Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Sharon is so consistent it's great

Her Dad is gas

Jeez Susanna is so up and down it's unreal

Very surprised at that result

Must be food issue i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Paul: I'm having beans and they are not bachelors. :D I thought that was funny.

His wife looks like she's going to murder him though ..... God love her.

Andrew's confidence is way up

Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Andrew is beaming, delighted for him!

• Advertisement

10% weight is some going at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He's a great role model, unlike the one before him who is a waste of a space as a leader, I'm sure there were plenty of other more deserving people who could have taken her spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Something off with that husband

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

"I did 100 push ups last night"... Cut to a video of him doing something, they weren't push ups....

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Andrew's confidence is way up
    Fair play to him

Husbands getting jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

mloc123 wrote: »
    "I did 100 push ups last night"... Cut to a video of him doing something, they weren't push ups....

Very same thoughts. He was only going up and down a few inches and his form was all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Arduach wrote: »
    Very same thoughts. He was only going up and down a few inches and his form was all over the place.

They made him look bad on that one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd love to see the negative psychological side effects of these programs, I suspect it's not good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I didn't like Paul's attitude on the show last night. I thought after last week's episode he would have been humbled a bit but when they showed him watching it on the tv he was sitting there smirking! Not a chance he will keep anything up once the show finishes, that's if he makes it to the end without storming off. He's not inspiring as a "leader".

Susuana - I like her, she's bubbly and infectious! But she has to be eating more than what's on her plan. Little snacks add up quite a lot and you wouldn't even notice.

Sharon and Hazel are doing so well. They have a great supportive family and are making the plan work with work, school, family etc. Great leaders.

Andrew... he is doing so well with the weight loss but... he kinda seems like he's running on adrenaline at the moment. Great weight losses, brilliant running, heaps of praise and attention and support. How is he going to react if he has a bad week weight loss wise, if he gets an injury, when the praise and social media support stop? I didn't like how OT showed the row with his husband on the show last night, it didn't paint his husband in a good light. OT did this a few years ago too where they showed a leader's wife having a row about something to do with OT, she requested the cameras to stop filming and they actually broadcast it on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I didn't like Paul's attitude on the show last night. I thought after last week's episode he would have been humbled a bit but when they showed him watching it on the tv he was sitting there smirking! Not a chance he will keep anything up once the show finishes, that's if he makes it to the end without storming off. He's not inspiring as a "leader".

Susuana - I like her, she's bubbly and infectious! But she has to be eating more than what's on her plan. Little snacks add up quite a lot and you wouldn't even notice.

Sharon and Hazel are doing so well. They have a great supportive family and are making the plan work with work, school, family etc. Great leaders.

Andrew... he is doing so well with the weight loss but... he kinda seems like he's running on adrenaline at the moment. Great weight losses, brilliant running, heaps of praise and attention and support. How is he going to react if he has a bad week weight loss wise, if he gets an injury, when the praise and social media support stop? I didn't like how OT showed the row with his husband on the show last night, it didn't paint his husband in a good light. OT did this a few years ago too where they showed a leader's wife having a row about something to do with OT, she requested the cameras to stop filming and they actually broadcast it on the show.

Ohh the wife from Eastern Europe, think she might have been Polish. Very stern.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    OT did this a few years ago too where they showed a leader's wife having a row about something to do with OT, she requested the cameras to stop filming and they actually broadcast it on the show.

Yes, I think it was the guy who was a paramedic, from Donegal. His wife was cooking some of her native dishes, and got upset when Aoife arrived at the house. She felt it was a criticism of her cooking. I remember her asking that they stop filming but they didn't.

Haven't caught up on last night's programme yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Susuana is a waste of time... she doesn't want to do it, the fake surprised face on her when they said she had put on weight... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'd love to see the negative psychological side effects of these programs, I suspect it's not good

Yeah have wondered about that myself. Putting people up on a pedestal for 8 weeks and getting them to share their deepest secrets with their local town and the nation at large does not bode well for further down the line when the cameras are long gone. There has to be some percentage of them who years later regretted ever going anywhere near the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

There doesn't seem to be as much social media presence for the leaders on this year's OT. I remember in the past each leader would have their weekly weigh-ins on Facebook and people could post and give them support and encouragement. Instagram is having a bigger presence but it takes away the individual and their own journey. Aoife's cooking videos with her daughter's on Instagram were brilliant. That butternut squash and cheese macaroni looks gorgeous. Paul is really starting to grate me now. He'll be back off the horse once the show ends if he stays with his current mindset. He's an answer to everything and everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Paul's a total waster. He'll be back eating fried deli food in a few weeks. Can't believe he's 41. He looks 51.

Susanna, another useless contestant. Funny though. Unlike Paul, at least she has something going for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I still think Paul will come out on the final episode and declare that he has won a bet with his workmates that he couldn't carry on the whole obnoxious idiot shtick for the full run of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

I hate the way they roll out the contestants practically naked. Its degrading and then usually beside the host who happens to be a slim attractive blonde done up to the nines.
    Its not great

I hate the way they roll out the contestants practically naked. Its degrading and then usually beside the host who happens to be a slim attractive blonde done up to the nines.
    Its not great

I don't hate it at all. It's realistic, it's showing them as they currently are. Having Kathryn Thomas beside them is irrelevant, she's the shows presenter who just happens to take care of her body. If anything it should act as a measuring stick for the other leaders to aspire to and to look and feel better. Think of it as extra motivation for them. It's not degrading at all, they all agreed to become leaders and are also leaders for other people in their age and weight category. Degrading would mean it's humiliating, a loss of self-respect and something they had to do or were forced to do, while in this case it's something they have chosen to do. Big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Its not great

The first presenter was Gerry ryan, hardly the poster child for healthy eating, taking care of yourself......I don't think the show has an agenda to body shame by having a presenter who looks after themselves.... she's definitely attractive but I wouldn't put her in a glamazon category either.

I've said this before, the show is running since 2008, the contestants know what is expected of them and how the show is filmed.

No one is forced into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Yes, I think it was the guy who was a paramedic, from Donegal. His wife was cooking some of her native dishes, and got upset when Aoife arrived at the house. She felt it was a criticism of her cooking. I remember her asking that they stop filming but they didn't.

Haven't caught up on last night's programme yet.

To be fair the show could do better to cater for their leaders backgrounds and families. To not include any traditional African options for Susanna is madness and strikes me as a cookie cutter plan rather than a plan designed for the individual.

Back on tonight. I wonder how they're getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

"This week.. you weigh 21 stone"
    "Or three Kathryn Thomases..."

Paul is some moanbag and a smart a##

Really beginning to annoy me

Did well on the weigh in though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Paul is some moanbag and a smart a##