Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding wireless equipment to an Eir Exchange?

Options
  • 09-01-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi guys, I know this is a rather strange question but myself an a couple of my siblings all have houses near each other but we are far enough away from the nearest exchange to that we get about 3-5Mbps. Another sibling is setting up a house right now so the line will be even more saturated that it already is. The exchange itself (Watergrasshill) is fibre enabled as far as I know and where we are located there is line of sight to the exchange across fields. So one of the things that popped up when we were discussing broadband was the possibility to use a point to multipoint wireless setup from the Exchange to our homes giving us whatever was available at the exchange (efibre 100Mb?). I know its unlikely but thought I would ask if this would be a possibility in any way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

brimur69 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I know this is a rather strange question but myself an a couple of my siblings all have houses near each other but we are far enough away from the nearest exchange to that we get about 3-5Mbps. Another sibling is setting up a house right now so the line will be even more saturated that it already is. The exchange itself (Watergrasshill) is fibre enabled as far as I know and where we are located there is line of sight to the exchange across fields. So one of the things that popped up when we were discussing broadband was the possibility to use a point to multipoint wireless setup from the Exchange to our homes giving us whatever was available at the exchange (efibre 100Mb?). I know its unlikely but thought I would ask if this would be a possibility in any way?
    Hi brimur69, 

I'm afraid I wouldn't be aware of this from here, however, the technical support team will be able to advise you on this and explore all options with you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement