Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uni-fi Eco System

• 10-01-2018 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have been getting up to speed on Uni-fi do anyone here have experience using and installing the uni-fi switches etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

You can jump on a demo here -> https://demo.ubnt.com/manage/site/default/dashboard

If shows the web interface and Eco-system at work. Its pretty nice, clear and easy to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Dr_Bill wrote: »
    You can jump on a demo here -> https://demo.ubnt.com/manage/site/default/dashboard

If shows the web interface and Eco-system at work. Its pretty nice, clear and easy to use.
    Cheers I have checked out the demo before.

Has anyone installed a system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I have a USG, 2 switches and In-Wall AP running at home with the controller on AWS.

I also manage a switch and 2 APs for someone else as well.

Is having uni-fi for a home overkill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nope, its mostly low to mid end gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

This youtube channel has lots of info on unifi

Crosstalk Solutions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVS6ejD9NLZvjsvhcbiDzjw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

I have about 80 of their ap’s deployed accross 3 sites.
    Using their switches and gateways too.

Made the move over to unifi about 5 years ago at this stage. Almost zero hassle in comparison to other hardware over the years.

Use their cctv products (20 odd cameras and a couple of dvr’s) in place at another location too.
    Again. Very straight forward and again almost no issues.

Feel free to ask any questions. Pretty familiar with their stuff at this stage! Except the phones

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Apologies for the hi-jack.. just didn't want a new thread for a similar question.

Hey guys, could I ask who ye ordered your stuff from?

Looking at putting in a fairly decent order. 2 24POE Switches, couple of USG, AP, etc

Thanks

I’ve used 4Gon.co.uk, Amazon or Eurodk.com for ordering kit. Open to suggestions on Irish suppliers but in my own experience the prices haven’t been as competitive

• Advertisement

I’ve used 4Gon.co.uk, Amazon or Eurodk.com for ordering kit. Open to suggestions on Irish suppliers but in my own experience the prices haven’t been as competitive

EuroDK seem to be the most reasonable so far...

Adding these guys for a bit of balance - https://www.irishwireless.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I've learned to not underestimate the advantages of buying from local stores where possible. The small premium is worth it when things go wrong.

I've learned to not underestimate the advantages of buying from local stores where possible. The small premium is worth it when things go wrong.

Have you any recommendations?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Usually these come with EU plugs so make sure to check that you're getting a UK plug.

I learned the hard way. Ubiquiti gear is pretty good, compatible with mobile devices. Some other stuff I've found doesn't work out of the box with Apple devices for example

Looking like going with eurodk, seems to be the most reasonable when all considered.

Advertisement