Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled in Oct 2017 - still getting bills

Options
  • 09-01-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭

To Whom it May Concern,

I cancelled my subscription on October 25th 2017 as I received a letter from Eir stating that they were increasing their charges. I called Eir to cancel within the time frame and the call was recorded. I have an e-mail to confirm cancellation within the time frame.

I promptly returned the modem, Eir box etc. using the address provided by Eir.

Novemeber 9th 2017: Receive a bill for €477.2
    Call 1901 and get the bill cancelled as it was a mistake and there is a note on my account stating that I cancelled within the stated period. 

December 7th 2017: Receive a bill for €94.39
    Call 1901 and am told it's a mistake as I've been charged for the modem and equipment that I already returned. 

January 6th 2018: Receive a bill for €218.79

I can't view these bills as my account has been closed and I really do not have the time or patience to spend another half hour to an hour waiting on hold so that the very nice people in customer service can rectify another mistake by the system.

I understand that customer service personal from Eir are on the receiving end of abuse (too strong?) from Eir customers and I 100% understand that it is not your fault that all of these mistakes are happening, not just to me but to many more and I also understand that me venting to you won't have the desired effect as the people who matter, the people up the food chain, the people with the power to make the lives of Eir customers and the lives of their staff a lot easier, will never get their grubby paws on my message.

For this reason, I won't vent but I want to wish you a very Happy New Year and tell you that I admire you because I could never do your job, knowing that every-time I answer a message or call, I will probably be on the receiving end of a rant from another irate customer. 

If it is at all possible, could you please stop your bosses (because I know that it's not you) from sending me threatening e-mails and bills and text messages about overdue bills.

p.s. have you ever thought of having your own thread where you, as Eir employees, could rant about how terrible your bosses and their systems are? I think it would be totally justifiable and a very enjoyable read :)

All the Best,
    Sinéad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Neady83 wrote: »
    To Whom it May Concern,

I cancelled my subscription on October 25th 2017 as I received a letter from Eir stating that they were increasing their charges. I called Eir to cancel within the time frame and the call was recorded. I have an e-mail to confirm cancellation within the time frame.

I promptly returned the modem, Eir box etc. using the address provided by Eir.

Novemeber 9th 2017: Receive a bill for €477.2
    Call 1901 and get the bill cancelled as it was a mistake and there is a note on my account stating that I cancelled within the stated period. 

December 7th 2017: Receive a bill for €94.39
    Call 1901 and am told it's a mistake as I've been charged for the modem and equipment that I already returned. 

January 6th 2018: Receive a bill for €218.79

I can't view these bills as my account has been closed and I really do not have the time or patience to spend another half hour to an hour waiting on hold so that the very nice people in customer service can rectify another mistake by the system.

I understand that customer service personal from Eir are on the receiving end of abuse (too strong?) from Eir customers and I 100% understand that it is not your fault that all of these mistakes are happening, not just to me but to many more and I also understand that me venting to you won't have the desired effect as the people who matter, the people up the food chain, the people with the power to make the lives of Eir customers and the lives of their staff a lot easier, will never get their grubby paws on my message.

For this reason, I won't vent but I want to wish you a very Happy New Year and tell you that I admire you because I could never do your job, knowing that every-time I answer a message or call, I will probably be on the receiving end of a rant from another irate customer. 

If it is at all possible, could you please stop your bosses (because I know that it's not you) from sending me threatening e-mails and bills and text messages about overdue bills.

p.s. have you ever thought of having your own thread where you, as Eir employees, could rant about how terrible your bosses and their systems are? I think it would be totally justifiable and a very enjoyable read :)

All the Best,
    Sinéad
    Hi Sinéad,

Thank you, happy new year to you also.

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you've been having with ourselves.

Would you like to PM me your full name and account number? I would be happy to look into this for you and clear it up.

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement