Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Employee Contract

Options
  • 10-01-2018 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice...
    I am a sole trader that will soon be looking to employ somebody part time, leading to full time in the next few months.
    Anyway, I don't really have a clue where to start with the contract side of things.
    Would you recommend that I use the services of a solicitor to help me draft a contract? I know there is templates online but with my business there is a few things I would have to add in that I'm not 100% sure on. SO I guess in wondering is it a "done thing" to use a solicitor for this?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Look into advice from a HR professional. A quick google search will provide you with any number of HR service providers here in Ireland.

You'll also need to register as an employer, that's if you haven't already. You can hold off on that until you do take on someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Look into advice from a HR professional. A quick google search will provide you with any number of HR service providers here in Ireland.

You'll also need to register as an employer, that's if you haven't already. You can hold off on that until you do take on someone.

Thanks So much for that. I've just found a HR company not too far away from me. I will make an appointment with them!
    Thanks again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Gee_G wrote: »
    Thanks So much for that. I've just found a HR company not too far away from me. I will make an appointment with them!
    Thanks again

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    You're welcome.

Hi, me again!

After pricing HR companies I decided to draw up the contract myself. They were looking for crazy money!!
    So I did a lot of research into what contracts needed to contain and especially relating to the industry I am in. Now I'm just wondering if, for it to legally stand, I have to bring it to a solicitor or something or do we just both sign the contract in front of a witness?

Thanks in Advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Gee_G wrote: »
    Hi, me again!

After pricing HR companies I decided to draw up the contract myself. They were looking for crazy money!!
    So I did a lot of research into what contracts needed to contain and especially relating to the industry I am in. Now I'm just wondering if, for it to legally stand, I have to bring it to a solicitor or something or do we just both sign the contract in front of a witness?

Thanks in Advance!
    You need to have it reviewed by a lawyer. What you want and what is legal usually are different. Your draft can be the basis of indicating what you want, the lawyer will tell you what is possible and probably add something that you've overlooked. Don't get advice and you will be living in a fool's paradise, believing yourself to be secure when in reality your overexposed. It'll be money well spent, you can use it for future employees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement