Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobpath

• 10-01-2018 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi can anyone help me I got a letter today from Jobpath to attend a meeting next week..I currently work 3 days a week every week and get the X and O forms signed..I will be working the day of the meeting can I postpone the meeting for another time..I did job bridge 3 yrs ago and the job kept me on and i really don’t want to leave..I thought Jobpath was only if you didn’t work at all..any advise please as I’m stressing out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

You are obliged to attend jobpath if you are claiming benefit for the days you don't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

Airforce21 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me I got a letter today from Jobpath to attend a meeting next week..I currently work 3 days a week every week and get the X and O forms signed..I will be working the day of the meeting can I postpone the meeting for another time..I did job bridge 3 yrs ago and the job kept me on and i really don’t want to leave..I thought Jobpath was only if you didn’t work at all..any advise please as I’m stressing out.

If called to attend you are obliged to participate on Jobpath while you are claiming a Jobseeker's payment. You need to phone them and explain your work pattern. They may arrange a more suitable time for you to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Don't stress about it. They will work around your work schedule. It's ridiculous though, the program is basically geared towards people who struggle to do the basic things like make a CV, etc. It's shocking how rudimentary it is, totally useless for anyone already in work, or anyone educated beyond LC. They haven't linked me into a job in the 9 months I'm on it, the only employers that use them are looking for minimum wage workers,and the employment advisors are not even qualified. It's just a pain in the hole and a tedious box ticking exercise, and money being wasted by our government paying a private company.

If you ask, you will be reimbursed for any travel costs, but. You must ask and must do it on the day you go in, you can't get backpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Airforce21

Don't stress about it. They will work around your work schedule. It's ridiculous though, the program is basically geared towards people who struggle to do the basic things like make a CV, etc. It's shocking how rudimentary it is, totally useless for anyone already in work, or anyone educated beyond LC. They haven't linked me into a job in the 9 months I'm on it, the only employers that use them are looking for minimum wage workers,and the employment advisors are not even qualified. It's just a pain in the hole and a tedious box ticking exercise, and money being wasted by our government paying a private company.

If you ask, you will be reimbursed for any travel costs, but. You must ask and must do it on the day you go in, you can't get backpaid.

Hi Ninety two team thanks for that,do Umean travel costs to get to the meeting?
    Could u tell me if u don’t mind how it works will they find jobs for me and I have to attend interviews etc or do I apply for jobs n show them proof..can they make me leave my job at present.
    Will I have to
    go the job path every week or is it a once off or are they on ur back all the time trying to get u a full time job..any advice wud be helpful as I don’t know anything bout it.thsnks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hi OP if you are claiming JS for any days at all then you must be looking for full time work, that’s basically it.
    Jobpath are there to get you into a full time job, so if you want to stay in your current job at 3 days per week then you will have to sign off.
    You may be eligible for FIS instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just received calls from two lads we have on part time contracts who have been given appointments for jobpath on a day that they're scheduled to work. When they called the number to reschedule they were told that attendance is mandatory and they'll have to take the day off work as the scheme exists to get them into work. So they'll have to sign on for a day instead of actually working. Is it only me thinks that this is bordering on Monty Python territory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Just received calls from two lads we have on part time contracts who have been given appointments for jobpath on a day that they're scheduled to work. When they called the number to reschedule they were told that attendance is mandatory and they'll have to take the day off work as the scheme exists to get them into work. So they'll have to sign on for a day instead of actually working. Is it only me thinks that this is bordering on Monty Python territory?

Definitely not just you, it's a complete farce of a scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Airforce21

I advised my personal adviser about my job 3days a week an hour an a half drive away.n they were v surprised that I was there esp when I work 3 days they mostly want people that don’t work at all they will work around my hours n I can let them know at last min if I can’t make app and they will reschedule to another time.

Airforce21 wrote: »
    I advised my personal adviser about my job 3days a week an hour an a half drive away.n they were v surprised that I was there esp when I work 3 days they mostly want people that don’t work at all they will work around my hours n I can let them know at last min if I can’t make app and they will reschedule to another time.

Sounds like the people on the ground have more common sense than whoever you get on the phone. I see the service in the northern half of the country is provided by an English company called Seetec. Will this have implications post Brexit with peoples SW details being shared with a company outside the EU.
    Their record in placing people in full time employment is exactly outstanding either, 18% at last count. LINK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

"The department confirmed that €58.5 million has so far been paid to JobPath contractors for initial registrations and employment retention bonuses"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

Nomis21 wrote: »
    "The department confirmed that €58.5 million has so far been paid to JobPath contractors for initial registrations and employment retention bonuses"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And I couldn’t have a safe pass unless I had a personal guarantee from an employer he would hire me if I got one.

Good lads Fine Gael.

Seetec are recruiting staff for their operation in Ireland so thought I'd take a look at what they offer. When I clicked on the links for the vacancies I was not exactly inspired by the result

123myxd.jpg

Advertisement