Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jackjones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

you have the right to exchange goods within 28 days of purchase .

No, you most certainly have no statutory rights to return goods from a bricks and mortar store for a change of mind, only for a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

you have the right to exchange goods within 28 days of purchase .

You're not a consumer in this instance and you've no contract with the store.

And you don't even have proof of purchase

With a receipt or gift receipt.

Still not a right, just shop policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You should request that this thread be moved to Consumer Issues

Ah no, it'll be far more craic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Uriel. wrote: »
    Could you not just refashion the jeans into denim short shorts?

489e79da3b2a925c1ce51d025a97971d--its-always-sunny-its-always.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't think that right is enshrined in law, unless they are unfit for purpose. Not to your taste isn't the same thing as not fit for purpose.

If you passed the deadline for exchange, it's your bad luck. The shop sold a product fit for purpose and gave a timeframe for exchange, it's not unreasonable for them to stick to it.

Hard luck OP, but they owe you nothing (as far as I know). If someone is more au fait with the process they could clue us in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to consumer issues. Please read the local charter. AH type replies could get you banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

At the very least you deserve a life time supply of boot cut jeans as compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Still not a right, just shop policy.

I used to work in a retailer which didn't offer change of mind (with good reason). The amount of people who would try to quotes consumer acts about it being a legal right to return any item for any reason was staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

To which i went to the trinity street store and they did exchange the item in question with no fuss what so ever .
    when i went back to the store in saint stevens green the manager told me that we are a different store because we are a franchise . what a load of sh**e . she was just having a bad day .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Your situation comes under "change of mind" and you are entitled to no recourse. Having no receipt makes it difficult even for a goodwill gesture. It's an old scam to shoplift items and them try to return them for something else.

If your interaction with the staff/manager had the same tone as the OP, I'm not surprised they didn't entertain you to be honest.

Is that straight from the POS or is there a "cooling off" period? In Ops respect I mean, genuinely.

backspin. wrote: »
    Where the labels still on the jeans, had you worn them?
    yes all labels on the jeans and never worn . my daughter had just brought them down to me on friday gone as she does not live with us .

If it's a franchise then its unconnected to the other store and one has nothing to do with the other.

I have to say that your posts make you sound like the kind of customer people in retail must dread, you're not coming across too well. And I didn't even see the uncensored OP!

To which i went to the trinity street store and they did exchange the item in question with no fuss what so ever .
    when i went back to the store in saint stevens green the manager told me that we are a different store because we are a franchise . what a load of sh**e . she was just having a bad day .

Why did you back to Stephens green if you got what you wanted on trinity street? Was it just to have a go at the manager there out of spite?

Yes and you need a little slip of paper called a receipt.
    i went to the trinity street store and the lady in there exchanged them with no hassle as she understood the situation in hand she was very helpful and gave me a receipt too

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

No disrespect, but I suspect they gave you the refund/exchange to put the issue to bed and get you off their backs. You had no legal right whatsoever to anything.

Edit: and even then you had to go back to Stephen's Green and keep it up!

Is that straight from the POS or is there a "cooling off" period? In Ops respect I mean, genuinely.

Cooling off of 14 days for online purchases only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

As someone who worked in retail for many years, thankfully not anymore, believe me when I tell you this. You were the problem here, not the staff behind the counter, not the shop. You were the issue, you went in demanding an exchange outside of their Christmas exchange period (which they do not have to offer) with no receipt. Those jeans could have been bought 4 years ago for all the person behind the till knew, you had no evidence whatsoever that they were recently purchased.

I'd be ashamed of my existence if i acted like that when I reach 57 years of age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Cooling off of 14 days for online purchases only.

And none for bricks and mortar so presumably?

Django99 wrote: »
    Why did you back to Stephens green if you got what you wanted on trinity street? Was it just to have a go at the manager there out of spite?
    well the manager was very snotty with me in saint stevens green shopping center . why could she not of been more nice . the costumer is allways right . without costumers they would not have shops .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You have already gotten what you wanted then. So the only point of this thread was to publicly attack and belittle some shop employees then? Charming.
    she was just having a bad day .

Ever hear of the lad who kept seeing car crashes in his rear-view mirror?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is everyone's troll filter off??

well the manager was very snotty with me in saint stevens green shopping center . why could she not of been more nice . the costumer is allways right . without costumers they would not have shops .

The customer is not always right. The only people who say this are people who are wrong.

I hate that attitude. Sure the customer is always right - until, like you, they're completely and utterly wrong. You had no right to anything and seem to have bullied the staff, and even when you got your refund or exchange, you went back and bullied them some more.

No, you weren't right to do that and I'd be crawling with embarrassment if I witnessed that.

This is why I'm always polite to people working in retail, because the hassle people like you give them must make their lives miserable.

. the costumer is allways right . without costumers they would not have shops .

The greatest myth in retail. And with some customers they would be better off without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

well the manager was very snotty with me in saint stevens green shopping center .

sometimes being snotty is the best response to stubborn children
    the costumer is allways right ..

except when they are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Saint Stephen's Green.

Candie wrote: »
    I hate that attitude. Sure the customer is always right - until, like you, they're completely and utterly wrong. You had no right to anything and seem to have bullied the staff, and even when you got your refund or exchange, you went back and bullied them some more.

No, you weren't right to do that and I'd be crawling with embarrassment if I witnessed that.

This is why I'm always polite to people working in retail, because the hassle people like you give them must make their lives miserable.
    I was as polite as possible but when you get a manager that just fogges you off like a bit of dirt on your shoe . i went back to the store to point out that why could you not be as helpful as the lady in trinity street and not treat me like i was trying to do you . there is too much P.C. in the world at the moment ..

Vic_08 wrote: »
    You have already gotten what you wanted then. So the only point of this thread was to publicly attack and belittle some shop employees then? Charming.

Ever hear of the lad who kept seeing car crashes in his rear-view mirror?

i sent the email to jackjones complaining about the way i was treated in saint stevens green store . when the lady in the trinity street store was very helpful and understanding . i was not trying to do anyone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pacifico wrote: »
    Is everyone's troll filter off??

@Pacifico - if you have a problem with a post, please report it. Do not clog up the thread with off-topic comments

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement