Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jackjones

Options
  • 09-01-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Please read :: This is my Experience with jackjones I would advise anyone not to shop with them i think everyone should be aware of there tactics . .
    My daughter purchased a pair of Jack Jones jeans for me as a Christmas present i am a 57 year old man and the jeans in question were not to my liking instead of insulting my daughter by giving them back to her i returned them to my local jack Jones store were i was confronted by a sales girl which in my opinion looked no more than 12 years of age and proceeded to tell her how i got the jeans she proceeded to tell me that the return date had passed which was the 7 of January 2018 and that i needed a sales receipt so i asked to speak with the store manager to which when the store manager arrived i was told the same thing. I only want to exchange the jeans for a shirt or top and was willing to pay the difference but was fogged off. If this is how you treat your costumers i really do not know how you are still in business. Store in question is jack Jones saint Stevens green shopping center dublin. . Who i might add was very very unhelpful and should not be dealing with the public in any shape or form .

Regards. Mr .

to which the reply was . Dear

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.
    A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 24 hours).

To view the status of the ticket or add comments, please visit
    https://bestsellerretailindia.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/1705

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    Bestseller Retail India Support Team

Mod-Names removed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Racists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Think is might be a no no to name the branch and name names.

I think your telling the truth but until proven your allegations are alleged in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

Hi kellypeter39,

A new Bestseller Retail India account has been created for you.

Click the url below to activate your account and select a password!

https://bestsellerretailindia.freshdesk.com/register/hTveToS0uRpy1CL3QRO

If the above URL does not work try copying and pasting it into your browser. If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    Bestseller Retail India

Hi kellypeter39,

If the above URL does not work try copying and pasting it into your browser. If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    Bestseller Retail India

Hello,

Greetings from JACK & JONES India

We are sorry to hear about this experience.

As we only deal with purchases made through the JACK & JONES India shop, we kindly ask you to contact our colleagues at: - the email they sent me does not exist . what a load of ****e .

contact@bestseller.com

We are confident that they will assist you in solving this issue.

Have a nice day.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,

Customer Care

JACK & JONES India

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi kellypeter39,

Regards,
    Bestseller Retail India

Hi kellypeter39,

Regards,
    Bestseller Retail India

What???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Trade them on adverts for an old shirt and Tekken 2 PS1 Edition.

to which the email that i was given does not exist .

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

65144638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I find the best way to diet these type problems is to post on their Facebook page. You’ll get a quicker response from someone with more authority than the store employees (who to be fair are only following protocol and probably have no way of refunding/exchanging goods once the specified date has passed as the tills/computer won’t accept the requested inputs)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

Mod-Quote removed because of names

Maybe I'm missing something here and maybe you've had different experiences in the past but the rule in most shops is that you are entitled to a refund/exchange but only when you have the receipt and when its within a certain period (usually 28 days). With that in mind, I don't understand your anger. The way I see it they are within their right to refuse the exchange as you can't produce a receipt, and even if you could, it'd probably say items can only be returned/exchanged within 28 or so days - which you are outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You do realise that you have no right to return an item just because you don't like it.

You are entitled to NOTHING.

Any return acceptance is a matter of goodwill from the store, the problem now is that people insist on getting this all the time, without having a receipt or the goods being in a saleable condition.

TBH the style of your post and your personal comments about the staff do suggest that you may not have been the sort of person that staff would have been incentivised to give any goodwill to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Wondering if you accidentally clicked India instead of Ireland on the "please select your country" dropdown on their website - India is right above Ireland on the list.

The email address given on the Ireland site is customerservice@bestseller.com

????????????????? read the post !!!!!!

Wondering if you accidentally clicked India instead of Ireland on the "please select your country" dropdown on their website - India is right above Ireland on the list.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Your situation comes under "change of mind" and you are entitled to no recourse. Having no receipt makes it difficult even for a goodwill gesture. It's an old scam to shoplift items and them try to return them for something else.

If your interaction with the staff/manager had the same tone as the OP, I'm not surprised they didn't entertain you to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MissTheDome

Please read :: i think everyone should be aware of there tactics . .

Tactics?

You had no receipt and you were outside the return date.

"Confronted" me hole. Christ i feel for retail staff all year round but during December and January sales they should be in bonus territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Where the labels still on the jeans, had you worn them?

i looked up the jackjones site and that was the only email address given . who new jackjones was made in india .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Could you not just refashion the jeans into denim short shorts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

????????????????? read the post !!!!!!
    I'm thinking the problem might be you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Do not name names please. I've edited the posts with the names in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

You seem angry, OP. Have a Snickers.

backspin. wrote: »
    Where the labels still on the jeans, had you worn them?

gf8LpS1.jpg

I'm thoroughly outraged. Furious, belittled, humiliated, and stupefied. I'm on the verge of a breakdown on the OP's behalf.

I'm so upset I need a cup of tea, a blankey, and a nap. :(

Vic_08 wrote: »

You do realise that you have no right to return an item just because you don't like it.

You are entitled to NOTHING.

Any return acceptance is a matter of goodwill from the store, the problem now is that people insist on getting this all the time, without having a receipt or the goods being in a saleable condition.

TBH the style of your post and your personal comments about the staff do suggest that you may not have been the sort of person that staff would have been incentivised to give any goodwill to.
    you have the right to exchange goods within 28 days of purchase .

Yes and you need a little slip of paper called a receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

You should request that this thread be moved to Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MissTheDome

If you have no receipt how are the retailers supposed to know when the 28 days are up?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

With a receipt or gift receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

gf8LpS1.jpg

Brown stain looks very fashionable is that a new trend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement