Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

DrPhilG wrote: »
    PCP quote for an e-Niro, €5k down, €600 x 36, final value €14,998.

With a cash price of €40,995 that seems like a good price, no? Only €600 for the finance basically.

Awaiting a trade in value to see if it would be worth parting with the i3 through them.

I traded my car in for the niro. Car cost me 39000 in the end which I thought was fair considering I was trading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I traded my car in for the niro. Car cost me 39000 in the end which I thought was fair considering I was trading in.

That depends completely on what you traded in and how much they allowed for it. In general there is very little / nothing in terms of discount on the eNiro, as why would they? Popular car with demand for it greater than supply.

We are lucky we are not in the USA, where in this case a car could easily cost thousands above the recommended retail price!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

unkel wrote: »
    That depends completely on what you traded in and how much they allowed for it. In general there is very little / nothing in terms of discount on the eNiro, as why would they? Popular car with demand for it greater than supply.

We are lucky we are not in the USA, where in this case a car could easily cost thousands above the recommended retail price!

My point is they gave me the car cheaper than the price advertised on their website and chucked in a few extras also.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Did you cancel your AA membership now that you have KIA Assist? - the dealer said you could/should even.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Just got offered €16k trade in for the i3. I think not...

Dealer is emailing me through his figures now. Seems to be talking poop, says I don't have to put anything down as a deposit because the €5k grant acts as the deposit for PCP.

But if that's true then the figures are way too low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Dealer is emailing me through his figures now. Seems to be talking poop, says I don't have to put anything down as a deposit because the €5k grant acts as the deposit for PCP.

What's the cost to change?

How old is your i3 btw

The Carlow Kia Dealer was offering me rock bottom price for my i3 too when I test drove the e-soul.

Think I'll be better off to run it into the ground, nearly 85,800K on it now this time next year there'll be around 122-125K and so far @ 85,800 Kms ,I haven't noticed a single Km rage loss, amazing, I'm really happy with the battery life so far.

This is what worries me, the Niro could indeed be worth 14,900 at the end of year 3 or even less with 60,000 Kms, surely less for me with 105,000 Kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

My point is they gave me the car cheaper than the price advertised on their website and chucked in a few extras also.

Could you maybe detail the price you paid (without trade in) and the extras that you got? IM if you prefer. I would really like to know what I can push for as I'm about to pick up the car. They haven't moved an inch for me so far on anyway, and I tried a few different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

What do you all use to clean the interior of your cars? Having upgraded from a Qashqai the interior is a luxury for me :)

I bought mine on PCP - 5k deposit and traded in Qashqai (had 330,000KM on it :-D). I had debated *not* going PCP and buy withcash later or loan now but *had* to change, Qashqai was falling apart. Taking on a mid-range petrol car would have been uneconomical when I considered running costs and maintenance etc. Total price was (SE) 38k

• Advertisement

I bought mine on PCP - 5k deposit and traded in Qashqai (had 330,000KM on it :-D). I had debated *not* going PCP and buy withcash later or loan now but *had* to change, Qashqai was falling apart. Taking on a mid-range petrol car would have been uneconomical when I considered running costs and maintenance etc. Total price was (SE) 38k

How old was the Qashqai?
    No KIA Dealer wanted to trade in our 2008 Qashqai with 180k on it.
    So now I can't even take the bins out because of the Qashqai sitting in the way...

xboxdad wrote: »
    How old was the Qashqai?
    No KIA Dealer wanted to trade in our 2008 Qashqai with 180k on it.
    So now I can't even take the bins out because of the Qashqai sitting in the way...

:-D It was a 2010, broken wing mirror and a *huge* dent in the front from a few weeks prior (which was when I decided I had to get a new car ... had been researching the **** out of EV's already)

I got the dent because I was showing my 6 year old daughter how icy the roads were by making the car slide left and right .... It crashed into a ditch at like 4km an hour, it was like a car crash in slow motion.

I got the dent because I was showing my 6 year old daughter how icy the roads were by making the car slide left and right .... It crashed into a ditch at like 4km an hour, it was like a car crash in slow motion.

Gobshyte. :D

:-D It was a 2010, broken wing mirror and a *huge* dent in the front from a few weeks prior (which was when I decided I had to get a new car ... had been researching the **** out of EV's already)

You know something I don't. I was offered 0-500 EUR at both dealers I asked and they stressed it'd be more than likely 0.
    ...and no movement on e-Niro price whatsoever.
    Anyways, I love the e-Niro, so I'm happy.

xboxdad wrote: »
    You know something I don't. I was offered 0-500 EUR at both dealers I asked and they stressed it'd be more than likely 0.
    ...and no movement on e-Niro price whatsoever.
    Anyways, I love the e-Niro, so I'm happy.

:) Yeah, from the off the dealer I went to was brilliant. I got 1,500 off for the Qashqai. After all the research I had done I went straight into the dealer, whom I had never met, and within 5 minutes we had agreed the deal and I paid the deposit that night

I tried to arrange a test drive in the e-niro and the Carlow dealer said they have none and this was their response.

"Unfortunately the only e-Niro’s that we have on site are already sold for July and supply is very limited going forward. We have been offering an e-Soul to customers to experience the EV experience which you have already tested so I’m afraid that I will not have an actual “free stock” e-Niro until July and by that time that more than likely will be sold as well. It’s not ideal but that is where we are at this moment in time."

Crazy they don't have any show cars for people to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why? People are buying every one they get without a test drive.

JPA wrote: »
    Why? People are buying every one they get without a test drive.

That's insane, not a hope I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭zg3409

Ring around, stock, colours, and availability are dealer specific and dependant. Just because one dealer does not have a model for test drive or a colour you like, another dealer might. Once you decide you want one you can ring every dealer nationwide for the colour you want and possibly a better trade in discount.

Some dealers only have hybrids, the floor is higher in the BEV, and driving feel is very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

zg3409 wrote: »
    Ring around, stock, colours, and availability are dealer specific and dependant. Just because one dealer does not have a model for test drive or a colour you like, another dealer might. Once you decide you want one you can ring every dealer nationwide for the colour you want and possibly a better trade in discount.

Some dealers only have hybrids, the floor is higher in the BEV, and driving feel is very different.

I contacted Kia Customer Service from their website earlier this week, asking when EV models would be available. This was their response....

"Thank you for contacting Kia Customer Care. Our sales team have informed us that we have stock of the E-Niro in all 5 colours. We recommend to contact your local Kia dealer and if there is any problem to let us know the dealer in question and we can assure them that stock is available."

For those e-Niro owners, what colour did you choose? I was chatting to a Kia dealer recently and he was saying it would be better to choose a dark colour, and avoid the red (my favourite) and white. He said I would have a better chance of reselling or trading in if I had a darker colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

chewed wrote: »
    For those e-Niro owners, what colour did you choose? I was chatting to a Kia dealer recently and he was saying it would be better to choose a dark colour, and avoid the red (my favourite) and white. He said I would have a better chance of reselling or trading in if I had a darker colour.

I got the dark grey last July. Looks great when clean and there is quite a sparkle of the paint in sunlight.

When I was ordering, my dealer had the dark blue. I really like a blue car, but this looked black most of the time. The dealer could change the one he had for any colour. I'd imagine it's the same story now.

I got the dark grey last July. Looks great when clean and there is quite a sparkle of the paint in sunlight.

When I was ordering, my dealer had the dark blue. I really like a blue car, but this looked black most of the time. The dealer could change the one he had for any colour. I'd imagine it's the same story now.

Agreed about the blue....it's really dark and almost black.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

chewed wrote: »
    I contacted Kia Customer Service from their website earlier this week, asking when EV models would be available. This was their response....

"Thank you for contacting Kia Customer Care. Our sales team have informed us that we have stock of the E-Niro in all 5 colours. We recommend to contact your local Kia dealer and if there is any problem to let us know the dealer in question and we can assure them that stock is available."

Are there full EV Niros available from stock at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Bif wrote: »
    Are there full EV Niros available from stock at the moment?
    Check out the carsireland website.

I can see at least 7 eNiro's available from stock in different colours around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I tried to arrange a test drive in the e-niro and the Carlow dealer said they have none and this was their response.

"Unfortunately the only e-Niro’s that we have on site are already sold for July and supply is very limited going forward. We have been offering an e-Soul to customers to experience the EV experience which you have already tested so I’m afraid that I will not have an actual “free stock” e-Niro until July and by that time that more than likely will be sold as well. It’s not ideal but that is where we are at this moment in time."

Sorry but what's to test ? On the same chassis, the Soul and e-Niro will be identical. Also has the same touchscreen.

I'm sure many of us here never got a test drive in either. For my own part, the first time I drove an EV was on the way home from the dealership !!!

championc wrote: »
    Sorry but what's to test ? On the same chassis, the Soul and e-Niro will be identical. Also has the same touchscreen.

I'm sure many of us here never got a test drive in either. For my own part, the first time I drove an EV was on the way home from the dealership !!!

No need to be sorry at all, lol.

I like to test before I drive, each model is different in some way, do I like the interior, steering, does it feel like a boat, how's the road noise ? suspension etc.

For instance, if I had just bought the Kona without test driving it I would have been extremely frustrated with the deafening amount of road noise.

championc wrote: »
    For my own part, the first time I drove an EV was on the way home from the dealership !!!

Yeah, same here. It drives surprisingly "normal". At low speeds I couldn't even tell it wasn't a modern petrol car as even in petrol cars at low revs you only hear the tyre noise and other noises, not the engine. (It's only when you start hammering it on a motorway when you notice it's like a spaceship with no laggy/screaming ICE.)

What I'm missing is a very clear and simple master switch to turn all driving assistance off (that would interfere with steering). ...and it should all default to off anyways.
    Even after switching all sorts of lane related assistance to off / alert-only in settings, it still interfered with my steering at some point which I don't want.

• Advertisement

Same as Championc, I bought mine without physically seeing one :-D I read this thread a lot, watched loads of YouTube videos am delighted with it \o/

Advertisement