Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yep, my wife and I have shared access. IIRC, she requested access through the UVO app installed on her phone, and after that I got a notification about granting access.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yep, my wife and I have shared access. IIRC, she requested access through the UVO app installed on her phone, and after that I got a notification about granting access.

I think thats how we done it too, it tells on you when you forget to lock the car... both phones get the notification

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hi all.

What updates did the 2020 eNiro get vs the 2019. I know there's some cosmetic changes outside (rear tail lights), and a decent overhaul of the dash inside (new screen, more gloss, vents repositioned).

Any convenience features added? Do either 2019 or 2020 have heated seats? Memory seats? Auto fold mirrors? Wireless charging? etc.

Any under the bonnet changes? More powerful AC charger? DC charging speeds?

Any new driver aids? I assume the both have LKAS, cruise control.

What is UVO? And did both versions come with it?

Any further feedback on these?

Hi all.

What updates did the 2020 eNiro get vs the 2019. I know there's some cosmetic changes outside (rear tail lights), and a decent overhaul of the dash inside (new screen, more gloss, vents repositioned).

Any convenience features added? Do either 2019 or 2020 have heated seats? Memory seats? Auto fold mirrors? Wireless charging? etc.

got time to reply now, so i'll have a go.

We dont have official versions but going to say the 2019 is first edition (FE) and 2020 with the larger screen as the second edition (SE)

Conveniences
    Only front heated seats in the FE, Front and Rear in the SE
    Wireless charging in both (and android auto/carplay via usb)
    Auto fold mirrors, on both when locked,
    Manual seats on both
    AFAIK no high beam assist on the FE, SE has high beam assist
    Heated steering wheel on both too.
    Aluminium pedals, on both, but the UK one doesnt have it

I'll need someone with a FE to confirm but the Seats on the SE are like vented leather,
    Any under the bonnet changes? More powerful AC charger? DC charging speeds?

11kw 3 phase charger on the SE, single phase on the FE. I don't think any change to DC charging, only been at one for 5 minutes to see how it worked.
    Any new driver aids? I assume the both have LKAS, cruise control.

Other than high beam assist, both cars have adaptive cruise control, Adaptive regeneration, (tracks the car in front of you and adjusts the regen accordingly)

collision avoidance? ie if the car slows down suddenly in front of you car will brake,
    What is UVO? And did both versions come with it?

Its the App only on the SE model. Allows you to see the charge level, set charge limits/ departure schedule.
    Trip history, on a daily basis, with Time, distance, avg speed and top speed
    Monthly totals of the same too.

Can remotely lock the car, Unlock didnt work last time I tried.
    Also shows location of the car, and current range on the GOM.

Allows remote starting of Climate control without being plugged in.
    Also can send Poi to the car's Sat nav.

VESS and the LKA always on as default , usually turn both off as it gets a bit weird on the back roads, well the LKA anyway.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Great reply. Much appreciated! Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Should the car be sensing the smart key and folding out the mirrors, unlocking the tailgate etc as the manual suggests *if equipped*? Dealer mentioned this also but it's not happening even with the mirrors in the auto position? Do I need to enable it I wonder or is only on higher specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

tk123 wrote: »
    Should the car be sensing the smart key and folding out the mirrors, unlocking the tailgate etc as the manual suggests *if equipped*? Dealer mentioned this also but it's not happening even with the mirrors in the auto position? Do I need to enable it I wonder or is only on higher specs?

Did you check if you have the "Welcome Mirror/Light" setting enabled? I think that's the one that controls this behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

xboxdad wrote: »
    Did you check if you have the "Welcome Mirror/Light" setting enabled? I think that's the one that controls this behavior.

That was it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Where can this setting be enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

chewed wrote: »
    Where can this setting be enabled?

Go into Settings via the steering wheel controls and I think it's under Convenience.

• Advertisement

Go into Settings via the steering wheel controls and I think it's under Convenience.

Got it! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Question in relation to media supported audio/video files. There is no option to plug in SDHC card anywhere am I right on that? And does car read only mp3 or any other media files?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    Question in relation to media supported audio/video files. There is no option to plug in SDHC card anywhere am I right on that? And does car read only mp3 or any other media files?

Are you talking about 2019 or 2020 model? 2020 can play stuff from USB, both audio and video. Unless there's been an update, I don't think the 2019 does video.

but you can plug in a USB drive, and there is a video playeer, havent tried it tho!

graememk wrote: »
    but you can plug in a USB drive, and there is a video playeer, havent tried it tho!

nice one, thanks! :)

nice one, thanks! :)

Have to hack the BMW i3 to enable video play back but the quality of the screen is really remarkable, don't know why it's disabled by default ?

Apparently there is an update to the uvo app
    After the installation of the new App version, you will have to login again to experience new services such as User Profile Transfer or Last Mile Navigation.

graememk wrote: »
    Apparently there is an update to the uvo app

<Quote>
    After the installation of the new App version, you will have to login again to experience new services such as User Profile Transfer or Last Mile Navigation.
    </Quote>

I got that email as well, but I don't see any update on Google Play!

Yeah, it’s not out yet. The mail is about “an upcoming update”.

JohnC. wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s not out yet. The mail is about “an upcoming update”.

Apparently it'll be available in the next 1-2 days.

• Advertisement

My app updated overnight. Not much different. And remote unlock still fails in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

JohnC. wrote: »
    My app updated overnight. Not much different. And remote unlock still fails in the same way.

It's failing more gracefully :) Does it *always* fail for you? Mine mostly works, probably 9 out of 10

It's failing more gracefully :) Does it *always* fail for you? Mine mostly works, probably 9 out of 10

I tried it once or twice when I got the car, will try it again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

updated my uvo app this morning but then it would not accept my password to log back in and when I reset my password the app opened but my car details are missing? looks like a new account but not sure how this is possible if using same email address?

anyone else seeing this?
    is there a support number to call?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

OO7FITZY wrote: »
    updated my uvo app this morning but then it would not accept my password to log back in and when I reset my password the app opened but my car details are missing? looks like a new account but not sure how this is possible if using same email address?

anyone else seeing this?

Just updated on iPhone, works fine. As ugly an app as ever ðŸ˜႒

OO7FITZY wrote: »

anyone else seeing this?

Try either logging out and in again

or completely reinstalling the app

there is now a status on the battery and the bonnet in the app

Also found this youtube link, an unlisted video from kia ireland
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSoodAwjmYQ

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Updated just now (Android beta build). They seem to have added a battery state - I'm assuming this is for the troublesome 12v battery. Also added a bonnet open indicator. Not sure how useful that's going to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Had to uninstall and then reinstall and then change password and it worked OK
    Just a glitchy app maybe

In the map bit of the app, anyone know what Navi Linkage is?

When I tap it

"Only available after account has been linked"

• Advertisement

charged my car for the first time to 100% after completion got red battery indicator in dash, it was saying battery discharging. unplugged charger, started car as normal, no error faults thereafter. Is this normal car behavior, any ideas?

Advertisement