Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malle Moto-- The Forgotten Dakar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Riding and spannering - and keeping a video diary! Incredible endurance.
    Not so much "forgotten" as overlooked I'd say. The big names and corporate/manufacturer teams dominate the TV coverage. The privateers and this class don't get enough coverage. They're the ultimate heroes of the event in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Watching the coverage on eurosport..Sam Sunderland out after a back injury....gutted for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Enjoyed that vid. Thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I really enjoyed that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Enjoyed that, there is a lot more satisfaction to be had from doing things that are hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Unexpected "day-off" - Stage 9 cancelled. No lounging around in the hammocks though.
    To get to Stage 10 these Sth African riders decided to get some miles and a border crossing behind them in the last hours of daylight - after just completing Stage 8!

Next day one rider mentions riding 8am until 10pm to get to Salta to be in place for Stage 10. (Not sure why it took that long.)

Video show Marc Coma is Dakar Sport Director now. His first-hand experience of time penalties and steward's enquiries must help.

Advertisement