Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I still would have chanced starting the charging with the EasyGo app. Worst case, it would have cost the same.

Have you registered a payment card with EasyGo ? I haven't. I wonder what it would do in my case then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

championc wrote: »
    I still would have chanced starting the charging with the EasyGo app. Worst case, it would have cost the same.

Have you registered a payment card with EasyGo ? I haven't. I wonder what it would do in my case then ?

Yes, I had both RFID cards/keys with me. Maybe I'll try it one day. For now I'm perfectly happy with the granny cable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

xboxdad wrote: »
    Yes, I had both RFID cards/keys with me. Maybe I'll try it one day. For now I'm perfectly happy with the granny cable :)

Are you waiting for charge point install? Granny cable should be a backup.

JPA wrote: »
    Are you waiting for charge point install? Granny cable should be a backup.

I contacted Nigel, but he seems very busy, so I'm not sure when it'll get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭zg3409

xboxdad wrote: »
    I just tried DC charging for the first time. It went well except that the EasyGo app said the 50kW ESB charger is "Free of charge". I used my ESB card as I thought that has to be the best card to use with an ESB charger. ...and it charged me 13 EUR.
    So should I have activated the ESB charger with the EasyGo RFID instead?
    Or the EasyGo app is just telling BS?

As I already said I don't think easygo work yet on esb.

Esb can be 0.33 per kWh plus an overstay fee of 5 euro after 45 minutes. They may have taken a pre-auth on your credit card the first time you used them or some other reason. If so they typically give that back within a few days or do not actually take the money in reality. If you filled up with 40kWh of energy then that looks about right, but you possibly hit the 45 minute limit.

• Advertisement

zg3409 wrote: »
    As I already said I don't think easygo work yet on esb.

Esb can be 0.33 per kWh plus an overstay fee of 5 euro after 45 minutes. They may have taken a pre-auth on your credit card the first time you used them or some other reason. If so they typically give that back within a few days or do not actually take the money in reality. If you filled up with 40kWh of energy then that looks about right, but you possibly hit the 45 minute limit.

I didn't activate with EasyGo if that's what you meant when talking about pre-auth/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

Hi all. I have just about 50k km done on my eniro and loving it. I had to drop my wife’s sportage up to dealer for a service and he told me he just had a new eniro in the back that they got through pure opportunity on Friday evening. I tried to get it for my friend today but the time is all wrong for him. I told the dealer I’d put it up here in a hope to get a positive response. Are people looking for one that can be gotten instantly. I can 100% recommend this dealer as have been dealing with them for almost a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ClareGirl70

kevin16w wrote: »
    Hi all. I have just about 50k km done on my eniro and loving it. I had to drop my wife’s sportage up to dealer for a service and he told me he just had a new eniro in the back that they got through pure opportunity on Friday evening. I tried to get it for my friend today but the time is all wrong for him. I told the dealer I’d put it up here in a hope to get a positive response. Are people looking for one that can be gotten instantly. I can 100% recommend this dealer as have been dealing with them for almost a decade.

Yes, I am! What part of the country.
    Thanks.

https://www.kiapressoffice.com/en-gb/releases/1191

I'm wondering how this update will go. App update only or new software for car too?
    update.kia.com doesn't seem to work in Ireland, so we'll need to go to the dealer if it's a car software update it seems.

Just agreed a deal on an E-Niro!
    Now need to sort a home charger. I had been looking at a Garo GLB tethered.......any advice, suggestions welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Just agreed a deal on an E-Niro!
    Now need to sort a home charger. I had been looking at a Garo GLB tethered.......any advice, suggestions welcome.

I'm in the same boat. Looking around for some options on a home charger. I was recommended the Wallbox Pulsar Plus by an installer today. Apparently they're very reliable.

chewed wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Looking around for some options on a home charger. I was recommended the Wallbox Pulsar Plus by an installer today. Apparently they're very reliable.

Thank you. I'll look into that one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Thanks. We got a call from dealership saying the new cable was ready to be picked up.

For chargers, while more expensive, consider a Zappi if you have even a remote possibility of installing Solar PV in the next 5 years

A Zappi allows for surplus solar energy to be diverted to an EV

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Collected my new cable yesterday, it's been there in the dealership for ages but hadn't a chance to collect it. Seemed to charge my far faster (but could be wrong) on a free EasyGo charger. Started charging from on a battery with only 30km left and took to full charge 5 hours and 45 minutes.

Definitely need to get a charge point at home organised (I drive to charge point and run home) but haven't looked into which option or installer yet

Collected my new cable yesterday, it's been there in the dealership for ages but hadn't a chance to collect it. Seemed to charge my far faster (but could be wrong) on a free EasyGo charger. Started charging from on a battery with only 30km left and took to full charge 5 hours and 45 minutes.

Definitely need to get a charge point at home organised (I drive to charge point and run home) but haven't looked into which option or installer yet

It will charge at 11kwh rather than 7kwh, so you get 50% more into the car per hour than previously

Since I got my car, I've been driving it on ECO mode the whole time. This week, I decided to change it to NORMAL mode and my efficency has increased. I have the car set to display km's per KW. I was previously getting in the mid 7's at best, but this week, while on NORMAL mode, I'm now getting into the 8's.

So, so much for ECO mode !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

championc wrote: »
    Since I got my car, I've been driving it on ECO mode the whole time. This week, I decided to change it to NORMAL mode and my efficency has increased. I have the car set to display km's per KW. I was previously getting in the mid 7's at best, but this week, while on NORMAL mode, I'm now getting into the 8's.

So, so much for ECO mode !!!

It probably has more to do with temperature, but I've never found the ECO mode more efficient than the normal mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

test drove one of these today , first time ive ever driven an EV , really impressed , really fast

very small boot however

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    test drove one of these today , first time ive ever driven an EV , really impressed , really fast

very small boot however

Don't bother test driving a Kona electric so. Thats even smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

very small boot however

It's one of the bigger EV boots for it's price. Kona is desperately small. Etron would be bigger, but pricey for it.

It's one of the bigger EV boots for it's price. Kona is desperately small. Etron would be bigger, but pricey for it.

+ Kona has, from my test drive, horrible road noise, the E-Soul was way quieter.

Of course, the packaging trays can be taken out of the spare wheel area

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

Hi Girl 2011, if you picked up your eNiro in January, it was likely the FE (pre-2020), rather than the SE (2020+), which has a higher charging capability (11kw), and benefits from the three phase charging cable. Does your eNiro have the 7" infotainment screen or the 10.5" screen?

It's the SE model got the updated cabel

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vidukasp

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    It's the SE model got the updated cabel

Yep.

The Mrs came with me today to see the niro, she thought the boot was fine so we bought one, traded in a 2012 1.6 diesel

38750 plus her car, her car would be a very hard sell privately due to the make, 40% deposit and 3.9% over four years on the balance

Will have in two weeks as the dealer happened to have a white one

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The Mrs came with me today to see the niro, she thought the boot was fine so we bought one, traded in a 2012 1.6 diesel

38750 plus her car, her car would be a very hard sell privately due to the make, 40% deposit and 3.9% over four years on the balance

Is that less than 3k for her car? I'm not totally in tune with the cost is 2012 cars, by 3kb seems like you were robbed (unless it was a load of crap).

Niro will be nice though. Wear well

Is that less than 3k for her car? I'm not totally in tune with the cost is 2012 cars, by 3kb seems like you were robbed (unless it was a load of crap).

Niro will be nice though. Wear well

We weren't robbed, it's a car that sold about half a dozen in this country,nothing wrong but they didn't sell

We weren't robbed, it's a car that sold about half a dozen in this country

she herself bought it as a four year old car four years ago for small money

Identical car on DD for 4250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best wishes with new car,

And you got the best colour..:)

Advertisement