If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar for BRAVIA KD49XD7005

Options
  • 09-01-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a Sony Bravia KD49XD7005 off you guys last year, very happy with it and the service you guys provide. I was looking to get a soundbar to improve the sound quality, nothing too fancy, budget around €200

I don't really know a lot about them but the setup is that we have a standard sky HD package (not sky Q) and the sky box is connected via HDMI to the TV.

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If I was to get a sound bar would I need to use the soundbar remote the control the volume or could I use my existing sky remote like I do now? How exactly is the soundbar/skybox/TV connected? My better half just doesn't want another remote in the equation at all.[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Any feedback welome :)[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi, I bought a Sony Bravia KD49XD7005 off you guys last year, very happy with it and the service you guys provide. I was looking to get a soundbar to improve the sound quality, nothing too fancy, budget around €200

I don't really know a lot about them but the setup is that we have a standard sky HD package (not sky Q) and the sky box is connected via HDMI to the TV.

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If I was to get a sound bar would I need to use the soundbar remote the control the volume or could I use my existing sky remote like I do now? How exactly is the soundbar/skybox/TV connected? My better half just doesn't want another remote in the equation at all.[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Any feedback welome :)[/font]
    Hi davo2001,

Glad you're still enjoying the Sony, it's a great TV. If you're looking for a good soundbar I would start with the Polk Signa Solo at 169 euro. This connects via Optical lead to the TV and has an intelligent volume learning function that will allow you to change the volume with your TV remote.

At 199.99 euro you also have the Yamaha YAS105 which sounds fantastic and has the same feature. it also connects via optical cable meaning the Sky Q box still connects to the TV as normal, the optical cable simply bypasses the TV speakers for all inputs.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.