Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jackjones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

I posted this thread so that everyone could see how helpful jackjones are with there costumer care i hope i never have to deal with them again . thanks everyone for your reply.s .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’m glad you got some resolution at the second store, but you do need to be aware that legally, you were not entitled to any redress.

Going back to the original store is poor form in my opinion. You got your problem sorted, there’s a point at which it’s more dignified to take the high road and I think you should have left well alone.

you may be right in what you are saying . but i felt that the way i was treated in the first store that i should point out that why could you not of been so understanding as the trinity street store which was most helpful and understood the situation in hand .

dudara wrote: »
    I’m glad you got some resolution at the second store, but you do need to be aware that legally, you were not entitled to any redress.

Going back to the original store is poor form in my opinion. You got your problem sorted, there’s a point at which it’s more dignified to take the high road and I think you should have left well alone.

I understand what you are saying . i emailed jackjones to complain about the way i was treated in the first store . even when i went back to the store i was basically told to f**k off . if the manager was trained properly in dealing with the public she could of said something like well im glad you got sorted and i am glad .then i would not be here airing the point .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm 42 and I remember when I was about 19/20 being very demanding and sometimes rude to people in retail.

When I think back I'm totally ashamed of my conduct and thank god I developed some manors .

Now that I'm a father of 3 young children I'm going to do my best to teach my children important manors and respect .

Back on thread ..... I'm really glad you got what you were after and hope it was worth it. Maybe next time though ask your daughter if she could exchange items for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Embarrassing stuff OP. Shame on you.

if you read my post i did not want to insult my daughter by asking her to exchange the item in question as they were a christmas present from her . so i thought that jackjones would of understood the situation and be acccommodating to the situation . believe you me i am polite to people that are polite to me but to treat me like i was in there store to rip them off when that was not the fact just goes to show how much they care about there costumers . thats the point i am trying to get across

Embarrassing stuff OP. Shame on you.
    if you had of been treated the way i was in the store you would of done the same thing as me . there is to much P.C. in the world . myself as a consumer i do have rights and do not need to be just fogged off . and jackjones as a retailer should be more considerate to there costumers .

I'm 42 and I remember when I was about 19/20 being very demanding and sometimes rude to people in retail.

When I think back I'm totally ashamed of my conduct and thank god I developed some manors .

Now that I'm a father of 3 young children I'm going to do my best to teach my children important manors and respect .

Back on thread ..... I'm really glad you got what you were after and hope it was worth it. Maybe next time though ask your daughter if she could exchange items for you.
    well you should be ashamed . i have always conducted myself with manners . and i expect to be treated the same way .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op what's a costumer.... Do they fit costumes????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You're a complete embarrassment to yourself.

Asking for a manager when you were told the stores policy on returns, of course the manager had to side with their staff who told you correctly.

Going back to the shop after just shows how small you really are.

Customer is always right.......jesus

that,s correct . dumb ass . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I would wager you walked in demanding your rights and got a polite feck off. The way you came over on this thread is a "I know my rights", (which you obviously don't). While it would have been desirable to sort you out, they did not - for whatever reason.

Maybe you should consider how you deal with people has a direct response on their desire to assist you.

You appear to be quite abrasive from your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@punisher5112 - this is not AH, please post on-topic. Making fun of spelling errors is not on.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

if you had of been treated the way i was in the store you would of done the same thing as me . there is to much P.C. in the world . myself as a consumer i do have rights and do not need to be just fogged off . and jackjones as a retailer should be more considerate to there costumers .

You had no rights.

Just an ignorant attitude and the manager made a judgement call that exchanging the jeans and getting rid of you was worth the risk of being conned out of €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

i do have rights and do not need to be just fogged off . and jackjones as a retailer should be more considerate to there costumers .
    You had no rights in this situation. Absolutely none. Zero.

There is no legal right to a refund, replacement or exchange for a change of mind.

Even with a fault you must have a proof of purchase!

So given you didn't have a receipt and were demanding an exchange on a change of mind basis you were completely in the wrong and dependent on the goodwill of the shop.
    You were lucky.

I give up i really do . the store was not getting conned out of anything . i was just asking could they do me a favour by exchanging the jeans for something more suitable to my taste it was a simple request from a costumer to a retailer . jesus some people on boards are really dumb . do you not know your rights as a consumer .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭listermint

OP.

I suggest you tell your daughter you exhcanged them .

Why , because she will think you like them and you'll have the same problems next year.

This may actually lead her to get a gift receipt like she should have done.

Either way you come across quite unreasonable. I suggest you spend time on reason and patience

I give up i really do . the store was not getting conned out of anything . i was just asking could they do me a favour by exchanging the jeans for something more suitable to my taste it was a simple request from a costumer to a retailer . jesus some people on boards are really dumb . do you not know your rights as a consumer .

We do.

You don’t.

People in glass houses...

You had no rights in this situation. Absolutely none. Zero.

There is no legal right to a refund, replacement or exchange for a change of mind.

Even with a fault you must have a proof of purchase!

So given you didn't have a receipt and were demanding an exchange on a change of mind basis you were completely in the wrong and dependent on the goodwill of the shop.
    You were lucky.
    read the photo of the receipt i post i can exchange the item within 28 days of purchase . hello .

• Advertisement

read the photo of the receipt i post i can exchange the item within 28 days of purchase . hello .

Hello.

“... upon presentation of a receipt...”

Missed that bit, did you?

listermint wrote: »
    OP.

I suggest you tell your daughter you exhcanged them .

Why , because she will think you like them and you'll have the same problems next year.

This may actually lead her to get a gift receipt like she should have done.

Either way you come across quite unreasonable. I suggest you spend time on reason and patience
    you could be right in what you say . but come on be reasonable if you were given something as a christmas present would you insult the person by saying i don,t like that could i have something else . i was trying to be nice all round and hoping the store would be understanding enough to understand the situation i was in .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Mmm.... But you didn't bring the receipt did you???
    Helloooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Standard of discussion is still at AH levels...

amcalester wrote: »
    Hello.

“... upon presentation of a receipt...”

Missed that bit, did you?
    they were a christmas present i did not have the receipt . can you understand my situation i did not want to offend my daughter by saying i did not like them could you please exchange them . so i thought the store would be more understanding of my situation . jesus .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Deub

you could be right in what you say . but come on be reasonable if you were given something as a christmas present would you insult the person by saying i don,t like that could i have something else . i was trying to be nice all round and hoping the store would be understanding enough to understand the situation i was in .

From your posts, I don't think your were hoping. You just assumed it was your right to have them exchanged.

Mmm.... But you didn't bring the receipt did you???
    Helloooooooo
    no because i got that receipt in the second store that i went too . they were more helpful and understanding of my situation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Your first post says you went to a store with no receipt.
    Then you went to a different store and exchanged and the exchange receipt you got there said it was 28 days for exchange. So did you or did you not have a receipt in the first store? Did another post say it was a different franchise? I am not reading this entire thread again, but it is quite reasonable for different franchises to have different terms and conditions.
    What you have presented is nothing but an argument showing you are wrong and self righteous.

Deub wrote: »
    From your posts, I don't think your were hoping. You just assumed it was your right to have them exchanged.
    i did not think it was my right i thought as a costumer they would be more considerate and understand my situation .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

they were a christmas present i did not have the receipt . can you understand my situation i did not want to offend my daughter by saying i did not like them could you please exchange them . so i thought the store would be more understanding of my situation . jesus .

You can exchange something up to 28 days if you have a receipt. You didn't have the receipt therefore were entitled to NOTHING.

As I said earlier in this thread, I worked in retail from sales assistant up to store manager. I can 100% guarantee the manager from the 2nd shop rang the first shop, asked what the story was and was told to just do the swap to get rid of a pathetic 57 year old. The fact you then went back to the first store shows the kind of man you are, completely pathetic.

And by the way, the customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is in fact an irritant that you have to stomach when you work in retail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement