Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Where does one place the eflow tag on the niro?.

I have it right up in the top right hand corner

Just charged to 100% - 480km range

Using Regen Level 3 and car on Normal mode

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

championc wrote: »

Just goes to show the difference in City to Rural & N Road (little to no traffic, speed limit 99% of the time) driving, Ours is at 400km(ish). But at least its a reasonable representation of the range with the driving that is being done

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

xboxdad wrote: »
    The eFlow tag installation tutorial says it needs to be installed inside the dark/dotted area. May I ask why you installed it below that area?
    I'm waiting for my tag to arrive & collecting info in the meantime.

Thank you.
    The instructions with the tolltag holder suggested that if you had a dark tint windscreen, there should be a dotted area which doesn't have the same coating, where you should locate the tag. Our windscreen doesn't have a specific allocated mounting point so we just mounted it where it doesn't obscure vision and where we know it works (we were going over the tollbridge anyway, so just held it in that spot and it worked fine). It's not a big deal. I reckon it'll register just fine anywhere on your windscreen, or attached to your dash. I wouldn't overthink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

the thing is in my eniro there is no dark/dotted area. what is there however is some sort of black plastic casing. so no where to put the tag. as can be seen in screenshot
    The instructions with the tolltag holder suggested that if you had a dark tint windscreen, there should be a dotted area which doesn't have the same coating, where you should locate the tag. Our windscreen doesn't have a specific allocated mounting point so we just mounted it where it doesn't obscure vision and where we know it works (we were going over the tollbridge anyway, so just held it in that spot and it worked fine). It's not a big deal. I reckon it'll register just fine anywhere on your windscreen, or attached to your dash. I wouldn't overthink it.

Ah, I see. Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Ah, I see. Thanks guys!

I had tag on windscreen near rearview mirror. The barriers on the m4 toll didn't pick it up and stayed down. Had to reverse and head to a lane with a teller.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Not bad

Wow, I'm impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Love the warm weather. :D

Regen at 3 is robbing you of more range though. :)

icom wrote: »
    Not bad

Now that's better. :D

• Advertisement

I had tag on windscreen near rearview mirror. The barriers on the m4 toll didn't pick it up and stayed down. Had to reverse and head to a lane with a teller.

Did you then reposition it to a place that worked better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I rarely use the tolls so wondering if it's easier to just have the tag in central compartment and just hold it up to the windscreen when passing through the toll?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

icom wrote: »
    Not bad

What's your average consumption to get range like that? Also what type roads you drive on is it city?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

chewed wrote: »
    I rarely use the tolls so wondering if it's easier to just have the tag in central compartment and just hold it up to the windscreen when passing through the toll?

On the m50 at least the cameras will pick up your reg so no need for the tag to be scanned. Mine is actually on the right lol.
    517834.png

tk123 wrote: »
    On the m50 at least the cameras will pick up your reg so no need for the tag to be scanned. Mine is actually on the right lol.
    517834.png

Did you put it to the right because of the other piece of equipment you put on the left? Or you think the tag is better suited on the right?
    I'm asking because I was thinking putting it on the left - so that I don't see it when driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Did you put it to the right because of the other piece of equipment you put on the left? Or you think the tag is better suited on the right?
    I'm asking because I was thinking putting it on the left - so that I don't see it when driving.

Yep put in on the right as it's smaller than the dash cam so that went to the left.

I put it on the left and it's been grand there.

I put it on the left and it's been grand there.

Nice. I presume it's in the blue shaded area. Did you manage to position it so that you can't see it while driving? (right next to the sensor box)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    What's your average consumption to get range like that? Also what type roads you drive on is it city?

Never really pay much attention to that.

Use auto regen and normal drive mode, been working from home since mid March so just into the town for a bit of shopping a couple of times a week, living in rural Donegal, so no motorway driving. Usually see around 450km range after charging to 100%, but it must be the warmer weather pushing it up and the short trips last few months have confused the GOM :)

Nice. I presume it's in the blue shaded area. Did you manage to position it so that you can't see it while driving? (right next to the sensor box)

Exactly like the picture above, but on the other side of the gubbins surround.

• Advertisement

Did anyone who bought the eNiro new, did you go for the "Return to invoice Protection" and/or "SMART Protection" offered by Kia?

Both are €399, but not sure it's worth adding them to the sale costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Did anyone who bought the eNiro new, did you go for the "Return to invoice Protection" and/or "SMART Protection" offered by Kia?

Don’t think so, no idea what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

What are they - never heard of or offered at time of sale.

It's an insurance policy that covers your car value in full if you have a complete loss in the first year. Most insurance comprehensive insurance covers this anyway.

In short, it's just up-selling.

It's an insurance policy that covers your car value in full if you have a complete loss in the first year. Most insurance comprehensive insurance covers this anyway.

Just chatting to Aviva, and they don't offer this service for new cars.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

That's Aviva going on the list so. No comprehensive cover on new cars? Laughable

They provided it for my current new car, and my last new car... and the new car before that... etc. :D

That's Aviva going on the list so. No comprehensive cover on new cars? Laughable

You don't believe everything you read on Boards, do you? :P

Also, according to Kia....

Return to Invoice Protection protects the full asset value of your car in the event of write off, damage beyond repair or theft. In the event of any of these situations your insurance company will only pay the market value of your car at the time of accident, this could mean a significant loss due to the depreciation of the vehicle, however this policy will pay the difference between what your insurance company will value the car and the original price you paid for the car potentially saving you thousands of euro.

The cover is for 3 years and costs €399 in a one off payment.

https://www.joeduffy.ie/offers/finance/combined-guaranteed-asset-protection/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It was standard (no extra cost) on my car insurance policy when I bought my Ioniq brand new. If it was written off within the first year, I would be compensated enough to buy a brand new car

Advertisement