Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 Pro in the flesh

Options
  • 09-01-2018 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Looking to give the Ps4 Pro a go does anybody know anywhere in Dublin that you can play it? Smyths in Blanch don't have one connected. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I doubt you'll find an easily accessible public one to play, mostly because the screen likely wouldn't be 4K HDR which means it wouldn't really show off the difference between the Pro and normal PS4.

Best bet is finding a mate who has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Don't know anybody that has one, they all have PS4, i have a 4k HDR Sony so that's why I'm looking at it. Surely some place has one

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CWF wrote: »
    Don't know anybody that has one, they all have PS4, i have a 4k HDR Sony so that's why I'm looking at it. Surely some place has one

I doubt it. Again, most stores don't even have units with an actual console set up, but even where they do, they likely don't have a 4K tv connected to it so you won't see much difference.

Your best bet if you already have a 4K TV is to check out Digital Foundry or similar videos on Youtube and play the videos in 4K on the telly (eg. connecting your laptop to the telly or similar). Even videos/trailers on Playstation's Youtube channel, set the resolution to 4K and it'll be like seeing it play on the Pro. It means you can even change the resolution as you're watching to see the difference between 1080P and 4K.

I'm not saying there's none, just that I doubt there's many easily findable and don't know of any myself. Maybe someone else will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Penn wrote: »
    I doubt it. Again, most stores don't even have units with an actual console set up, but even where they do, they likely don't have a 4K tv connected to it so you won't see much difference.

Your best bet if you already have a 4K TV is to check out Digital Foundry or similar videos on Youtube and play the videos in 4K on the telly (eg. connecting your laptop to the telly or similar). Even videos/trailers on Playstation's Youtube channel, set the resolution to 4K and it'll be like seeing it play on the Pro. It means you can even change the resolution as you're watching to see the difference between 1080P and 4K.

I'm not saying there's none, just that I doubt there's many easily findable and don't know of any myself. Maybe someone else will though.

Thanks a million mate, I'll have a look now.

Advertisement