year before I'd get one. Might ring some other dealers to see

This is the longest I heard so far..
    Airside dealer told me August at least.
    Tallagh dealer told me May, but can't take orders/closing
    It sounds all of them are guessing. Which isn't too surprising in the current climate.
    ..but it'd be great if there was a parent organization that we could talk to instead of listening to all the guesses of individual dealers.

I'm looking at Carzone and saw an e-Niro FE and multiple Niro PHEVs with 10kms on clock.
    Why do they sell them advertised like that? Some loophole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm looking at Carzone and saw an e-Niro FE and multiple Niro PHEVs with 10kms on clock.
    Why do they sell them advertised like that? Some loophole?
    Exactly. It's just an ad to get you to call. In many cases, the car will not be in stock at all. Honestly, if there was a way to skip the queue and get an eNiro without ordering and expecting a long wait, we'd all have done it by now. The reality is that before 'the thing', there was a minimum of a 6 month waiting list unless you got real lucky (~ 4 months). Since then? Coin toss.

tomister wrote: »

Liffey Valley reckoned July. In fairness to them, he had always said I'd get mine in Mid March (when re-ordering in November) but I threw myself off by watching for an Eukor ship that wasn't coming.

I'm still no wiser as to how they came into the country, or from where. There were 15km on the clock recorded on 05 Mar, so that was certainly not in Pyeongtaek, since it arrived into Dublin Port on about 12 Mar

Exactly. It's just an ad to get you to call. In many cases, the car will not be in stock at all. Honestly, if there was a way to skip the queue and get an eNiro without ordering and expecting a long wait, we'd all have done it by now. The reality is that before 'the thing', there was a minimum of a 6 month waiting list unless you got real lucky (~ 4 months). Since then? Coin toss.

Well, I don't believe I can skip the queue, but at this stage I can't even put an order in. At least this could possibly be resolved I guess, even if dates are moving. Having a slot on a list is still better than not having one at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Well, I don't believe I can skip the queue, but at this stage I can't even put an order in. At least this could possibly be resolved I guess, even if dates are moving. Having a slot on a list is still better than not having one at all.

I'm surprised that there are still some FE eNiros available to buy today, the FE is still a fantastic car and a few grand cheaper than the SE.

Advertisement