Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiropractor

Options
  • 09-01-2018 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can anybody recommend a good and reasonably affordable chiropractor? What is the usual price? I've never been to one but I'm having recurrent lower back problems. I've had massages, physio, acupuncture, etc. I'm in West Cavan. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Can anybody recommend a good and reasonably affordable chiropractor? What is the usual price? I've never been to one but I'm having recurrent lower back problems. I've had massages, physio, acupuncture, etc. I'm in West Cavan. Thank you

I wouldnt ever recommend anyone visit a chiropractor, someone who does large scale "alignments" with no imaging details is just going on guesswork..

I have a friend who after just one session is left with permanent damage and walks with a considerable limp after such an "alignment", he was incontenent for a time too.

Have a read

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FinrinLobrich

After posting this I looked up to see exactly what a chiropractor is and I was shocked at what I found. My friend who's a medical practitioner said the same. Glad I asked before going ahead, booking and attending. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Quest21

I've heard opposite opinions about it. I guess all medicines and therapies have their limits.
    It might be irrelevant at this stage but I would suggest to get acupuncture. Not only deals with your symptoms but the root of them (as long as are not related to an skeletal trauma).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FinrinLobrich

Thank you for the advice. I did get acupuncture for it several times. I find it an excellent treatment but it is related to an old injury in my leg. I've had multiple surgeries on it. Many broken bones and dislocations, etc. I also got Physio and went to a sports therapist. Currently waiting for an MRI scan and have been referred to orthopaedics... again! But at least it's in a 'calm' phase at the minute. Thanks for the advice anyhow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

Thank you for the advice. I did get acupuncture for it several times. I find it an excellent treatment but it is related to an old injury in my leg. I've had multiple surgeries on it. Many broken bones and dislocations, etc. I also got Physio and went to a sports therapist. Currently waiting for an MRI scan and have been referred to orthopaedics... again! But at least it's in a 'calm' phase at the minute. Thanks for the advice anyhow :-)
    David hickey in longford . I find him great very easy on ya .

• Advertisement
Advertisement