Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabodirect for Mortgage Savings

Options
  • 09-01-2018 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

deleted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

It makes no difference, whoever you apply to will just want to see statements, the same as for any account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

Good to know thanks!

If we were to receive a lump sum gift of 10k (bringing out deposit up to 30k) would we be in a position to apply for a mortgage as first time buyers?

Apologies is this is a stupid question!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If it's a gift the person gifting the money would have to sign something to that affect, i.e. you don't have to pay it back. I think only a parent or close relation can gift that much and not be liable for CAT.

Here's the thresholds https://www.revenue.ie/en/gains-gifts-and-inheritance/cat-thresholds-rates-and-aggregation-rules/current-cat-thresholds-post-12-october-2016.aspx

How much longer will you be saving? I used to be with Rabo but they really slashed their savings rates. You'd get better elsewhere.

Advertisement