Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black screen on laptop help needed please

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

There are sure to be youtube videos about disassembly. ;)

There are and it doesn't look to mad I might give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

There are and it doesn't look to mad I might give it a go

It seems you have little to lose ....... just make sure you can reference the video/s on another machine as you do it.
    Also prepare ..... small containers for different screws and fixings.

You do not want to be missing some part/s if you get it going again ;)

Why don't they just put these things in an easy to reach place instead of having to take everything apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Why don't they just put these things in an easy to reach place instead of having to take everything apart.

I have often wondered about that ...... and concluded it is bloody-mindedness!

;)

Also with some laptops you need to completely disassemble everything ..... screen, keyboard and motherboard, just to get at what should be a serviceable part, such as replacing that BIOS battery, or cleaning out the heatsink.

It has to be deliberate on the part of some manufacturers.

I have often wondered about that ...... and concluded it is bloody-mindedness!

;)

Also with some laptops you need to completely disassemble everything ..... screen, keyboard and motherboard, just to get at what should be a serviceable part, such as replacing that BIOS battery, or cleaning out the heatsink.

It has to be deliberate on the part of some manufacturers.

Has to be especially if your not sure what your doing. Laptops for just internet and office stuff are cheap now anyway so it's almost cheaper to buy a replacement then repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Where are you based OP? I'm sure if you ask nicely some local boardsie would be happy to take a look at it for you. If you are thinking of scrapping it, what have you got to lose?

FanadMan wrote: »
    Where are you based OP? I'm sure if you ask nicely some local boardsie would be happy to take a look at it for you. If you are thinking of scrapping it, what have you got to lose?

I'm based in navan but to be honest of gone from wanting to try save it to justifying a new one and once you start looking it's hard to go back lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you change your mind about junking it pm me. Just so happens I’m in Navan too !

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    If you change your mind about junking it pm me. Just so happens I’m in Navan too !

Ken

Hey Ken fair play to you but the lads in click said the graphics card needs to be replaced. When I Google the model it says that's not possible. It would just be a waste of your time but really appreciate the offer.

Advertisement