Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account closing – EIR failure to do same per its commitments

Options
  • 09-01-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi,

time to resort to the online forum

please see below the history of cancelling my account to which is not yet completed according to your most recent text, and despite failed commitments from your staff to address the matter and to contact me which has not been done and close the account. This is now going on for over 3 months and your credit control department is still issuing demands for monies.
    I am extremely frustrated that I cannot contact your support staff now on any of the methods you tell me to in the constant emails and texts for outstanding monies and that at all times apart from one email from canwehelp@eir.ie no contact has been made to me by your business apart from automated demands for payment. I have phoned and emailed a number of times, even written to your head office and no one from Eir can be bothered to pick up the phone or even drop an email to me. I suppose the debt collectors will have no problem doing that??

If Eir do not wish to respond with bills/statements as they have promised can I please have a number where I can contact someone, just one person, who knows what they are doing with regard to the original correspondence sent to me regarding the contract change?
    I will supply my contact/account details if I receive a response to this

Mark

Letter dated 19/9/17 received from Eir advising of contract change and if I wish to cancel that I ‘may withdraw from my contract without penalty’.

5/10/17 rang Eir 1800303449 to cancel contract in accordance with the instructions in their letter of 19/9/17, I was advised that this would be done on 20/10/17 and no monies would be due and my account would be closed. Super – that was easy, thanks EIR!

19/10/17 emailed canwehelp@eir.ie advising them that I had switched provider and to update me with any account details.

27/10/17 email from ******* confirming that my mobile phone was cancelled on 13/10/17 but that the other accounts were still ‘in active’ and that I was to contact 1901 to cancel the account.

2/11/17 rang 1901 and after no help from 2 customer care staff was put through to ***** in Customer Loyalty who said that she would send an email to cancel the contract and I would receive a final bill within 5 days, I would also receive instructions on how to return Eir equipment at this stage. She confirmed that nothing further was payable. I advised her that I would be cancelling my Direct Debit and that Eir were not to attempt to take monies from my bank account.

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CORRESPONDENCE AS OF TODAYS DATE

10/11/17 email from Eir that I have a bill amount of €63.47 due and that it would be taken by direct debit

11/11/17 emailed canwehelp@eir.ie outlining detail of my conversation with Customer Loyalty on 2/11/17 who I contacted on foot on Eir’s instruction on 27/10/17 I requested in this email that no attempt is to be made to retrieve these monies as I have been confirmed that no monies are owed by me to Eir. Copy Attached. Automatic response to the email was received saying that they would get in touch with me. NO REPONSE AS OF TODAYS DATE

16/11/17 text message from Eir stating that my bill is now available to view

24/11/17 – text message from Eir stating that my direct debit has returned unpaid

24/11/17 rang 1901 and spoke to ***** I asked him about that status of my broadband and television account and he said that this was still active, he then transferred me to ***** in Customer Loyalty who confirmed that my account should have been cancelled on 20/10/17. She stated that she would cancel the account within 24 hours. I complained that an attempt had been made to take monies from my account by Eir per their text message on 24/11/17 despite my previous conversation with her requesting not to and my email of 11/11/17 to canwehelp@eir.ie. ***** said I would then be issued with a final bill and that credit would be applied to cancel the outstanding amount. NO FINAL BILL RECEIVED AS OF TODAYS DATE

I asked about the equipment and ***** said that I would receive correspondence within 5 days advising me where to send same and that I would have a time period to do this. I asked for the address where to send this and was given Eir, PO Box 12726, Eir Returns, Freepost, Dublin 11.

24/11/17 email from getmore@eir.ie order confirmation that bundle will be cancelled 30 days from this date, and that I would be written to shortly NO CORRESPONDENCE AS OF TODAYS DATE

4/12/17 – I sent the broadband and TV equipment from ****** Post Office to Eir, PO Box 12726, Eir Returns, Freepost, Dublin 11 despite not receiving the intsructing correspondence to do same. I requested in cover note with package that I be contacted by email on receipt of the items NO RESPONSE YET

5/12/17 email from Eir demanding payment of €63.47 and that this balance may be an oversight on my behalf.

5/12/17 – text message from Eir demanding that my bill is due for payment

8/12/17 email from eir – bill €61.50 available to view

11/12/17  - text message from Eir demanding that my bill is due for payment

15/12/17 email from Eir demanding payment of €61.50 on overdue balance – suggesting that I can view the bill at www.eir.ie/myeir - which will let me log in but then says account inactive and I cant view the bill

15/12 text from eir bill due for payment

18/12 email from eir – recent contact about an outstanding balance on my eir account €61.50

18/12 text from eir re overdue balance

19/12 rang number from text message advised to ring – 01-7662506  - but account number 24816867 and mobile 0863912083 were declared invalid and I could go no further with options

19/12 no customer support by email available per webpage

03/01/18 – rang 1901 entered account and mobile number neither worked could not progress

03/01/18 – 1800303449 – engaged tone

03/01/18 – email support unavailable

3/1/18 – wrote to EIR head office outlining the above NO RESPONSE AS OF TODAYS DATE

9/1/18 – email from credit control department looking for overdue balance €45.06 – this is now the 3rddifferent outstanding amount so somebody must be doing something here

9/1/18 – text from eir regarding overdue balance and that my services will now be restricted? WHAT SERVICES? I THOUGHT MY SERVICES WERE TERMINATED

9/1/18 rang 01-7662506 as advised in text/email – could not access advisor as account nor phone number was recognised

9/1/18 rang 1901 as advised in email – could not access advisor as account nor phone number was recognised

9/1/18 – rang 1800690000 as suggested in posts in Eir community forum – would not let me progress as it did not recognise my mobile number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

evillive wrote: »
     Hi,

time to resort to the online forum

please see below the history of cancelling my account to which is not yet completed according to your most recent text, and despite failed commitments from your staff to address the matter and to contact me which has not been done and close the account. This is now going on for over 3 months and your credit control department is still issuing demands for monies.
    I am extremely frustrated that I cannot contact your support staff now on any of the methods you tell me to in the constant emails and texts for outstanding monies and that at all times apart from one email from canwehelp@eir.ie no contact has been made to me by your business apart from automated demands for payment. I have phoned and emailed a number of times, even written to your head office and no one from Eir can be bothered to pick up the phone or even drop an email to me. I suppose the debt collectors will have no problem doing that??

If Eir do not wish to respond with bills/statements as they have promised can I please have a number where I can contact someone, just one person, who knows what they are doing with regard to the original correspondence sent to me regarding the contract change?
    I will supply my contact/account details if I receive a response to this

Mark

Letter dated 19/9/17 received from Eir advising of contract change and if I wish to cancel that I ‘may withdraw from my contract without penalty’.

5/10/17 rang Eir 1800303449 to cancel contract in accordance with the instructions in their letter of 19/9/17, I was advised that this would be done on 20/10/17 and no monies would be due and my account would be closed. Super – that was easy, thanks EIR!

19/10/17 emailed canwehelp@eir.ie advising them that I had switched provider and to update me with any account details.

27/10/17 email from ******* confirming that my mobile phone was cancelled on 13/10/17 but that the other accounts were still ‘in active’ and that I was to contact 1901 to cancel the account.

2/11/17 rang 1901 and after no help from 2 customer care staff was put through to ***** in Customer Loyalty who said that she would send an email to cancel the contract and I would receive a final bill within 5 days, I would also receive instructions on how to return Eir equipment at this stage. She confirmed that nothing further was payable. I advised her that I would be cancelling my Direct Debit and that Eir were not to attempt to take monies from my bank account.

10/11/17 email from Eir that I have a bill amount of €63.47 due and that it would be taken by direct debit

11/11/17 emailed canwehelp@eir.ie outlining detail of my conversation with Customer Loyalty on 2/11/17 who I contacted on foot on Eir’s instruction on 27/10/17 I requested in this email that no attempt is to be made to retrieve these monies as I have been confirmed that no monies are owed by me to Eir. Copy Attached. Automatic response to the email was received saying that they would get in touch with me. NO REPONSE AS OF TODAYS DATE

16/11/17 text message from Eir stating that my bill is now available to view

24/11/17 – text message from Eir stating that my direct debit has returned unpaid

24/11/17 rang 1901 and spoke to ***** I asked him about that status of my broadband and television account and he said that this was still active, he then transferred me to ***** in Customer Loyalty who confirmed that my account should have been cancelled on 20/10/17. She stated that she would cancel the account within 24 hours. I complained that an attempt had been made to take monies from my account by Eir per their text message on 24/11/17 despite my previous conversation with her requesting not to and my email of 11/11/17 to canwehelp@eir.ie. ***** said I would then be issued with a final bill and that credit would be applied to cancel the outstanding amount. NO FINAL BILL RECEIVED AS OF TODAYS DATE

I asked about the equipment and ***** said that I would receive correspondence within 5 days advising me where to send same and that I would have a time period to do this. I asked for the address where to send this and was given Eir, PO Box 12726, Eir Returns, Freepost, Dublin 11.

24/11/17 email from getmore@eir.ie order confirmation that bundle will be cancelled 30 days from this date, and that I would be written to shortly NO CORRESPONDENCE AS OF TODAYS DATE

4/12/17 – I sent the broadband and TV equipment from ****** Post Office to Eir, PO Box 12726, Eir Returns, Freepost, Dublin 11 despite not receiving the intsructing correspondence to do same. I requested in cover note with package that I be contacted by email on receipt of the items NO RESPONSE YET

5/12/17 email from Eir demanding payment of €63.47 and that this balance may be an oversight on my behalf.

5/12/17 – text message from Eir demanding that my bill is due for payment

8/12/17 email from eir – bill €61.50 available to view

11/12/17  - text message from Eir demanding that my bill is due for payment

15/12/17 email from Eir demanding payment of €61.50 on overdue balance – suggesting that I can view the bill at www.eir.ie/myeir - which will let me log in but then says account inactive and I cant view the bill

15/12 text from eir bill due for payment

18/12 email from eir – recent contact about an outstanding balance on my eir account €61.50

18/12 text from eir re overdue balance

19/12 rang number from text message advised to ring – 01-7662506  - but account number 24816867 and mobile 0863912083 were declared invalid and I could go no further with options

19/12 no customer support by email available per webpage

03/01/18 – rang 1901 entered account and mobile number neither worked could not progress

03/01/18 – 1800303449 – engaged tone

03/01/18 – email support unavailable

3/1/18 – wrote to EIR head office outlining the above NO RESPONSE AS OF TODAYS DATE

9/1/18 – email from credit control department looking for overdue balance €45.06 – this is now the 3rddifferent outstanding amount so somebody must be doing something here

9/1/18 – text from eir regarding overdue balance and that my services will now be restricted? WHAT SERVICES? I THOUGHT MY SERVICES WERE TERMINATED

9/1/18 rang 01-7662506 as advised in text/email – could not access advisor as account nor phone number was recognised

9/1/18 rang 1901 as advised in email – could not access advisor as account nor phone number was recognised

9/1/18 – rang 1800690000 as suggested in posts in Eir community forum – would not let me progress as it did not recognise my mobile number
    Hi Mark,

I am extremely sorry to hear of the issues and continuos frustration you have experienced.

Would you please PM me your full name and account number? I would gladly look into this for you and clear it up.

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

All sorted thanks to Tracey, prompt response and action to the issues needing clearing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

evillive wrote: »
    All sorted thanks to Tracey, prompt response and action to the issues needing clearing up
    No problem. If you have any further queries or issues please don't hesitate in coming back to me. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement