Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Billing

Options
  • 09-01-2018 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up to Eir last month (12 Dec) on a deal of €35 per month.
    I just received a bill from 12 Dec - 2 Jan. (Less than a month)
    Bill total is €56.57

Now it looks like it's €35 from the 2nd Jan to 2nd Feb and €21.57 from 12 Dec to 1st Jan but that is not very clear.

Also, you are charging me €1.57 a month for "Call Answering". Now unless you are sending someone out to answer the phone for me, this is not something that I want.

It reminds me when Eircom used to charge my parents about €2 a month for "phone rental" on a phone they replaced after the first year . Almost 20 years they were charged that fee and Eircom would not take it off the bill, no matter how many times we asked. The only way they could get rid of that charge was to cancel the whole lot.

Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

eezipc wrote: »
    Hi,

Bill total is €56.57

Now it looks like it's €35 from the 2nd Jan to 2nd Feb and €21.57 from 12 Dec to 1st Jan but that is not very clear.

Also, you are charging me €1.57 a month for "Call Answering". Now unless you are sending someone out to answer the phone for me, this is not something that I want.

It reminds me when Eircom used to charge my parents about €2 a month for "phone rental" on a phone they replaced after the first year . Almost 20 years they were charged that fee and Eircom would not take it off the bill, no matter how many times we asked. The only way they could get rid of that charge was to cancel the whole lot.

Alan
    Hi Alan, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

This would more than likely be a part period rental charge, which is a one-off fee. This would be down to the billing cycle the system enters you into and is out of our control I'm afraid. You are charged in advance for service so this bill would be for approx 6 weeks service. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll clarify this for you and remove the call answering service for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NM2015

Hi,

Bill total is €56.57

Alan
    Hi Alan, 

This would more than likely be a part period rental charge, which is a one-off fee. This would be down to the billing cycle the system enters you into and is out of our control I'm afraid. You are charged in advance for service so this bill would be for approx 6 weeks service. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll clarify this for you and remove the call answering service for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

We are paying just under 80- a month for fixed wifi/phone and our wifi connection is so internment, we especially notice it at the weekends when you try to watch a film and it keeps reloading, devices can't be updated. We can't get Fiber in our area and I'm told it will take years for it be rolled out as far as our house. We were with Vodafone and left them for this very same internment issue, but at least only paid half what I'm forking out to Eir each month. I requested a sales call in my Eir account, to discuss if there are any other cheaper options available to us. Because, as our service is, I may as well just go with a cheaper provider. But if you can advise me so I can make a decision, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

NM2015 wrote: »
    Hi,

Bill total is €56.57

Alan
    Hi Alan, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

We are paying just under 80- a month for fixed wifi/phone and our wifi connection is so internment, we especially notice it at the weekends when you try to watch a film and it keeps reloading, devices can't be updated. We can't get Fiber in our area and I'm told it will take years for it be rolled out as far as our house. We were with Vodafone and left them for this very same internment issue, but at least only paid half what I'm forking out to Eir each month. I requested a sales call in my Eir account, to discuss if there are any other cheaper options available to us. Because, as our service is, I may as well just go with a cheaper provider. But if you can advise me so I can make a decision, thank you
    Hi NM2015, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

I've received your PM and responded there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement