Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

eagerv wrote: »
    Best wishes with new car,

And you got the best colour..:)

I always choose white, herself will drive to work, I've a commercial land cruiser that's 12 years old, I drive it everywhere if on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I always choose white, herself will drive to work, I've a commercial land cruiser that's 12 years old, I drive it everywhere if on my own

I bet you will be begging to drive the Niro, as I do with my wifes' Ioniq..

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

she herself bought it as a four year old car four years ago for small money

Identical car on DD for 4250

Cool. Fair enough so.

Happy days though, the niro should be great! Seems no one has a bad word to say about it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Cool. Fair enough so.

Happy days though, the niro should be great! Seems no one has a bad word to say about it

The only bad words about the Niro are its availability, its a good car.

Anyone willing to share what they paid for the kia niro?

Straight price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Straight price

Full purchase price for the SE. I didn't have a trade in

championc wrote: »

i was told there was only one model , didnt realise there was a standard edition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

i was told there was only one model , didnt realise there was a standard edition ?

SE is second edition. More of an informal name rather than something official. It's still just the one model, but this years model rather than last years (which you may see referred to as FE, First Edition, on this forum).

may i ask how much you paid ? , no hassle if you prefer not say

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Straight price

List price / MY20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Didn't buy one but checked the cost to change. I would have been trading in my 2018 Ioniq. Was offered 20k for the car. Thought it was too low so didn't bother.

xboxdad wrote: »
    List price / MY20.

got a link to the list price ? , guy told me they were 41 k on the button

Didn't buy one but checked the cost to change. I would have been trading in my 2018 Ioniq. Was offered 20k for the car. Thought it was too low so didn't bother.

What, you thought 20K was too low for a 2 year old car that cost 28k ? :rolleyes:

got a link to the list price ? , guy told me they were 41 k on the button

No link, but that's pretty accurate.

No link, but that's pretty accurate.

you always wonder what they can be bought for straight , before i brought up the trade in , he was at 40700 straight , i argued that 40 k was a good round number , he wouldnt budge but probably would if you pushed hard enough

not worth worrying about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I was offered €16k trade in for a 162 i3 REx with 45k km.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I was offered €16k trade in for a 162 i3 REx with 45k km.

What could you sell it for privately you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What could you sell it for privately you reckon?

Around €20k private, would expect €18k trade.

Last private one I saw was listed at €20.5k

i could have gotten a diesel 192 peugeot 508 with 15 thousand km off the same dealer for 27 k straight , gorgeous saloon , however ,they are very low to the ground and my back would be broke fitting our eighteen month old and three year old into the child seats , im very tall and needed to stoop down to get into the drivers seat as well

the niro is so practical in so many ways

the one we test drove was already sold , amazed we can have a white one in two weeks , assume someone cancelled , salesman stressed this was not normal and we would normally be waiting several months , strange situation but lucky for us

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Around €20k private, would expect €18k trade.

Last private one I saw was listed at €20.5k

That's why I am very hesitant in spending 40 odd K on a Kia..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

That's why I am very hesitant in spending 40 odd K on a Kia..............

Kia don't depreciate nearly as much as BMW's

That 7 year warranty and BMW's being dirt cheap in the UK, being main reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What, you thought 20K was too low for a 2 year old car that cost 28k ? :rolleyes:

I got nearly 20k in a private sale for a 3 year old car that cost 25k ;)

Ioniq has very low depreciation. Compared to all other EVs, in particular the first generation Leaf. But I guess you know that already :pac:

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Kia don't depreciate nearly as much as BMW's

That 7 year warranty and BMW's being dirt cheap in the UK, being main reasons

Time will tell but I can't see how a 40K Kia EV will hold it's value better than an i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I try to AC charge the car to 100% once a month. It's giving me 480km @ 100%

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I try to AC charge the car to 100% once a month. It's giving me 480km @ 100%

We must have a heavier foot! Although most of our driving is rural with very little city driving. 80km/h and 100km/h roads.

Overall average the car is showing is currently 17kwh/100km but not sure how long that calculation takes into account.

Fully charged highest I've seen is 417, and done about 220km y'day and still had 51% left on the battery. GOM seems pretty on the mark. Have over 6k km done up on the clock already.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That’s super range achievement

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

slave1 wrote: »
    That’s super range achievement

On another forum there are pictures of dashboards showing 355 miles in normal driving, no hypermiling. That's 571km. People are wondering why KIA are understating the range. :D

Time will tell but I can't see how a 40K Kia EV will hold it's value better than an i3.

That sounds like a you problem. :p

That sounds like a you problem. :p

Well in 3 years anyone with a Kia EV might be crying..... Certainly the low GFMV on the e-Niro is very scary indeed.

A least on PCP if it devalues enough I'll just hand it back and it won't be my problem at all.

• Advertisement

Well in 3 years anyone with a Kia EV might be crying.....

A least on PCP if it devalues enough I'll just hand it back and it won't be my problem at all.

Or they might not. I'm 1 year into ownership and I'm not particularly worried.

I understand that you want to talk up the value of your I3, but there's no need to throw shade at other EVs to achieve that.

Advertisement