Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

unkel wrote: »
    It was standard (no extra cost) on my car insurance policy when I bought my Ioniq brand new. If it was written off within the first year, I would be compensated enough to buy a brand new car

Who was that with unkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I think it was Zurich, but I would be surprised if most of the proper insurers didn't have it as standard - and I'm not talking about the likes of (former) cowboys like 123 and Liberty here

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

chewed wrote: »
    Also, according to Kia....

Return to Invoice Protection protects the full asset value of your car in the event of write off, damage beyond repair or theft. In the event of any of these situations your insurance company will only pay the market value of your car at the time of accident, this could mean a significant loss due to the depreciation of the vehicle, however this policy will pay the difference between what your insurance company will value the car and the original price you paid for the car potentially saving you thousands of euro.

The cover is for 3 years and costs €399 in a one off payment.

https://www.joeduffy.ie/offers/finance/combined-guaranteed-asset-protection/

It’s a GAP insurance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Just got back from my dealers complimentary "checkup" of the car, also got my dash cam reinstalled that they took out of the old car. Done a really neat job with the wiring, completely hidden. Getting it moved over was part of the trade-in deal.

Also picked up my three phase cable too, it's a chunky cable compared to the single phase one.

Seen a grey one up the back with a big sold sign in the window too.

Had some errands to run in Derry and where I needed to go was right beside a charge point. Didn't get a charge tho (didn't need it). The infrastructure in the north is in a poor state. Doesn't help it when people try and drive over the charge points

Just got back from my dealers complimentary "2k checkup" (at nearly 7k, well I wasn't gonna go near them until around now anyways) of the car, also got my dash cam reinstalled that they took out of the old car. Done a really neat job with the wiring, completely hidden. Getting it moved over was part of the trade-in deal.

Also picked up my three phase cable too, it's a chunky cable compared to the single phase one.

Had some errands to run in Derry and where I needed to go was right beside a charge point. Didn't get a charge tho (didn't need it). The infrastructure in the north is in a poor state. Doesn't help it when people try and drive over the charge points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

graememk wrote: »
    Just got back from my dealers complimentary "checkup" of the car, also got my dash cam reinstalled that they took out of the old car. Done a really neat job with the wiring, completely hidden. Getting it moved over was part of the trade-in deal.

They were trying to launder the green electricity and send it across the border!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That's Carlisle Road I take it? On the right on the way up towards Foyleside Shopping Centre.

That's the first charger I ever stopped at, when I had a 24kWh Leaf on a test drive 5+ years ago.

That charger was dead then and has been since. I believe it has been dead since around 2013, going by what others told me.

That night in the demo Leaf I was running on sparks already. Just about crept up to the charger in the Diamond and got enough juice to take me over the city to the rapid.

And the one in the diamond is out of action now too.

It looks fairly fresh for a 7 yr old charge point (well except for the dents and leaning at an angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mark1916 wrote: »

UK specs are changing, they are bringing the 39kWh version there for the first time, they must be feeling pressure from the PSA cars.

A 39kWh e-Niro/e-Soul/Kona likely has the same range as the PSAs 45kWh usable batteries due to the efficiency of the Hyundai/Kia electric drivetrain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

Just on my way to pick up my new car. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

There's talk of a new version for 2021. No indication of spec, but at least one new colour: yacht blue. It would be my colour choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vidukasp

I'll be collecting my tomorrow, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

There's no guarantee that these (MY21) will be available in Ireland. These are for the UK, for delivery from November, and they have stopped taking orders for the MY20.

In fact, if you go to the Kia Ireland website, the e-Niro is no longer even listed !!! Since January, they don't appear to be interested in selling it at all.

72 registered in January, 12 in February, 22 in March, 2 in April, 16 in May and 6 in June.

It's right there on kia.com/ie

Is yours a grey (platinum graphite) one in letterkenny?

Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

There's talk of a new version for 2021. No indication of spec, but at least one new colour: yacht blue. It would be my colour choice.

Best colour alright..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CucamarMor

Babe of a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Well wear!
    Ive book a grey one but from Donegal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

And the one in the diamond is out of action now too.

Diamond has been down for the best part of a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

championc wrote: »
    There's no guarantee that these (MY21) will be available in Ireland. These are for the UK, for delivery from November, and they have stopped taking orders for the MY20.

In fact, if you go to the Kia Ireland website, the e-Niro is no longer even listed !!! Since January, they don't appear to be interested in selling it at all.

72 registered in January, 12 in February, 22 in March, 2 in April, 16 in May and 6 in June.

Couple of clicks found this

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/e-niro/discover/ - pics have the latest dash too

Old diesel wrote: »
    Couple of clicks found this

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/e-niro/discover/ - pics have the latest dash too

Jeez, I've no idea as to what I did earlier

Well wear!

Thanks. Didnt get mine in Letterkenny. Mine is a navy. Although you barely see a blue tinge off it. Colour isn't hugely important to me. I'd have taken any of Black, Navy or dark grey.

Got my Uvo up and running. Was a relatively easy process.
    Got the 3 phase cable too. Chunky cable indeed.

Did a longish trek in the wet yesterday. About 280km including a nice bit of motorway driving and using the climate controls. Got home with 120km or so left. With a dry day and a slightly softer foot I'd expect I could have got home with 160km+.

The contrast of needing to charge on the way up in the Ioniq and to just drive home direct with zero range concern is such a huge plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What security is on e-Niro, in terms of alarm or immobiliser? I’ve seen differing things said. Maybe it can change by country, but what is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

Picking one up over the next few days. Dealer asked me if I wanted Diamond Coat, at least I think that is what he said. It protects the paint for a number of years, costs 300 odd and takes a few hours to apply. Any idea if this is worth while?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Picking one up over the next few days. Dealer asked me if I wanted Diamond Coat, at least I think that is what he said. It protects the paint for a number of years, costs 300 odd and takes a few hours to apply. Any idea if this is worth while?

IMO no. You get a case of cleaning products too to take up space - has been flung out in the shed the last 3 years lol :rolleyes:

JohnC. wrote: »
    What security is on e-Niro, in terms of alarm or immobiliser? I’ve seen differing things said. Maybe it can change by country, but what is here?

Could Uvo be classed as security? The app can tell you where the car is. Is that classed as a tracker?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

JohnC. wrote: »

My dealer told me (while I was on the call with the insurance company) that it has both immobilizer and alarm. I hope he told me the correct info as that's what I answered to the question on the phone...

Could Uvo be classed as security? The app can tell you where the car is. Is that classed as a tracker?

Theoretically. I'm not sure how often it updates it's position since I recently got an open door alert from the car when my wife was visiting her mother's. So about 10 mins after the alert I looked at the app and the position and it said she was there, but within 30 seconds, she was pulling it into our driveway. So it may be that the GPS coordinates are only uploaded at intervals like every 15 or 30 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Picked mine up today. Nice drive home, despite the wind and rain. Coming from a rather basic car, it was a little disconcerting at first when the car was controlling itself with SCC and LFA, but soon got used to it. Lots of toys to play with and adjust now.

Advertisement