Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran tickets (what to do?) *Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Toast wrote: »
    They've done the ticket reissuing system before in the past. Just some sort of magic email thumbs up seems like a stupid system but the entire implementation of the restriction is a pigs ear anyway. It doesn't change the fact they've gotten the blessing from Sheeran's crowd to do this which we haven't. Feel free to print out "Toast from Toutless says this is ok" on a piece of paper if you wish but I can't guarantee you won't be laughed at by some bouncers if you try and use it.

Yes the magic email thing is a bit of a joke isn't it .
    That's a good idea you have ,I've no doubt it would work .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm working at these gigs and going to one myself. I was talking to security colleague last night and he said they won't be able to check every ticket there will be too many people.

nice idea by the artists but not very easy to implement.

On Ticketmasters latest Blog about the gigs there is no mention of ID or the credit card so its highly unlikely its being enforced .

https://blog.ticketmaster.ie/latest-news/take-note-of-important-information-for-ed-sheeran-7783?_ga=2.253841793.805607891.1524242429-961081318.1524242429
    THE COUNTDOWN IS ON! Ed Sheeran’s record breaking Irish tour kicks off in 3 weeks at Cork’s Páirc Uí Chaoimh on Friday 4, Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 May, Belfast’s Boucher Road Playing Fields on Wednesday 9 May, Galway’s Pearse Stadium on Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 May followed by Dublin’s Phoenix Park on Wednesday 16, Friday 18 & Saturday 19 May.

• PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR TICKETS SAFE AND TO CHECK YOUR TICKETS TO ENSURE YOU ARE ATTENDING ON THE CORRECT DATE & GOING TO THE CORRECT VENUE.

• THE VENUE GATES WILL OPEN AT 5PM. NO EARLY QUEUEING WILL BE PERMITTED. THESE ARE RESIDENTIAL AREAS AND WE ASK TICKET HOLDERS TO PLEASE RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF THE RESIDENTS AND RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES.

• PLAN YOUR JOURNEY IN ADVANCE ALLOWING PLENTY TIME FOR TRAVEL.

• PLEASE DO NOT BRING A BAG UNLESS IT IS TOTALLY NECESSARY. PEOPLE WITHOUT BAGS WILL BE FAST-TRACKED. IF YOU MUST BRING A BAG IT NEEDS TO BE SMALLER THAN A4 SIZE. BAGS UNDER A4 SIZE WILL BE SUBJECT TO A SEARCH WHICH WILL RESULT IN UNNECESSARY QUEUEING.

• AVOID! PLEASE BEWARE OF BOGUS TICKET SELLERS, DO NOT BUY FROM ANY UNOFFICIAL SOURCE / SECONDARY SITES AS THESE TICKETS WILL NOT GRANT YOU ACCESS AND WE WOULD HATE FOR YOU TO MISS OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Ticketmaster have emailed me back to say that I can sell mine if I give them a copy of my card - only need to show the last 4 digits, photo ID

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chocoholic999

What email address are people using? I can’t find anything but a phone number and I was on hold for ages today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Ticketmaster have emailed me back to say that I can sell mine if I give them a copy of my card - only need to show the last 4 digits, photo ID

Sell them how? Whose photo ID?

Could you post the content of the email please? Thanks a million.

What email address are people using? I can’t find anything but a phone number and I was on hold for ages today.

I filled out the online contact form and they came back to me

Manuel wrote: »
    Sell them how? Whose photo ID?

Could you post the content of the email please? Thanks a million.

Whatever way I want to sell them
    I sold them to a girl I used to work with.
    My photo ID

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

You can make an exchange request on the Ticketmaster website where they'll cancel your current tickets and send you out new ones for your preferred date.. Ringing might be handier though as it took them 3 days to reply to the website request.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Cork Stage Times - 4th, 5th & 6th

Doors - 5.00pm

Beoga - 5.45pm

Jamie Lawson - 6.30pm

Anne-Marie - 7.30pm

Ed Sheeran - 8.45pm

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Also Twickets is a commercial venture with millions of pounds in investment and the Ed Sheeran partnership is likely something that had contracts with money involved on both sides which probably excludes other people offering the service.

I didnt realise that Twickets is a commercial venture with investors involved in the music industry.
    It seems to be a serious conflict of interest that the management of artists like Ed Sheeran,Arctic Monkeys,Noel Gallagher and many more are investors in Twickets and are trying to apply resale restrictions to the tickets whereby the only form of resale is through Twickets who charge a 10% fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gutted_2018

Im meant to be going on wed in phoenix park

But ticketmaster still havnt sent out my tickets yet and keep getting cut off , fooking pain in the hole with them

If they don’t arrive surely im entitled to a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

Im meant to be going on wed in phoenix park

But ticketmaster still havnt sent out my tickets yet and keep getting cut off , fooking pain in the hole with them

If they don’t arrive surely im entitled to a refund

Very strange, mine arrived months ago, id say they got lost in the post

Mr.S wrote: »
    They will just cancel the tickets that are in the post / delayed / lost in transit and you will pick up at the box office on the day with your confirmation email, Credit card and ID.

Keep contacting them, they usually are good to reply. Try Twitter.

No good to me now seeing as they were meant as a present to my son , plus im away till next friday

Trying and trying to get in contact with them , appalling customer service , keeps cutting off on me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Does anyone know what counts as ID? I can possibly sell my tickets to my friend's workmate (so a stranger to me) ...could I give a copy of my work ID that has my name and photo on it or does it have to be something official like my drivers license etc which I'd rather not give a copy of! I'm close enough to the park that I'm tempted to risk it and just have them call me to come and meet them if there's a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

tk123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what counts as ID? I can possibly sell my tickets to my friend's workmate (so a stranger to me) ...could I give a copy of my work ID that has my name and photo on it or does it have to be something official like my drivers license etc which I'd rather not give a copy of! I'm close enough to the park that I'm tempted to risk it and just have them call me to come and meet them if there's a problem!

I was at the glaway gig last night, no ids were checked on entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would my residents pass get me into the stadium?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement